**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You were one of the thousands already carving his Lakers obituary from day one.
It was disappointment from the beginning for you all and it was going to be disappointment the whole way through.

Wrong. I gave him credit after 2020. But to act like this has been what's been expected from his tenure here based on who he is and what immediately preceded him coming here is funny.

Wrong. I gave him credit after 2020. But to act like this has been what's been expected from his tenure here based on who he is and what immediately preceded him coming here is funny.

You are 100% correct, no need to explain to those who are blind with Purple and Gold.

Imagine not making the playoffs for 8 seasons, then saying the last 5 years haven't been worth it :lol:

I think some of you guys have forgotten just how dark things were before LeBron got to the Lakers. It was the worst stretch in franchise history and we were going nowhere.

I fear we are headed for the same outcome when LeBron leaves and this is why I am against trading any more draft picks for into the future, I don't want to hand another team a top five pick.

Screenshot_20240131_161223_Chrome.jpg

You just restated what I previously said; you just worded it differently.

'Since he is coming off of 4 rings from 10 straight Finals, I expect multiple championships and if that doesn't happen I will be disappointed in him' = 'It was disappointment from the beginning for you all and it was going to be disappointment the whole way through.'

And actually, what he just came off of, the team he was most recently with before us was the Cavaliers... resulting in 1 championship. Sure, 3 Finals losses around that 1 championship. Would that make you feel better? If we had multiple Finals losses every year he was here and then the one Finals win?
That's funny.

You just restated what I previously said; you just worded it differently.

'Since he is coming off of 4 rings from 10 straight Finals, I expect multiple championships and if that doesn't happen I will be disappointed in him' = 'It was disappointment from the beginning for you all and it was going to be disappointment the whole way through.'

And actually, what he just came off of, the team he was most recently with before us was the Cavaliers... resulting in 1 championship. Sure, 3 Finals losses around that 1 championship. Would that make you feel better? If we had multiple Finals losses every year he was here and then the one Finals win?
That's funny.

So you're saying it's too much to ask for multiple titles from an all time great here? Interesting, especially coming from you.

So you're saying it's too much to ask for multiple titles from an all time great here? Interesting, especially coming from you.
No, that's not what I'm saying.
I actually haven't said one word about expectations.
I swear online conversations are just clutch-pearled interpretations. "Wait, did you just say..."
No. No I didn't. Said nothing about expectations, of a great or a regular.

I think some of you guys have forgotten just how dark things were before LeBron got to the Lakers. It was the worst stretch in franchise history and we were going nowhere.

I fear we are headed for the same outcome when LeBron leaves and this is why I am against trading any more draft picks for into the future, I don't want to hand another team a top five pick.

Screenshot_20240131_161223_Chrome.jpg

The way you act on here, you deserve this fear.

No, that's not what I'm saying.
I actually haven't said one word about expectations.
I swear online conversations are just clutch-pearled interpretations. "Wait, did you just say..."
No. No I didn't. Said nothing about expectations, of a great or a regular.

"Since he is coming off of 4 rings from 10 straight Finals, I expect multiple championships and if that doesn't happen I will be disappointed in him' = 'It was disappointment from the beginning for you all and it was going to be disappointment the whole way through.'

You inferred what I was expecting here, no? So you did mention it. And then proceeded to assume what I would be disappointed in. I was expecting multiple titles like every other pantheon great that came here and that hasn't happened. Don't have to assume anything more than that because it's coming straight from the source.

You inferred what I was expecting here, no?
Yes, I did.
So you did mention it.
Mentioned what YOU were expecting, yes. Not one word about my expectations, like I pointed out. So as far as saying not one word about my expectations... in response to you asking "So you're saying such and such about a great"... no. Not one word about my expectations.
And then proceeded to assume what I would be disappointed in.
Yes.
Well, kind of. You already said what you were disappointed in. I was just pointing out that that's what the path was from the beginning for tons of Lakers fans and I remembered you being one of them. I didn't assume what you would be disappointed in; I acknowledged what you stated being disappointed in and pointed out that it had already been that way.

At any rate...

From the second he came here, he was hated on by a tonnnnn of Lakers fans.
Lead us to a title. "Just 1" is weird. That's 1 more than 10 teams still sitting at 0. That's 1 more than 29 other teams in that time. Only the Dubs have won multiple in the time he been here, And I'm pretty sure it's unanimously agreed on that the Dubs are a better run franchise at this current point in time than we are.

"It's too much to ask for multiple championships from an all-time great here?"

Wizards fan when they had it 38-40 year old Michael Jordan

In fairness, expecting Prime Bron to win more than 1 chip is fair.

Expecting 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39 year old Bron to win multiple, is kind of unfair, and falls on someone else......

But hey. Nobody wanna say nothin about that so I'll digress.

It's funny that people complain about how terrible our coach is and how poorly the roster is constructed but then also blame LeBron for not being able to overcome these things. Just bizarre behavior.

There are plenty stats to support the fact that TP is playing too many minutes.

There are also plenty stats to suggest that playing a non-spacing wing/big like Vando is detrimental to an already creaky offense.

IMG_0386.jpeg

Yeah typical BSPN fodder.

Lakers were on every talk program on BSPN today.

Hopefully Rob has something cooking.

If he doesn't, there isn't much I can do about it but I don't have to watch either.

They won’t do it.

But maybe they should acquiesce to the Hawks on AR. But pull the 1st. Offer them 1 pick swap instead.

They then have enough to make another pretty good move to get TP out of there.

Back
Top Bottom