**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Meh, this is kinda overblown at the moment.

Will have one of 2024/2025, 2026, own all picks until 2028.
Other than Christie, not much young talent to get excited about IMO. Most teams got a couple guys to look forward to

Darvin Ham is likely going to get the axe at some point. Ham is like the 6th coach they’ve had since Phil quit (not counting interim coaches). At some point the problem is much more organizational than it is the head coach. Ham will be the fall guy, but I doubt whoever ends up replacing him lasts more than 2 seasons either. So hard to build anything sustainable when it’s all types of constant roster turnover, the constant roster turnover has been a recurring thing going back to Kobe’s last few years where they were just milking his farewell tour and stockpiling picks.

The organization has this outdated way of thinking. They want to be a brand more than a winning basketball franchise, and are more concerned about what celebrities are at the games and think every superstar player automatically wants to play in LA for the Lakers just because it’s the Lakers.

Like don’t get me wrong. I’m sure the market, history, and it being the Lakers helps and has appeal. But only if you have a winning culture in place. Like when they got Shaq in the summer of 96, that was a 53 win team with lots of young talent which was a major selling point.

Imagine not making the playoffs for 8 seasons, then saying the last 5 years haven't been worth it :lol:

First year - No playoffs
2nd year - title
3rd year - 1st rd exit
4th year - No playoffs
5th year - WCF
6th year - looks to be following the pattern

For what Bron did before he came West, yeah it's been real meh outside of 2020.

First year - No playoffs
2nd year - title
3rd year - 1st rd exit
4th year - No playoffs
5th year - WCF

So 3 playoff appearances, a WCF appearance, and a championship for a team that had been picking in the lottery since 2014 is meh???

So 3 playoff appearances, a WCF appearance, and a championship for a team that had been picking in the lottery since 2014 is meh???

This year is wasted by Ham.
Last year was wasted by Ham.
Year before that was wasted by Rush.
Year before that was wasted by injuries.

They are lucky I still support them.

First year - No playoffs
2nd year - title
3rd year - 1st rd exit
4th year - No playoffs
5th year - WCF

giphy.gif

How many teams have been to the conference finals twice and won a championship since 2019?

First year - No playoffs - tried it out with the young core,
2nd year - title - got AD had a GOAT in AC
3rd year - 1st rd exit - Injuries
4th year - No playoffs - Rust
5th year - WCF - got off of Rust
6th year - looks to be following the pattern - year 21

the east was a cakewalk for the past 20 years

We're in good company.

Not gonna win the finals every year big dawg.

Lebron Era has been fun, the bubble/kobe year was AMAZING

We should win every year, we cant even compete with Marvel.

LeBron era was fun 1 year, and it was unfortunately the year Kobe died.

LeBron's run n the Lakers has been a disaster, cause were stuck with AD and Clutch.

Bron chose this coach and got the last coach who was actually good, fired.

Lakers should of signed Kawhai.

For a guy that went to 10 straight Finals, yea. Excuse me if I expected a little more.
You were one of the thousands already carving his Lakers obituary from day one.
It was disappointment from the beginning for you all and it was going to be disappointment the whole way through.

Back
Top Bottom