**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/hmfaigen[/URL]"]
Harrison Faigen‏Verified account @hmfaigen

Lakers director of player personnel Ryan West joining his dad with the Clippers is reportedly a ‘strong’ possibility

[/quote]

tumblr_inline_oozuzcMcDb1qmejg1_540.gif

Losing Ryan West would be a huge blow.

I could see him feeling slighted that Pelinka got the GM job over him though.

Good move for Ryan if he goes, more opportunity to be GM of Clippers in near future. Rob will be Lakers GM for a while. Wonder if hiring his son was part of Jerrys deal

He's about 4-5 inches taller, more versatile defender, higher ceiling but the questions regarding their offensive development are similar

Winslow listed at 6'6
Jackson 6'7

View media item 2462050
Stats like
It's a contract year for him and he's tryna get paid. Where was this last summer though? :rolleyes Glad to see that he's finally getting in shape though. I'm less concerned about how his body looks and more concerned about his shooting and defense.

Or if he realized he does have another arm with a hand attached to it.

Stats like
It's a contract year for him and he's tryna get paid. Where was this last summer though?
eyes.gif
Glad to see that he's finally getting in shape though. I'm less concerned about how his body looks and more concerned about his shooting and defense.
I gotta give him credit though, dude is putting in work.  I have to imagine if he is working this hard he has to be putting in some work on his shot and off hand.  Being in this condition is certainly going to help on the defensive side of things.

Last edited:
Nothing like a contract year to light the fire under a player's ***

If I wasn't sure before, now I know yall don't watch the games :lol:. Julius made hella strides this season and he's only getting better

If I wasn't sure before, now I know yall don't watch the games
laugh.gif
. Julius made hella strides this season and he's only getting better
Yea he showed improvement last year for sure. My main gripe with him has always been effort and hustle, hopefully getting in shape will help that.

If I wasn't sure before, now I know yall don't watch the games :lol:. Julius made hella strides this season and he's only getting better

He's a solid NBA player, he's a tenacious rebounder and has natural playmaking ability in the open floor. His primary issues are that he's a net zero because his defense is so bad and he kills our spacing because he can't shoot. He's still a young and improving. Double-double guys are hard to find.

I just want to know what the ******* previous strength and conditioning coach was doing that he allowed players to look like Randle in the before picture.

The dude has probably cut 20 pounds of fat and considering the workouts he is doing, he should be in incredible shape come the season.  I have to imagine that is going to help a ton with the effort and hustle side of things.  I've cut 20 pounds a few times, and it is always way easier to play defense on people afterwards.  Sliding your feet in front of your man, conditioning, effort, all seem to amp up (at least for me) when I am cutting. 

what y'all think of Jonah Bolden for the 28th pick? Is it too much of a reach that high if we hypothetically take Zo or Fox, then take him? I love his stroke and athleticism.

Serious question, if the lakers extend Randle.  What type of contract y'all think he is going to get?

I would love to see the Lakers get him on a reasonable/team friendly deal like they did with Clarkson, but if I'm Randle and his reps I'm not taking a cent less than Luol Deng got, that would be the minimum and obviously I would start by asking for significantly more . 

I would love to see the Lakers get him on a reasonable/team friendly deal like they did with Clarkson, but if I'm Randle and his reps I'm not taking a cent less than Luol Deng got, that would be the minimum and obviously I would start by asking for significantly more . 
Yeah I think it is dependent on the stride he makes this season, but I assumed he would get $20M 

Back
Top Bottom