**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

eyes.gif

what y'all think of Jonah Bolden for the 28th pick? Is it too much of a reach that high if we hypothetically take Zo or Fox, then take him? I love his stroke and athleticism.
He looks good, if the Lakers like him at 28 I would be ok with it. I'm curious if they would be drafting him as a replacement to Julius. 

Randle had lost weight from when he was drafted to going into his 2nd year. A decent amount too.

Maybe he just didn't like how his conditioning felt. It's not easy for an NBA player to make changes to their body during the season.

It's almost as if as the kid gets older and wiser he starts to figure out how to be a true pro in terms of working out the right way, what drills he needs work on, etc. I know that every 19 and 20 year old should already know all those things because they're getting paid blah blah blah but hey.

:lol:

Really interested to see JR this year.

If his conditioning has improved to the point where he runs hard consistently... man it will be problems with Ball running the break.

I'm back to Lonzo or bust :lol:

Last edited:
Ball
DLo/Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Fox
DLo/Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Dlo
Clarkson
Ingram/Jackson
Randle/Nance
Zubac

#28 still to be used as well.

Yea I think he's getting over 20 especially if we let him hit restricted FA.

IMO we should trade him and package him with Deng or Mozgov in order to get rid of their contracts. We don't want to lose him for nothing. He's gonna want around $20 million per season and someone will pay him. In the modern NBA, every team is shelling out big money; the difference between the good teams and the bad teams is who you pay big money to. The Warriors are paying Draymond Green $16m/yr and Klay Thompson $15m/yr. We're out here paying Mozgov $16m/yr and Deng $18m/yr to literally do nothing :smh: :smh: :smh:. I like Randle but you're not winning titles paying him $20m/yr, he's a good piece but not the starting PF on a title team.

Last edited:
im not sure if JR can play in high level playoff basketball, but I need another season to confirm that thought. He can make big strides this year and you could end up looking foolish for trading him to get rid of a contract.

What's his cap hold for next year? If Bron wants to come here, then everything changes so honestly idk.

im not sure if JR can play in high level playoff basketball, but I need another season to confirm that thought. He can make big strides this year and you could end up looking foolish for trading him to get rid of a contract.

What's his cap hold for next year? If Bron wants to come here, then everything changes so honestly idk.

He's only making $4m next season but we need to trade him before he becomes expensive and he leaves for nothing or we have to pay him Mozgov money.

Ball
DLo/Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Fox
DLo/Clarkson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
Zubac

Dlo
Clarkson
Ingram/Jackson
Randle/Nance
Zubac

aside from the draft picks

how do you guys see the bench playing out? 

i think Moz gets another chance to start over Zu to start the year

does ball/fox start over JC to start the season? 

Black the odd man out? 

who will be our back up PG? play both JC and nwaba out there? 

deng will get min if we draft a PG backing up BI...or are we signing/drafting someone to get minutes here

NY coming back? 

Yea I think he's getting over 20 especially if we let him hit restricted FA.

IMO we should trade him and package him with Deng or Mozgov in order to get rid of their contracts. We don't want to lose him for nothing. He's gonna want around $20 million per season and someone will pay him. In the modern NBA, every team is shelling out big money; the difference between the good teams and the bad teams is who you pay big money to. The Warriors are paying Draymond Green $16m/yr and Klay Thompson $15m/yr. We're out here paying Mozgov $16m/yr and Deng $18m/yr to literally do nothing :smh: :smh: :smh:. I like Randle but you're not winning titles paying him $20m/yr, he's a good piece but not the starting PF on a title team.

:rofl:

Ball

DLo/Clarkson

Ingram

Randle/Nance

Zubac

Fox

DLo/Clarkson

Ingram

Randle/Nance

Zubac

Dlo

Clarkson

Ingram/Jackson

Randle/Nance

Zubac

aside from the draft picks
how do you guys see the bench playing out? 
i think Moz gets another chance to start over Zu to start the year

does ball/fox start over JC to start the season? 
Black the odd man out? 
who will be our back up PG? play both JC and nwaba out there? 
deng will get min if we draft a PG backing up BI...or are we signing/drafting someone to get minutes here
NY coming back? 

Nwaba likely stays, and I assume Black too, but never know. I think Brewer will be back as well, and then Deng/Moz. Unless we deal a couple pieces, I don't see much action for us outside of #2 and 28. I doubt a package of Brewer, Deng, Moz and Black would net us much. Maybe some slightly used nudes of Jeanie and a couple basketballs or somethin. :lol:

Not moving Randle (or any core piece) to get off of Deng or Moz. Also not going to let their terrible contracts dictate how much I give him. Those are sunk costs.

They only have 2 years on their deals after this year, if Randle improves he's a valuable for the next 6-7 yrs.

And this is coming from someone that has not been high on him.

I'm not a capologist but I think there's no point in trading Moz/Deng and attaching a real piece since you're not pursuing a max free agent this year and you can just stretch one or both next summer. I think I did read somewhere that even if you stretch them someone like Clarkson would have to go in order to afford a max guy next year

Not moving Randle (or any core piece) to get off of Deng or Moz. Also not going to let their terrible contracts dictate how much I give him. Those are sunk costs.

They only have 2 years on their deals after this year, if Randle improves he's a valuable for the next 6-7 yrs.

And this is coming from someone that has not been high on him.

Co-sign.

I think I'm the only person in the world that thinks Deng has some type of value. He's just horribly miscast in this roster because he can't get playing time at his best position, the 4, due to Randle/Nance needing those minutes.

You're telling me Brooklyn can't use Deng? I understand that contract is ugly but the Nets need talent. I wish Thibs would trade for him :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I'm not a capologist but I think there's no point in trading Moz/Deng and attaching a real piece since you're not pursuing a max free agent this year and you can just stretch one or both next summer. I think I did read somewhere that even if you stretch them someone like Clarkson would have to go in order to afford a max guy next year
Well in 2018 they have 48M in cap wrapped up without extending randle.  Say they give him $20M that puts them at $68M plus say another $5M in cap holds to put them at like 73M in salaries.  That would give them enough to offer someone 30M if the cap stays at $103M.  This is all saying they extend randle during the season instead of waiting.  If they waited it would just be 48M + whatever randle's cap hold would be which I dont know off the top of my head.

Co-sign.

I think I'm the only person in the world that thinks Deng has some type of value. He's just horribly miscast in this roster because he can't get playing time at his best position, the 4, due to Randle/Nance needing those minutes.

You're telling me Brooklyn can't use Deng? I understand that contract is ugly but the Nets need talent. I wish Thibs would trade for him
laugh.gif
mean.gif
You may be able to trade Deng to a contender for an expiring contract or a contract that comes off the books sooner.  I would do shump + frye for deng.

Back
Top Bottom