**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers going after Lebron next summer with this Brook Lopez trade (I really don't want Lebron)

When PG gets here, there isn't any room for D'lo. Lonzo/Ingram/PG will occupy the 1-3 positions

Lakers going after Lebron next summer with this Brook Lopez trade (I really don't want Lebron)

When PG gets here, there isn't any room for D'lo. Lonzo/Ingram/PG will occupy the 1-3 positions

I think their main targets next summer to pair with PG13, Lonzo, and Ingram are:

1: Westbrook
2: Boogie
3: Lebron

As great as Lebron is he's going to be 33 years old next summer. If anything I see him going next door to the Clips to team up with his buddy CP3 and the Jerry West influence. That's IF he is really seriously considering leaving the Cavs and Eastern Conf. I mean why would he head to the Western Conf. that is harder and deeper and have to go through the Warriors for the next 3 to 5 years just to even get to the Finals.

Last edited:
I don't like what we got back for DLo at all.
It really is sad to see us trade him so young for pennies on the dollar regardless of how indifferent we are on his future and stardom.

However, objectively speaking...I feel like having multiple coaching staffs and regimes--including someone as forward thinking and optimistic as Luke, as well Magic Johnson who 2 years ago thought DLo would be a super star...not believe in your abilities to become a leader and winner for the franchise...speaks volumes.

I mean can we at least all agree on that? If DLo was a winner and THAT guy, someone like Luke would of surely stood up for him and said nah he stays. But no one fought for him to stay. They've been dangling him trades for a while and unfortunately his value league wide was no where as high as DLo's ego was.

It's a shame we couldn't get more, it really is.
But if we was really a franchise player for us it's hard to believe Magic Luke and Rob would all give up on him so fast and easily.
Maybe I'm naive but it's just hard to believe Magic is as stupid as you guys think he is...

Beggers can't be choosers when teams know the Lakers main objectives were to

1: Clear 1 of 2 bad contracts in Moz or Deng. The Lakers knew it was going to cost them one of their young current core players which was D'Lo.
2: GM's around the league know about D'Lo attitude and training & work out issues but still are willing to take a chance on him reasoning "maybe he just needs a change of scenery"

Why exactly are we beggars and why did we have to move Moz? We had a team full of found guys, young coach and a young star wanting to come here next yr. Thats a bright future.Who are we begging for??

A lot of #2 has to do with dlo and some has to do with the org talking him down in public. Even if he is a prob keep that in house and move him quietly.

They couldn't move him next summer when there was only two years left on that contract? I call ********. We still had room to sign PG to a max.

If that is the case then we expect to see the 2 or BI traded with deng to get out of that contract.
Lakers are shooting to bring more than just PG in. This isn't that hard to understand. 

Well if they have stars lined up do this once u have them locked up not before. There's still a chance PG doesn't come and we out here *** naked.

Bad asset management any way u look at it.

Last edited:
Damn. I don't want Lebbywinks on LA. Another superstar looking at cashing in on the Lakers at the end of their career. And for Winkles it's all about using the LA market to jump start his post NBA career... what better place. Then factor in he wants and has always gotten decision making powers - F that. And finally him on the team will stop the growth of our young talent till he retires... I'm still trying to internalize coming to terms that Ball is now a Laker. Ball and Winkles in the same team. Might be my all time not happy with Laker team, up there with Kwame and Smush.

Gotta bank on the fact Winkles doesn't have the mental fortitude to survive in the WC.

I need more from Magic before Thurs. PG has to happen for any of this to make sense.

Last edited:
We have been shooting to bring in multiple free agents for the last three years and it hasn't worked. Not that hard to understand

You have to recognize and understand that was under the old management of Jimbo Buss & Mitch.

Heck the fact that Magic & Pelinka are even active and getting trades done and having a ton of trade rumors shows they already doing better than the old management.

Last edited:
We have been shooting to bring in multiple free agents for the last three years and it hasn't worked. Not that hard to understand

You have to recognize and understand that was under the old management of Jimbo Buss & Mitch.

Heck the fact that Magic & Pelinka are even active and getting trades done and having a ton of trade rumors shows they already doing better than the old management.

Activity does not equal productivity. C'mon man.

Last edited:
Lakers are shooting to bring more than just PG in. This isn't that hard to understand. 

Maybe because 2 of those last 3 years the selling point of the team was playing with a broken down Kobe Bryant and old management gave him an awful contract that made no sense

I'm pretty sure magics dumb old pitch is going to be the same as the one that didn't work for Mitch. "Come here for the history". Not to mention the one move they have made is almost as bad as those deng and mozgov transaction. I don't even want to know what **** they are about to give up for PG

Maybe because 2 of those last 3 years the selling point of the team was playing with a broken down Kobe Bryant and old management gave him an awful contract that made no sense

What was last year's excuse? Lakers couldn't even get a damn meeting

That was under the old regime.

I seriously doubt PG even considers the Lakers if Mitch and Jim are running things.

Last edited:

What was last year's excuse? Lakers couldn't even get a damn meeting

Why did they deserve a meeting following those 2 years? Because Kobe was gone and our best players were slow feet and a teenager? Yeah, very attractive selling point. Who wants to join a ******* 20 win team with no established stars :lol:

Last edited:
Why did they deserve a meeting following those 2 years? Because Kobe was gone and our best players were slow feet and a teenager? Yeah, very attractive selling point.

What's our selling point now? A lanky 190 pound kid, a guy who hasn't played an NBA game yet, and a pf who we may or may not give 20M to next season. Great selling point.

News flash, this is still a 20 win team with no stars.

Last edited:
Why did they deserve a meeting following those 2 years? Because Kobe was gone and our best players were slow feet and a teenager? Yeah, very attractive selling point.

What's our selling point now? A lanky 190 pound kid, a guy who hasn't played an NBA game yet, and a pf who we may or may not give 20M to next season. Great selling point

Are you going to explain why the last 3 years there was a selling point or jump around asking questions in return to everything? And if PG13 comes, automatically better than any selling point there was those last 3 years.

Last edited:
Are you going to explain why the last 3 years there was a selling point or jump around asking questions in return to everything?

Are you not reading? I'm saying the last 3 years we didn't have a selling point and this year we still don't have a selling point. You say people didn't want to come here because we were a 20 win team with no stars. We are still a 20 win team with no stars.

Momo on 710 ESPN again.

- Said when Lakers drafted Russell they hoped he would be an elite playmaker, they liked his swagger but it didn't translate into a winning team, said this could still come back to haunt the Lakers but what they saw in his years here made them comfortable to do that trade

- Said Lakers could've tried to rebuilt his value more but thinks the Lakers got a fair value for Russell, said Brook Lopez is a good stretch 5 for the FO's vision

- Regarding George, she maintains as long as Lakers can keep Ingram or the 2nd pick, anyone still could be traded

- Believes it will be Randle that gets traded for PG13

- Thinks trade will happen in the "next day or two"

Are you going to explain why the last 3 years there was a selling point or jump around asking questions in return to everything?

Are you not reading? I'm saying the last 3 years we didn't have a selling point and this year we still don't have a selling point. You say people didn't want to come here because we were a 20 win team with no stars. We are still a 20 win team with no stars.

The trade hasn't even gone through and you're throwing a fit like there will be no more moves after it by the time the season starts.

When I hear people say they wouldnt want Bron:

tumblr_lc5np7NYj61qdubemo1_500.gif

The trade hasn't even gone through and you're throwing a fit like there will be no more moves after it by the time the season starts.

No, the trade hasn't gone through so I'm working with what this roster has and not what it does not.

Mans been typing with his shirt off for the last 5 hours. Haven't heard a single negative analysis of this move yet Magic is running the team into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom