**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Woj, Momo, Stein, Ding. That's who you look for. I know DA has clout, he's in the HOF, just not with the Lakers. 

why? Mitch and John Black aren't here anymore... much more pre-draft leaks from the FO than years past

tenor.gif

This is mostly on the last regime. We had to get rid of the Moz or Deng contracts if we want to turn this around soon, so we had to attach a young asset

If we trade Deng, keep BI and #2 and land PG this will be a huge success

Man people on here and other Lakers forums just don't get that the Lakers were NEVER going to be able or were willing to keep every single lottery draft pick or future pick we have or had while adding a Superstar like PG13, Westbrook, Lebron, or Boogie.

It just isn't possible.

Heck people on seriously wanted to keep everyone: D'Lo, Ingarm, Randle, Clarkson, Nance Jr., Zubac, and Ball.

Also tell me when have the Lakers done this in their franchise history where they built through the NBA draft and waited 5+ years hoping for 1 or 2 of those picks to turn into superstar or even allstar level players.

Last edited:
This is mostly on the last regime. We had to get rid of the Moz or Deng contracts if we want to turn this around soon, so we had to attach a young asset

If we trade Deng, keep BI and #2 and land PG this will be a huge success

That was on the last regime, don't let it impact your future.

Even if you get PG, the route u took was awful. No need to dump Moz right now, don't know why it's so hard for ppl to understand that.

AND there's a chance we don't get PG.

Idiots smh.

I don't like what we got back for DLo at all.
It really is sad to see us trade him so young for pennies on the dollar regardless of how indifferent we are on his future and stardom.

However, objectively speaking...I feel like having multiple coaching staffs and regimes--including someone as forward thinking and optimistic as Luke, as well Magic Johnson who 2 years ago thought DLo would be a super star...not believe in your abilities to become a leader and winner for the franchise...speaks volumes.

I mean can we at least all agree on that? If DLo was a winner and THAT guy, someone like Luke would of surely stood up for him and said nah he stays. But no one fought for him to stay. They've been dangling him trades for a while and unfortunately his value league wide was no where as high as DLo's ego was.

It's a shame we couldn't get more, it really is.
But if we was really a franchise player for us it's hard to believe Magic Luke and Rob would all give up on him so fast and easily.
Maybe I'm naive but it's just hard to believe Magic is as stupid as you guys think he is...

That was on the last regime, don't let it impact your future.

Even if you get PG, the route u took was awful. No need to dump Moz right now, don't know why it's so hard for ppl to understand that.

AND there's a chance we don't get PG.

Idiots smh.

:lol:

They had to move him ASAP. They were luck to find a taker now while getting Lopez's HUGE expiring $22 million contract. You seriously going to sit there and tell me the closer the Lakers got to the trade deadline next season another team would have stepped in to help them knowing that they wanted to clear cap space for next summer?

Also the Nets were in serious talks to trade Lopez to the Hawks for Dwight Howard.

Last edited:
:lol:

They had to move him ASAP. They were luck to find a taker now while getting Lopez's HUGE expiring $22 million contract. You seriously going to sit there and tell me the closer the Lakers got to the trade deadline next season another team would have stepped in to help them knowing that they wanted to clear cap space for next summer?

Also the Nets were in serious talks to trade Lopez to the Hawks for Dwight Howard.

They couldn't move him next summer when there was only two years left on that contract? I call ********. We still had room to sign PG to a max.

If that is the case then we expect to see the 2 or BI traded with deng to get out of that contract.

Last edited:
It really is sad to see us trade him so young for pennies on the dollar regardless of how indifferent we are on his future and stardom.

However, objectively speaking...I feel like having multiple coaching staffs and regimes--including someone as forward thinking and optimistic as Luke, as well Magic Johnson who 2 years ago thought DLo would be a super star...not believe in your abilities to become a leader and winner for the franchise...speaks volumes.

I mean can we at least all agree on that? If DLo was a winner and THAT guy, someone like Luke would of surely stood up for him and said nah he stays. But no one fought for him to stay. They've been dangling him trades for a while and unfortunately his value league wide was no where as high as DLo's ego was.

But if we was really a franchise player for us it's hard to believe Magic Luke and Rob would all give up on him so fast and easily.
Maybe I'm naive but it's just hard to believe Magic is as stupid as you guys think he is...

Exactly. Just trust those who are close to him.

Dlo was the first one to go from the young core and he was only worth an expiring contract and late first rounder, albeit with Moz.

Speaks volumes. If he was that great, he would be untouchable or he'd met a big return in a trade

Simple

Last edited:

Beggers can't be choosers when teams know the Lakers main objectives were to

1: Clear 1 of 2 bad contracts in Moz or Deng. The Lakers knew it was going to cost them one of their young current core players which was D'Lo.
2: GM's around the league know about D'Lo attitude and training & work out issues but still are willing to take a chance on him reasoning "maybe he just needs a change of scenery"

They couldn't move him next summer when there was only two years left on that contract? I call ********. We still had room to sign PG to a max.

If that is the case then we expect to see the 2 or BI traded with deng to get out of that contract.
Lakers are shooting to bring more than just PG in. This isn't that hard to understand. 

The Lakers wanted and got the chance to go after not 1 but 2 max player next summer. They wouldn't be able to do that as long as Deng & Moz were still on the team. The longer they waited the worst offers they would have gotten.

Last edited:
Just funny how Mamba been making all these jokes about Dlo being traded and I kept shooting him down. :lol: You got it fam.

Last edited:

Exactly got to read between the line word to whip

Back
Top Bottom