**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Is anyone else interested at taking Ivan Rabb at 28?
I know we got Zu already but low key i think Ivan might be a steal at 28 and most mocks have him available around then.

I like him but he's need to show he can stretch the floor a bit... he didn't take a lot of 3s last season.

We need a legit stretch 4 bad.

Last edited:
*Skip Bayless Take*

Jackson will make any team that doesn't select him regret it 3 years from now.

I watched the weaknesses and strengths videos of him on Draftexpress and all of his weaknesses are more fixable than most of the other prospects. His strengths outshine every other talent (except maybe Fultz' overall potential) in this draft.

I hope Magic and Luke don't fall for the Lonzo hype.

While I do like Josh Jackson, his ceiling is crazy but Lonzo ain't just hype. He's a great passer, he's athletic, he can shoot, he got some leadership. It's a perfect fit.

While I do like Josh Jackson, his ceiling is crazy but Lonzo ain't just hype. He's a great passer, he's athletic, he can shoot, he got some leadership. It's a perfect fit.

Lonzo is slow and plays mediocre defense. How you going to get torched for 40 in a college tournament.

Lonzo is slow and plays mediocre defense. How you going to get torched for 40 in a college tournament.

:lol: Dude is far from slow. If he's a mediocre defender at 19 we'll take that.

:lol: Dude is far from slow. If he's a mediocre defender at 19 we'll take that.

One of his biggest weaknesses is a slow first step. He isn't going to correct that. A back court of ball and Dlo is going to be far and away the worst defensive back court in the league. We are already at the bottom on the defensive end.

As much as I desperately want the BBB to invade Staples, I'm good if we get Fox, but I don't think Magic can pass on what he see as his protege.

I think lonzo will work here, it will just require reshuffling the team. Dlo and ball will work in the back court offensively, but as long as they are out there together defensively this team will never be a true contender because they will always be mediocre to bad on the defensive end.

I just think fox will make the defense better and has a higher ceiling.

*Skip Bayless Take*

Jackson will make any team that doesn't select him regret it 3 years from now.

I watched the weaknesses and strengths videos of him on Draftexpress and all of his weaknesses are more fixable than most of the other prospects. His strengths outshine every other talent (except maybe Fultz' overall potential) in this draft.

I hope Magic and Luke don't fall for the Lonzo hype.

:lol:

For you listening to Skip Bayless take.

You just as bad as whip when it comes to evaluating players :smh:

he could knock down 3's but boy has no mid range at all... which is very important in the nba when you come off picks... defenders will just sit on his left shoulder and force him right... he cant shoot going right cus of that ugly @$s shot... yes his shot works for him above the 3 point line but below it, its a whole different story.

he could knock down 3's but boy has no mid range at all... which is very important in the nba when you come off picks... defenders will just sit on his left shoulder and force him right... he cant shoot going right cus of that ugly @$s shot... yes his shot works for him above the 3 point line but below it, its a whole different story.
Don't think it's an inability to shoot mid range shots as much as Ball is so disciplined to not shoot them because they're the worst shot in basketball. Of course having that funky release doesn't help matters either.

Still don't think anything is inherently wrong with mid-range jumpers

If you can actually make them then yeah I agree

But most midrange jumpers are contested shots and jumpers are already low percentage shots to begin with

In Lonzo's case, his lack of a midrange is a direct reflection of the issues with his shooting technique I think

The main problem I have with drafting Josh Jackson is that he's a tweener. If they draft him he will take away important playing time away from both Ingram & D'Lo at the 2 & 3 positions. People on here need to stop saying "Oh we could slide BI over to the 4 and play Jackson at the 3 :rolleyes :smh:

The problem I have with drafting De'Aaron Fox is that dude is really more a left handed Rondo coming out of college. Comparing him to Wall or Westbrook :lol: :smh: because of his speed & athleticism is terrible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom