[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
BountifulLameFrillneckedlizard.gif

Like i've stated i'm probably the last Pau fan in this thread, I want the Lakers to sign him for cheap and have him go back to being one of the best 3rd options in the league.

Kobe + Another Star + Pau is a good core, put some young talent around them and maybe another up and coming star and I think this team can go places, that is asking a lot but its what I hope.

I have a soft spot for players who love wearing the Purple and Gold and Pau has gone out and said he loves being on the Lakers, I just hope we can pair him with a good team and coach to let him strive again.

/end of Pau love

Good loss for the pro tank people

You're letting past victories run tomorrow's vision.

Pau is atrocious on defense.

Kobe is bad on defense, but can play good defense down the stretch and when challenged.

Say we bring in Love. Bad defender, but can slightly cover it up by denying second chances.

So you have Kobe - Love - Pau. 3 bad defenders taking up 75% of the cap space.

They'll win some games, but they'll be barely over .500. They'll be a 7-8 seed, and get blown out by a team that executes offensively.

Has nothing to do with Mike D'Antoni on offense anymore, he just can't give you effort on both ends of the ball.

He has a 19.1 PER at PF, 19.9 PER at C. He gives up a 22.0 PER at PF, 19.8 PER at C. So at best, he is an even player. For all the production he gives on offense, he gives right back to the other team on defense.

The team actually performs just as well on offense (a mere .2 points less in 100 possessions) when he is off the court, and about 4 points better on defense when he off the court.

Even if you fed him the ball in the paint more (he only needs 1.5more shots to get to in the range he was), going by his current stats in the paint 55.36 FG%, it would result in .1 more baskets per game on average.

The reason Pau is done, has nothing to do with Mike D'Antoni's offense, and every thing to do with his lack of effort on defense making him a player who does not impact your team but a slight bit.

Hence, why he's better suited playing off the bench against less skilled players, to help maximize his offense, and downplay his defense.

Last edited:
Too bad the Knicks are prohibited from sign-and-trades.

That would be a prime destination for Pau.

Like i've stated i'm probably the last Pau fan in this thread, I want the Lakers to sign him for cheap and have him go back to being one of the best 3rd options in the league.

Kobe + Another Star + Pau is a good core, put some young talent around them and maybe another up and coming star and I think this team can go places, that is asking a lot but its what I hope.

I have a soft spot for players who love wearing the Purple and Gold and Pau has gone out and said he loves being on the Lakers, I just hope we can pair him with a good team and coach to let him strive again.

/end of Pau love

Kobe is bad on defense, but can play good defense down the stretch and when challenged.

Say we bring in Love. Bad defender, but can slightly cover it up by denying second chances.

They'll win some games, but they'll be barely over .500. They'll be a 7-8 seed, and get blown out by a team that executes offensively.

Has nothing to do with Mike D'Antoni on offense anymore, he just can't give you effort on both ends of the ball.

He has a 19.1 PER at PF, 19.9 PER at C. He gives up a 22.0 PER at PF, 19.8 PER at C. So at best, he is an even player. For all the production he gives on offense, he gives right back to the other team on defense.

The team actually performs just as well on offense (a mere .2 points less in 100 possessions) when he is off the court, and about 4 points better on defense when he off the court.

Even if you fed him the ball in the paint more (he only needs 1.5more shots to get to in the range he was), going by his current stats in the paint 55.36 FG%, it would result in .1 more baskets per game on average.

The reason Pau is done, has nothing to do with Mike D'Antoni's offense, and every thing to do with his lack of effort on defense making him a player who does not impact your team but a slight bit.

Hence, why he's better suited playing off the bench against less skilled players, to help maximize his offense, and downplay his defense.

:pimp:

A pretty good read about the Celtics, that applies to the Lakers as well:
Waiting for Next Year

The Boston Celtics are bad by design. They traded away a couple of their best players this offseason for Gerald Wallace and some draft picks. They were extra prudent in bringing Rajon Rondo back from a knee injury. Jared Sullinger is taking 12 shots per game. If you examine their box scores, a man named Chris Johnson, who may or may not actually exist, is getting a decent share of minutes at the small forward. You can call this tanking or rebuilding or a down year. Danny Ainge’s strategy doesn’t need to be extensively explained, because intentional bottoming out has been the dominant meme of this NBA season: The Celtics — along with a handful of other teams — were built to be awful so they have an opportunity to acquire an elite talent through the draft.

As much whinging as there has been on this topic — so much! — no one blames teams like Boston for realizing it’s difficult to compete for a title without significant starpower and using the NBA’s lottery system to try to acquire it on the cheap. Sam Hinkie was widely praised for demolishing the Sixers during last year’s draft. I argued before the season started that Milwaukee’s Herb Kohl and John Hammond were making a mistake trying to compete for the eighth seed in the East instead of going in the tank for Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker. (I think Bucks fans are generally happy Kohl’s plan backfired.) If you have no realistic championship hopes and are not a young team on the rise, informed basketball fans understand why you’re not trying to get marginally better in the trade and free agency markets.

But even if undermanning your roster on purpose is permissible, it does have obvious negative effects. Season-ticket holders fork over a considerable amount of money for the privilege of watching their team get consistently crushed. Coaches struggle to keep hold of the locker room. Young players stagnate. One needs only to look at the Cavs — who were actively trying to succeed this year but are now 10th in the East with an injured Kyrie Irving — to understand that the teardown stage of a rebuild can screw up your franchise to the point that shifting to win-now mode becomes more challenging than you initially anticipated.

The Celtics seem like they’re in a decent position to succeed in the not-so-distant future. This season has been dreadful, but it doesn’t appear they’re going to suffer through a three- or four-year slump. They still have Rondo, and everyone has nice things to say about Brad Stevens. There are rumors about Kevin Love coming to town this summer or the next. Co-owner Wyc Grousbeck says the team could make a big move or two in June. Their path back to prominence is clearer and more direct than, say, the one the Kings or Jazz are trying to forge.

But they’re having issues, just as every tanking franchise does. Rondo recently admitted that most of the Celtics are “playing for contracts” and probably won’t be in Boston next year, which makes it hard to perform as a functional basketball team. Stevens, even if he’s not overly concerned with winning games, is trying to lay some philosophical groundwork, and the fact that half his roster is trying to get paid this summer undermines that aim. The Celtics brought in Stevens in part because he’s an excellent communicator, but his sentiments probably don’t mean much to guys on their way to other NBA cities, who are more concerned with staying in the league than Stevens’ grand project.

Rondo’s trying to learn, for what feels like the fourth consecutive season, how to be a better leader, but he’s having difficulties because, as Doc Rivers puts it “You’re going to go in there and talk about, ‘Hey, let’s buy in as a team,’ and half of [your teammates] are going to say, ‘I’m not even going to be on this team.’” Even if Rondo is in the Celtics’ long-term plans — and who knows; there are trade rumors about him every six months — there’s not much for him to do during a year like this. He can develop a solid working relationship with Stevens and the handful of guys who are going to under contract next year, but his characteristically packed stat-lines are relatively meaningless when half the locker room has one foot out the door. There is no single cause around which he can rally his colleagues.

Seasons like the Celtics are having might be necessary, but that doesn’t make them less difficult for everyone involved. I watched most of the games the Cavs played during their three-year intentional suckfest, and by January each season, just wished I could fast-forward to the draft. I’m sure the players and coaching staff felt the same way, but they had to go on doing their jobs, not totally clear on what their objectives were. The thing about waiting for next year is you have to reckon with the one that’s still happening. Rondo, Celtics fans and Danny Ainge can’t hibernate until the team is good again. Every boring second of a rebuild must be endured, and while the overall experience might be a net positive for the franchise, the human beings involved emerge a little worse for wear.
http://therotation.sportsonearthblog.com/waiting-for-next-year/

Last edited:
If you have no realistic championship hopes and are not a young team on the rise, informed basketball fans understand why you’re not trying to get marginally better in the trade and free agency markets.

:wink:

I'm not averse to him coming off the bench. I just don't think he's going to accept that and I don't think he should. There are a lot of players that should come off the bench and there are a lot of players that should start that don't. You bring him in here for cheap play him the first 6 minutes of the first quarter get him out play him the last 6 minutes of the second quarter and like wise in the second half.

He's not great on defense, downright horrible, how much of it is due to injury or what not I don't know, probably not too much.

However, to say there is no value to him is ridiculous. At the right price he's the best option we can get, if he starts demanding copious amounts of money, fine let him go. I think he's smarter than that, I think he knows he needs the Lakers more than they need him and he should readjust his market value to that.

He and Kobe have been the team for the last 4 years or so, he is still at worst a 15 and 8 guy, at worst, there is a need for him, bring him back for relatively cheap and call it a day.

Like I said he wants to be here, I appreciate that he went out this year and played while everything else went to ****, he isn't what he used to be, but he still has something to give.

Yo, Simmons is getting on my nerves, dude is the most annoying commentator in the network
i like simmons but the dude is so biased when it comes to anything lakers. 

we get it, your a boston fan. but your job isnt to be a fan. him pluggin grantland is just as bad as his boston talk

Last edited:
I think what essential is essentially (lol) trying to say is for as much Pau contributes offensively he gives that right back defensively.

He pretty much cancels himself out to a average/below average big man
And if you put rebounding into the discussion he is down right atrocious

Like I said, same folks pissed off at D'Antoni about defense, then ask for Pau to be resigned. :lol:

#Smart

Who the **** asked for Pau to be resigned?

Stop making up stories.

I have stated, along most of the basketball world that MDA can't coach defense (which for some season you fight as if he's your uncle even though prior to him being our coach you would of acknowledged too).

I have also stated Pau is done, along with Ska.

Ska has said 1075 times he's done with Pau, as have I.

Where are you getting these conclusions from? I swear man. Are you really that bored?

Stop it.
The same guys complaining about _'Antoni (people like Ska and I) are NOT asking to resign Pau.

You really want me to spend hours looking up our posts constantly stating how badly were some with Gasoft? We've said it so many times I serious don't get where this is coming from.

I seriously question if it's your eyes that have trouble seeing or your memory that has trouble distinguishing the truth. :smh:

#FairyTales

Last edited:

/end of Pau love

Who the **** asked for Pau to be resigned?

Stop making up stories.

I have stated, along most of the basketball world that MDA can't coach defense (which for some season you fight as if he's your uncle even though prior to him being our coach you would of acknowledged too).

I have also stated Pau is done, along with Ska.

Ska has said 1075 times he's done with Pau, as have I.

Where are you getting these conclusions from? I swear man. Are you really that bored?

Stop it.
The same guys complaining about _'Antoni (people like Ska and I) are NOT asking to resign Pau.

I seriously question if it's your eyes that have trouble seeing or your memory that has trouble distinguishing the truth.
mean.gif

#FairyTales

I think what essential is essentially (lol) trying to say is for as much Pau contributes offensively he gives that right back defensively.

He pretty much cancels himself out to a average/below average big man
And if you put rebounding into the discussion he is down right atrocious
Pau ranks 22 in PER ( above avg, imo) ahead of ibaka, milsap, david lee, and noah. 

aside from iblaka and noah Pau is better defensively then milsap and lee. 

Team defense is alot worse than Pau's individual defense

Last edited:
If anything all anyone's said is they wouldn't mind if Pau comes back for CHEAP.

But we all know he's going to ask for too much. He isn't going to accept a cheap deal. So we don't want him for his asking price, AT ALL.

I mean, it's like four post up. :lol:

He said he'd love for him to come back for cheap.

Am I not reading that right?

CHEAP.

Who wouldn't want Pau if he took a 3 year/10 million dollar contract?

As soft as he is for 3.3 mill a year he wouldn't be value off the bench for inevitably the new coach we will have?

But for anything more than that who has said they'd want him resigned?

You guys are killin me.

No one has said they want to resign Pau for his upcoming asking price. No one

Last edited:
even if pau was willing to play for free, there is no reason to have him take up a spot that could be used to evaluate/develop someone who actually plays a role in our future plans

pau is not going to be part of our next championship run, whenever that may be

Dude might be my favorite player ever, but no I don't want him back.

And you were asking "Who the **** asked for Pau to be resigned?" when it was pretty clear mosk33toe posted that he did. Whether he was brought back cheap or not.

Hold on guys!
Why the hell are we arguing over a player nobody here wants?!

We are arguing just to argue at this point lol. I'm pretty sure it's a 100% concensus that no one in this thread wants Pau here. I'm pretty sure of it.

Man this season needs to be flushed already we are taring each other apart smh

Even if mosk said he'd wanna resign him for the 12 mill per year Pau will ask for. (Which he did not)

Why is that generalized for everyone whose anti MDA?

That's what bugs me.
CP said "folks" as if everyone whoSe anti MDA is in love with resigning Pau.

One guy said he'd love him back for CHEAP.
And that statement means everyone who wants MDA gone wants Pau back.

Such a leap man.
Address the one man making the statement, don't generalize those comments towards everyone who doesn't support the coach you love.

One fan states he wants him back for cheap, one fan.

As if it's not realistic for a few Laker fans in the world to want Pau back as ridiculous as it might be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom