LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

[h1]Back-to-back games are problematic[/h1]
Jackson says Lakers have to do better playing on consecutive nights in order to become a successful team.

By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
December 12, 2007
Phil Jackson doesn't want any more back-to-back panic attacks.

Cognizant that his team will play back-to-back games this week and next week, the Lakers coach took aim at two sad efforts in the second night of back-to-backs -- a 110-103 loss in Milwaukee on Nov. 21 and a 120-96 drubbing by Utah on Nov. 30 when the Jazz played without Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur.

Jackson has said in the past that successful teams find a way to conquer that dreaded part of the NBA schedule, a theme he revisited Tuesday.

The Lakers have played four back-to-back games this season, going 3-1 in the first game and 2-2 in the second game. They play San Antonio on Thursday at home and at Golden State on Friday. Next week, they play at Cleveland on Thursday and at Philadelphia on Friday.

"We have to be able to play back-to-backs, and play well," Jackson said. "A team that can do that is a valuable team. That's one of the successes I think of the Phoenix Suns over the years, is their ability to play back-to-back games and win both nights. We have to learn that a little bit as we grow up."

Kobe Bryant has been unwavering in his praise for Andrew Bynum this season. Others have noticed.

"I think Kobe has recognized the uniqueness of Andrew, what he can bring to the table for a basketball team, and knows that if we're going to win . . . he has a stopper like that," Jackson said. "And, also, the advantage of having a guy that size to do things at the basket -- screen-and-rolls become an issue for other teams to cover."

Said Bynum: "I heard about [the praise] and it's pretty cool for him to do that because I definitely am working."

Vladimir Radmanovic is back on Jackson's radar. Jackson referred to him last season as a "space cadet" and continued with a similar premise Tuesday.

Radmanovic is averaging 17.5 points the last two games, but Jackson apparently doesn't like his tendency to drift on the periphery instead of sometimes working for a better shot. Radmanovic could also take better care of the ball when it's in his possession.

"Well, 'My Favorite Martian' is back on," Jackson said. "He's become kind of a wild card in our system, how we play and how things go. It's just, he'll do something just erratic. He'll run a different route than everybody else runs. He's a very free thinker, and I think that happens because of it."

Luke Walton sat out practice Tuesday because of a sprained right ankle and Kwame Brown also sat out because of lingering soreness from a sprained left knee and ankle, decreasing the chances he'll be ready for the Lakers' next two games. Lamar Odom sat out because of mild soreness in his right knee. . . . Jackson, on Trevor Ariza adapting to the Lakers' offense: "He seems to know how to get the ball to Kobe if something's going wrong out there."

Nice!

Good news to hear that LO is doing better.

I can't wait to see him back in the line up and playing with the squad again.
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Since Kobe has kept his mouth shut, the media is lookin' for any Laker to ruin.
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TEAMLAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Originally Posted by tupac003

^ But they said he did not have ligament damage.

I am telling you I don't think he will be out 8 weeks. 6 weeks tops. He has the best medical staff and they will do everything they can for him.

We must put in phone calls to C. webb and PJ brown. PJ can back up kwame and I believe webber can play the 4 so lamar can run the 3 so we can still have those mismatches that he won't take advantage of because he will miss open lay up. I still can't believe he hurt bynum....damn odumb! TRADE HIM!

but the thing is this kid is only 20 no reason to rush it...he's the Future

I'm gonna blame the shorts for the loss, we were all happy talking about throwbacks...while the Big Ticket was firing up his squad....

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by CP1708

How much crow should we be eating because of Mitch? We all love to bash the dude, we blame him for a lot of stuff, but.......since he traded one of the greatest players of all time, that team did get their one ring, and their franchise has sunk into the abyss since. We had one really strange season in which the coach quit and then eventually so did the players, we almost pulled off a miracle in the first round the next season, had an unreal rash of injuries last year that really stunted our momentum and now we are looking real solid. *fingers crossed*.

He screwed up the Brown/Butler deal.
Overpaid for Vlad
Drafted Sasha - who is trying to get on our good side, but as of this second still belongs in the mistake department.
There are some moves he left out on the table, however many of them would have included moving Bynum. Smart move perhaps to stay put?

But,

Drafted Bynum, Farmar, Crittenton, Turiaf
Made a decent move with Ariza
Locked up Walton (slightly overpaid, but solid peice)
Really lucked out with Fisher, can't really give him credit there.
Got rid of Smush, and Cook.
We now have flexibility to trade or sign peices as we go along, we're not in too bad of shape.
We are extremely young and set to make a run for a couple of years with a little tweaking here and there.
Got Jackson back, and has locked him up for a couple years.

So after the intial hit from moving Shaq, we stumbled a bit, but now seem to be back on track, the only thing that can mess with that is the Kobe contract. If it weren't for his antics, we would have had a real quiet off season, but maybe he was the guy that motivated Bynum and Farmar and guys like that to really work on their game. Plus, look how much a difference Fish is over Smush. Totally changed the whole nature of the team.

I dunno, if Mitch stays doing ok, and with Jackson locked up and coaching, if we keep the Buss's quiet, we seem to have a semi stable front office again. If we manage to keep Kobe on good terms, and get thru the opt out or not issue that will be coming, we could really be set for another run. Dare I mention, Shaq was in his prime, Kobe was a 20 year old, they won a chip. Kobe is now in his prime, Bynum is a 20 year old. Maybe not this season, but if that kid keeps growing, and Kobe stays......this could be a lot of fun.

Will we give the credit to Mitch?

Not just yet.

Sasha and Kwame are still on the team.
devil.gif
laugh.gif

Andre Kirelinko :" Hey # 24 challenge this dunk " ..... SG #24 replied: " Are you kidding me ? I'll meet you at the top "

Squatted !!!!! Get out of here AK47. Kobe with block of the night :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

there's no way in hell the nuggets trade camby. he's too valuable to them on defense.

i wouldn't mind camby though lol.

They are going to have to do something with him...28 mil over the cap?

Is that what i think it is!??
eek.gif

Fellow laker fans, discussing the possibility of the CHIP coming back to Staples where it belongs?!?!?
eek.gif

Well all i have to say is...

...It's about damn time.
pimp.gif

Don't wanna jinx it, but we're lookin' good fellas...we're looking good.
smokin.gif

Did anybody else attend the Lakers morning practice? Here's a few pictures from the event.

D-Fish the first to practice working on his shooting.

Mitch Kupchak and Bill Bertka.

Ronny enters rocking the Kobe IIIs.

Haha Coby Karl looks so lost.

Andrew Bynum's crazy calves.

Kobe draws a raffle ticket from Stu Lantz. Winner received an authentic Fisher jersey.

Overall, a nice event. Got to see the players from seats that I could never ever afford.
laugh.gif
Other nice prizes they raffled off were Laker tickets, Odom authentic jersey,and the grand price was supposed to be a basketball autographed by Kobe. The event was about to end and Kobe decided to raffle off the shoes off his feet! Heautographed the left and right shoes. Some lucky dude near me won.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Trade Odom for Artest.

Let Sasha and Kwame walk...go after Elton Brand.

Fish
Kobe
Artest
Brand
Bynum

Looks decent to me.

yehh i Like ron-ron for odumb but u guys think the queens and the magoof brothers wiLL agree to that and brand in a Laker jersey wow!!!...but with cupcakeas our gm that aint gonna happen...if jerry west was back then its a possibiLity
pimp.gif

that article totally breaks it down perfectly.
i like the fact too that in 2 years we will still have bynum and farmar, and we are able to rebuild if we wanted to when kobe odom and kidd come off the books.
wishful thinking

well if Sasha is gone according to that rumor maybe they can look at signing
KOBE'S TWIN
act_laron_profit.jpg

the line-up that you've seen with all the players on one court not your dream line-up lol

Kobe fans (not Lakers fan) get on my nerves. I'm glad i'm an ex-Lakers fan.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom