LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

^Nets have Sean Williams, Jamaal Magloire, Jason Collins, Josh Boone and Nenad Krstic as big men. They aren't giving up krstic. I would take maglorie andboone because collins makes to much. Williams might work also but he is very young.

Question..Mihm hasn't played since the last denver game. Anybody know where he is at?

Edit- I just tired the trade in the trade machine and it doesn't work.

photos.tmz.com/galleries/lamar_odom_at_ritual...

1107_lo_17_full.jpg

www.dyyhardsvault.com Authentic Shoes/Caps/Jerseys/Shirts here.

Blog for new items/personal blog.

^ Did you put t in the 'SIGNATURE BODY' area or in the 'TEXT SIGNATURE' area?

Put it in the BODY area.
JapanAir- Dang it. I was freaking thinking about 60 minutes = 1 hour and said 60 blasted pennies = 1 dollar.

I went to public school.

Lets put the chip pictures away because in order to get to it we would have to deal with the c's or the pistons...

Rivalry that once was, not back just yet

December 31 2007

On a night dedicated to rivalry buzz, the main sound heard from the Lakers was a thud.

The fans were ready. They stacked Staples to the ceiling and the noise cascaded down as well as up. They cheered the sights and sounds on the scoreboard, shocking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in his seat with their huge applause.

They recognized Rick Fox, even with all that gray that's now sprinkled in with the curly black hair.

But the Boston Celtics did what the Boston Celtics have done all too often to the Lakers. They wrecked the show. If this is to be a rivalry again, like the old days of Wilt and Russell or Magic and Bird, then the Lakers have a long way to go to hold up their end.

Let's call this concept the rivalry in waiting.

Or the rivalry of the wishful thinkers.

The Lakers had won four in a row and were on an 10-2 roll in their 19-10 season start. The Celtics, who thumped them in Boston a month ago in the only other game the teams will play in the regular season, brought a 25-3 record into the game, a five-game winning streak and a 9-1 run in their last 10.

The Celtics are so good this season that it's scary, especially considering how bad they were last season (24-58).

But the Lakers' recent surge brought back those glimmers of title-contending hope, and a win against the Celtics, especially with Boston playing the second night of a back to back, seemed achievable. Instead, it turned into a demonstration of a Lakers team that is still not quite ready for prime time.

The Lakers hung close for as long as they could.

They played physical defense. Andrew Bynum fouled out; the Celtics' Kevin Garnett had to leave the game for a few minutes with a cut over his eye that made him look as if he had been in the ring with Evander Holyfield.

They created a mood for hot competition. The referees called five technical fouls on individuals in the first half alone.

Lakers Coach Phil Jackson called the tone of play "jagged."

Celtics Coach Doc Rivers called it "chippy."

That meant that some things never change. Lakers don't like Celtics a lot. Celtics feel the same about Lakers.

The pre-game planners even pitched in with an introduction ceremony that featured the good old days of L.A.-Boston, including pictures of Red Auerbach and his cigar. There was the famous Celtics-Lakers motto that asked the rhetorical question: Can you imagine it any other way?

Well, this season, yes. How about the Celtics and the Suns?

Rivers said he seldom watches pre-game ceremonies, but he couldn't much avoid this one because it was done on the huge curtains.

"It was right there, in my face," Rivers said. "I liked it. It gave everybody a good history lesson."

The final score was 110-91 and showtime in Staples was more show-off time for the Celtics.

The two teams have four gold-card players -- three are Celtics. Or, as an ESPN commercial has labeled them, the Boston Three Party.

Sunday night, the three gold cards were Celtics Ray Allen and Garnett and Laker Kobe Bryant. Paul Pierce, who first got the attention of the basketball world in the mid 1990s as a kid at Inglewood High who couldn't miss, was platinum.

Pierce, who just turned 30, had 33 points, made nine of 19 shots from the field (four three-pointers) and 11 of 13 from the free-throw line. He also had eight rebounds, three assists, four steals and probably drove the team bus back to the hotel.

Garnett had 22, on nine-for-13 shooting, and threw in 12 rebounds, six assists and three blocked shots.

Allen played only 28 minutes because of foul trouble and still had 19 points, 11 in the fourth quarter.

Kobe? He had 25 shots and 22 points and Jackson said afterward that he had had two recent stellar performances "and this wasn't a game we'd put down with those."

In the end, it turned out to be more a night of sartorial challenges. The Lakers, for reasons known only to their marketing people, came out in the old-time shorts, tight shorts, proving that, NBA players do, indeed, have thighs. Except for Trevor Ariza, who covered up with black spandex, yellow knee pads and long white socks.

Varicose veins, presumably.

The Celtics countered with Eddie House and Pierce in knee-high black leggings and Tony Allen with one leg of the same.

You wonder if Magic and Wilt and Kareem and Jerry West would have allowed the trivialization of a Lakers-Celtics game. You wonder if Magic or Wilt or Kareem or Jerry would have been trampled on the way the current Lakers were.

Actually, you don't wonder.

Celtics-Lakers is a rivalry for all seasons. Apparently, just not this one.

Bill Dwyre can be reached at bill.dwyre@latimes.com. To read previous columns by Dwyre, go to latimes.com/dwyre
As soon as the games ends I get a phone call from my dad who is a "boston fan". He told me we will never have a chance unless we getjason kidd so we can have a big 3. My question is does a move for kidd give us a real big 3? I don't think so because boston's big 3 is all all stars.With Kidd on board we have 2 all stars and a mid level star who makes dumb choices. We probably won't see our beloved odumb for the next game. So afterthis loss what moves need to made to get us to that next level or is it something we should just wait out?

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by thejrob

I know this is random but I have been a huge fan my whole life and this year I even have season tickets, but I have never figured out who this guy is.

He goes to every single game and sits on the floor. White guy, seems to know everybody, and always has a paper rolled up that he claps with. I know he must be rollin and that hes famous in some way.

If anyone knows thanks its been botherin me lately.

I've been wondering who the hell this guy is for quite some time now too. I remember seeing a video before the season started of fans talking about the Lakers and being a fan. Low and behold, that same fool with the rolled up paper is there. Smacking his hand with it.

Also, the old Asian lady with the big glasses.

yehh ive been wondering who they were...i wonder if they couLd hook me up with some tix!!!...hey ska...u know how u said instead of trading odom for j.owe shouLd go for artest...yehh i Like that but i dont think the queens and the magoof brothers wouLd agree to that

^ Go to the top of the page, and click on the 'Navigation' button.

When it drops down, you'll see 'EDIT SIGNATURE' next to your avatar over on the left.

I think you can get it from there.

Here is the Andrew Bynum post game interview after last night huge road win @ New Orleans:

Enjoy !

KCAL9 HD is tight ! Man I wish I had this channel down here in SD
ohwell.gif

If we are just giving up Kwame, Farmar and future picks for Kidd I'd be more than satisfied. All in all, our team is much better this year not only becauseof the standings and the reord but on how they win the games and who's contributing.

am i the only one that thinks kwame makes our team just a little bit more solid? i think he makes a difference on the defensive side and i think thats going tobe important in the post season someone who can be solid on defense and clog up the middle and put a body on the opposing team's star PF or C. when kwamewent out this season with the knee/ankle injury we had ronny playing a little back up C/PF and i felt he was getting those weak/cheapy fouls b/c of his size.

Reading about Mihm's inflammation makes me cringe.

Because Kwame's already out.

I swear, man, if we have another injury plagued season... I quit life.
laugh.gif

We should win our next 3 games. We NEED them. Like i said earlier...the stretch starting Jan. 17 up to about the last week of Feb. is brutal for us in terms ofquality of opponents and road games.
smh.gif
@ the schedule makers for that one. We will know where we stand after that stretch. With that said, barring anyinjuries, i am fully confident in the capability of this team to perform at a high level night in and night out. Health held us back last year...hopefully,lightning doesnt strike twice.

If J. Kidd deal happened I think it will make lamar better. All he has to do is cut to the basket. I just hope they can sign another big man because chris mhimis probably going to get hurt again and we can not have ronnie backing up drew.

The Lakers wiped the sleep from their eyes and then played another one of those disjointed games that makes everyone in purple and gold gnash their teeth. They won Sunday afternoon, but just barely. After giving away almost all of a 25-point lead during a second-half collapse, the Lakers needed a steal and a dunk from Jordan Farmar in the waning seconds to preserve a 95-90 victory over the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. LA Daily News

The Lakers' poor finish overshadowed a scoring milestone for Kobe Bryant, who became the youngest player in NBA history to reach 20,000 career points when he swished a 3-pointer early in the third quarter. "It's special to do it here," Bryant said. "The culture of basketball is here. It is the Mecca. It is special to do it in Madison Square Garden. It feels good. This is my favorite place to play." LA Daily News

The trade deadline is almost two months away, but Coach Phil Jackson doesn't see Kobe Bryant going anywhere, the strongest such statement by a Lakers official that their top player will still be theirs at season's end. "There just [aren't] any comparable situations," Jackson said. "It's like giving up a diamond for some garnets, whatever, I don't know." LA Times

Phil Jackson also chuckled at Bryant's revelation Saturday to reporters that the Knicks were one of the teams on his destination list during the off-season. "He was just being kind," Jackson said. "That wasn't a serious issue." LA Times

Down the road, however, Jackson acknowledged that Bryant could terminate his contract after next season, which would leave two years and $47.8 million on the table but would make him a free agent. "His contract has an option," Jackson said. "There's an actual situation that evolves for him." LA Times

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]Bryant finished with a team-leading 39 points on 14-for-28 shooting in 41 minutes. He also had 11 rebounds and eight assists, narrowly missing his first triple-double since April 7, 2005 against the Houston Rockets. LA Daily News

"It is special to do it here," Bryant said (about Madison Square Garden). "The culture of basketball here, it is the Mecca, it is special to play in Madison Square Garden. ... This is my favourite place to play." Chamberlain, who is fourth on the NBA's all-time scoring list with 31,419 points, holds the record for fewest games to 20,000, reaching the mark in 499 games. Toronto Star

A day after Bryant resurrected the trade speculation by naming, for the first time, his list of four preferred teams, he went about putting on a show at what he called his "favorite arena to play in." Sixty-two seconds into the third quarter, Bryant made one of his five three-pointers to become the youngest player in NBA history to score 20,000 points. He finished with 39 points, 11 rebounds, eight assists and the usual number of unanswered questions. NY Newsday

Where the Lakers are with Kobe is where the Lakers have been since he announced May 30 that he wants to be traded. It still isn't over. "Kobe wants to win another championship," Jackson said yesterday, "and whether we're ready to rise to that level or not isn't apparent right now." NY Newsday

As much as he professes his allegiance to the Lakers, Bryant never says he no longer wants to be traded. That's because he knows there will come a time when he has all the leverage. That day will come whenever he decides to officially proclaim his intention to opt out of his contract in 2009 and refuse all sign-and-trades between now and then. NY Newsday

But Phil can't say that. He can only say what is fact: that Bryant is contractually stuck in L.A. until the opt-out kicks in. "There's a natural situation that evolves for him," Jackson said. NY Newsday

It's not the end of the world fellow Lakers fans!!!
We went 10-4 in December.
We could have won the GSW game and the Cavs game,
We are playing great ball, one bad game in December doesn't mean a thing!
We still have a long way to go...

Originally Posted by goukiteg

lol @ you thinking you can super impose your will on NT by saying laker fans only.

that only puts blood in the water.

laugh.gif
exactly....and Zo can smell it.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

^ ^

Dennis what link you got where you can buy the 60th anniversary patches?

It was the one link the post Tupac provided in the page before. But FrenchBlue just confirmed that they're different patches. Might have to make a tripout to Staples.

Jonathon, are you trying to go to the Lakers/Cavs game on the 27th? Me and Bolt55 are trying to go and are looking for tickets right now.

Back
Top Bottom