LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

We do need Kidd but Farmar stays Odom can go unless he can get it together as a 3rd option consistantly. But for him to be a 3rd Bynum and Fish need toconsistantly contribute as 2nd options.

8 week...8 damn weeks!!

He is young so maybe sooner then that.

I believe he will be gone 4 weeks tops. Duncan only missed 5 games when he went down and his looked very nasty.

Lets hope and pray he will be back soon.

I still believe that we should put a call in to webber or pj brown.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

SoHi 23 wrote:
Also, next year's free agent class is amazing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=2008FreeAgents
Artest or Brand. Do it Mitch
laugh.gif
good luck trying to outbid Clipper management for E.B.
grin.gif

LOL. Yeah trust we know we ain't getting EB but we can dream

Odom has 2 years left in his contract (including this year)

Remember, there was a rumor that he said he wanted to retire after his contract is up.

So if that happens, that would leave us with Farmar as the only piece left that we got for the Shaq trade.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Artest has always been a nut since he was with the bulls. I see the Rodman Comparison but artest has just as many if not more on court problems as rodman did. Not to mention the guy shoots like he's kobe when he's nothing more than an above average offensive player. I would take him in a heartbeat for kwame and maybe vlad ot Crit, but if you have to add someone like Farmar, Odom, or D-fish I say keep his**$% in Sac town. He's really not as good as he's made out to be and could wind up being more of a problem than a solution.
Artest gets you 15-20 points a game and he stops their best defensive player.
I don't know about you, but I would LOVE this guy on my team

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

I know who you're talking about.

The dude with the headband.

Yeah, that guy has been wipin' the floor for forever. I wouldn't mind doing that job.

laugh.gif
Word.

Yeah that dude must have some rings, he probably gets mad coochie too
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

How much crow should we be eating because of Mitch? We all love to bash the dude, we blame him for a lot of stuff, but.......since he traded one of the greatest players of all time, that team did get their one ring, and their franchise has sunk into the abyss since. We had one really strange season in which the coach quit and then eventually so did the players, we almost pulled off a miracle in the first round the next season, had an unreal rash of injuries last year that really stunted our momentum and now we are looking real solid. *fingers crossed*.

He screwed up the Brown/Butler deal.
Overpaid for Vlad
Drafted Sasha - who is trying to get on our good side, but as of this second still belongs in the mistake department.
There are some moves he left out on the table, however many of them would have included moving Bynum. Smart move perhaps to stay put?

But,

Drafted Bynum, Farmar, Crittenton, Turiaf
Made a decent move with Ariza
Locked up Walton (slightly overpaid, but solid peice)
Really lucked out with Fisher, can't really give him credit there.
Got rid of Smush, and Cook.
We now have flexibility to trade or sign peices as we go along, we're not in too bad of shape.
We are extremely young and set to make a run for a couple of years with a little tweaking here and there.
Got Jackson back, and has locked him up for a couple years.

So after the intial hit from moving Shaq, we stumbled a bit, but now seem to be back on track, the only thing that can mess with that is the Kobe contract. If it weren't for his antics, we would have had a real quiet off season, but maybe he was the guy that motivated Bynum and Farmar and guys like that to really work on their game. Plus, look how much a difference Fish is over Smush. Totally changed the whole nature of the team.

I dunno, if Mitch stays doing ok, and with Jackson locked up and coaching, if we keep the Buss's quiet, we seem to have a semi stable front office again. If we manage to keep Kobe on good terms, and get thru the opt out or not issue that will be coming, we could really be set for another run. Dare I mention, Shaq was in his prime, Kobe was a 20 year old, they won a chip. Kobe is now in his prime, Bynum is a 20 year old. Maybe not this season, but if that kid keeps growing, and Kobe stays......this could be a lot of fun.

Will we give the credit to Mitch?

Not just yet.

Sasha and Kwame are still on the team.
devil.gif

i didnt watch the game today because it was too early
laugh.gif

but i checked the boxscore and it appears that lamar had one of those subpar games again.
i also noticed that they started him at sf.

what do you guys think his problem is?
do you think the lakes should keep him at pf.
it seems as if thats the position he has the most production from.
(see his december stats where he starts at pf with walton at sf and those big games where vlad would rack up early fouls)

or is it because kobe had a good game and lamar regressed and went into passive mode?

im curious to what you guys think.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

This thread is giving me a headache How are the lakers going to sign any max players if even without kwame, mihm, or sasha we are still over the salary cap.
Yep. With kwame coming off the books we would only be 2 mil under the cap. Its odom's contract thats killing us.

If anybody needs or wants tickets for the spurs game PM me. I have 2 and I can't go. Very cheap. Below face value.

Originally Posted by tupac003

09 is going to be crazy. Kobe may walk and we have to pay bynum. I wonder how much it will take to keep him?
I still don't think Kobe is going to walk, but I don't personally know him so...
Anyways, Bynum should get an extension after this year. I think he'll make anywhere from 10-15 mil.

^ I didn't get the pro cut I got the swingman. That's all I saw there but when I saw a 4xl I had to scoop it because I was told that they didn'tmake them. I just wonder if they make the shooting jacket in a 4xl.

Lakers fans...

I know I wanted a J. Kidd deal....now I am thinking this roster is pretty good. We could trade kwame because we have been doing well without him but i do knowthat if a J. Kidd deal did happen it can not include farmar. Give them crit but famar must stay.

Artest has always been a nut since he was with the bulls. I see the Rodman Comparison but artest has just as many if not more on court problems as rodman did.Not to mention the guy shoots like he's kobe when he's nothing more than an above average offensive player. I would take him in a heartbeat for kwameand maybe vlad ot Crit, but if you have to add someone like Farmar, Odom, or D-fish I say keep his**$% in Sac town. He's really not as good as he'smade out to be and could wind up being more of a problem than a solution.

I'm all for Odom for Artest, but the thought of Odom in a Kings jersey just sounds
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Kobe and Artest on the same team? Damn... no one would score on those two
laugh.gif

Instead of getting Brand, how would you guys like Matrix? I know, I know the whole Phoenix/LAL thing, but Matrix doesn't seem too happy in Phoenix, butdamn Matrix/Artest/Kobe is a great little package. I'd also go after Jose Calderon in the offseason, great PG.

And why not get back at the Wizards and sign Jamison? I'd hop onto the Lakers bandwagon if I saw Jamison in a LAL uni. (Not really, but it would be nice)
pimp.gif

Next offseason should be fun for the Lakers.

I don't get it.
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

8 weeks? For a dislocated kneecap?

That doesn't seem right.

That being said, I expect to be play about .700 ball while he's out, and still be fine for at LEAST a second round meeting with someone.
knightngale:
ska, how did you tear your ligament the second time? how much does it hurt?
I think you might have the idea that I tore the same knee a second time. Nah, I tore my left one playing football, and then the right playingbasketball. How the second one happened? It was kind of a freak thing. I was defending a 3-pt shot, and dude Reggie Millered me. When we landed... when all 4of our feet hit the floor, my knee popped backwards, and everyone in the gym heard it (like I said earlier, it was kind of a vacant gym, and really small).

I don't know if they have it out for LO, but he was just celebrating his birthday.
...Ima enjoy life from birth, to the nail in the coffin
Cus I'm only human i fear bein pale, stiff, and rottin...

Back
Top Bottom