LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

wgn%20jul6%2007%20smush%20parker.JPG
with wins liketonight, really helps to heal the wounds from recent years

Originally Posted by LA Laker Devotee

Is it me or is Kobe getting shut down a lot recently?
Partly due to injuries, but like last night he just hasn't had it and really there hasn't been much of a need for him to take over games. Ithink he needs to have 1 established job and position instead of nightly changes.

Until it happens, I'm not going to put my hopes and dreams on Kidd coming to LA.

Doubt any deal will get done that brings Kidd to the Purple & Gold.

Originally Posted by mco85

I got a question for all the laker fans (im a laker fan too). Why would you even want kidd right now? If they get kidd, Farmar who has been playing lights out is a third string pg. Kidd cant shoot and I dont really see how he would fit into the triangle. Don't get me wrong I think Kidd is a great player but I dont really think he fits into the system (even though the lakers seem to be plaing in the triangle less this year)

trust us, we know how valuable the PG position is...and we damn miss showtime.

Wait, who said Bynum is ahead of Shaq at his age?

Shaq was dominant... no, DOMINANT... D.O.M.I.N.A.N.T. at Bynum's age. What's Bynum? Just turned 20? Shaq was schooling the pants off people at LSU when he had just turned 20, and in a few months, he would be getting ready to become the #1 overall draft pick by the Magic, where he would come in and start ripping down entire structures (ask Derrick Coleman or Charles Barkley how it looked from close-up).

Like goldenarmz said, Bynum's cool and all, and I like what I'm seeing from the young fella, but let's not get carried away.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

�I HATE YOU
sick.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

btw what in the world was robert horry doing way the hell out there anyways?
laugh.gif

Norm Pattiz, founder Westwood One radio network

Westwood One, Inc. (NYSE: WON) is the largest radio network in the United States based on programming quantity. It is based in the city of New York, and it is managed by CBS Radio, the radio arm of CBS Corporation.

There we go, that's the guy with the rolled up newspaper, so yeah he is filthy rich.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Damn, the hate for Odom came out of nowhere. All this "Odumb" nonsense is really unnecessary.
I like lamar. I am just sick and tired of him being in and out of games. He wow's us one game and then the next 3 games he scores 8 and gets 4rebounds. It has to stop. He is talking all of this all star mess and he isn't going to come close with games like that.

Originally Posted by Coretraining85

Nice jersey! Whats the retail on this and do they have Bynum?
Retail on the jerseys are 75 to 85 depending on the siz eand of course they don't have a bynum but if he keeps playing this way we should beseeing his jerseys real soon. I am going to get one custom done on nba.com.

French did you just have a taylor shop sew that on? I was thinking about doing that because I thought the patch would cover that logo. Good job man. Now I justhave to pick up the rest of the throwbacks. I am shocked that the other players aren't at the team la store.

One more question does anybody have that picture of lamar with his back to the camera and he has that laker jacket on that has all the championship banners?Thanks

Here's what some of the NY press thinks of Jack Bauer.

Quote:
For the first time in history, two opening-day NBA rosters contained players named "Big Baby."

There's Boston rookie Glen "Big Baby'' Davis.

Then there's the Lakers' resident complainer, Kobe "Big Baby" Bryant.

You could hear the crying all the way from L.A. this past week when Bryant didn't get his way. As much as a he tried to force a deal to the Bulls, the Lakers wouldn't accommodate Kobe.

Although trade talks with Chicago are currently dead, Bryant will continue to want out because the Lakers have failed to add a superstar who will help him get out of the first round of the playoffs. He will continue to think they're not trying their hardest, which is an absurd concept. Traditionally, the Lakers' front office has done the best job of anyone when it comes to keeping its team in championship contention, and keeping its loyal fan base packing its arena.

Those die-hard Kobe fans turned on Bryant for the first time ever when he was booed during player introductions for the home opener against Houston. The boos continued when he touched the ball for the first time.

"It just felt good to hear them come back around later in the game," Bryant said. "That's the most important thing. They know. A smart fan can kind of read between the lines and can kind of decide for themselves what's really going on.''

Here's what's going on. Chicago had to suspend trade talks because it wasn't going to give the Lakers Luol Deng and it had become obvious that the "Kobe Trade Talks" were going to be a daily distraction for Scott Skiles' team.That's the last thing Bulls GM John Paxson wants.

Also, the Lakers are not giving up Bryant unless they get some star power in return. So he might very well play the entire season in L.A., then exercise his opt-out clause and become free on July 1. In that case, team owner Jerry Buss has already stated that the Lakers would try to do a sign-and-trade for a package of equal value. They'll almost definitely have to settle for something less, but the fact that they're open to a deal shows just how tired they are of catering to their immature superstar.

But the Lakers are not giving away Bryant just so he can have his way. They've been giving him everything he wants - on and off the court - for years. But they are still recovering from trading Shaquille O'Neal three years ago. Although they got Caron Butler and Lamar Odom as part of the deal, it still wasn't enough. Bryant is only 29 and still in the prime of his career, compared to Shaq being an old, banged-up 32 when he was sent to Miami. If they deal Bryant, they've got to hit a homer.

Of course now, with "Big Baby" looking to exit L.A., it's obvious where this all went wrong.

"If Kobe would have been smart, he would have mended those fences with Shaquille, let Shaquille be The Man' and we wouldn't be in this position," Magic Johnson said last week. "Now, after four years later, he understands that he can't do it by himself. Now he's blaming the organization, and some of that blame should be on him and some on the organization."

"Big Baby," er, Kobe will never blame himself. Babies never do.
Kobe Bryant trying to whine his way out of L.A.Out

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by tupac003

For all the laker fans that like these 87-88 throwbacks, I went to my pro image and they do make these up to a 4xl. I got the kobe in a 4xl but to my surpise they also have magic johnson, james worthy, cooper, and the one I want most byron scott. Check your jersey shops.

Tupac... are the jerseys made by adidas too?

What pro image did you go to? I think I have one by my job.

All adidas
mad.gif
. I went to the pro image in arcadia mall. Very good inventory of jerseys there.

Eh, no biggie, I can always cover up the adidas logo or remove it.

This is what I have done to my swingman jerseys so far this year (Lakers 60th Patch).....

Thanks for the info though, I'll call them up and see if they have a location closer to me.

I think Lamar's assists are down because he isn't the ball-handler any more. Last season Phil didn't want Smush to bring the ball up (for goodreason) so he depended on Kobe and Lamar to do that. Now that Fisher is back, he and Kobe bring the ball up which leaves Lamar in the corner or on the block.

His scoring is down because we have so many more options now on offense. Fisher, Bynum, Farmar, and Radmanovic are all improvements from last season and theseare guys we can depend on to score. It allows more balanced scoring.

If you look at it that way, it's understandable why Lamar's stats are down.

Originally Posted by The Kobe Show

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Frenchblue, did you remove the original adidas logo first then repatch it with the 60th Ann. patch or did you just patch it over? b/c don't you need to iron patches on usually?
Nah, it would have taken me a while, I just ironed it over. Just have to get the placement right leveled to the NBA logo.

Tupac, the patch they sell on that link is not the same patch that the players wear.

(The first one is the one the Lakers wear, and the second one is not)

(It's minor, but it's better than you know
smile.gif
)

Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to make a trip to the staples center team la store or maybe the one in universal.

It might be cheaper to get it from the guy I got it from... I PM'ed you the ebay link.

It will save you the gas and parking fees to get it through ebay
tongue.gif

Tupac, I thought at first that the patch wasn't big enough to cover the adidas logo completely, but it came out great.

And yeah, I don't know why the rest of the throwbacks aren't at the Team LA store, I need those to add to my collection...

Also, here's the pic that you asked for....

732hu2t.jpg

Quote:
Actually, Bynum comes off the bench.
ing....maybe I'm tripping.

If he continues to be aggressive AND players start to gain confidence in his game (which will lead to players other than Famar looking for him in the post) he'll be alright.
DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

Awesome Ariza is a nice addition. He dunked on Kobe at one of his camps then Kobe ya know after that did what he had to do.

Man i hope he recovers fully. This is really to bad for LA even they are not my team i do like watching them. They will miss him greatly, its time for Kwame tostep up

Quote:
My only thing with Bynum is that he's showing flashes early in the season. He did this too early last season and then completely fell off.
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Um, I wanted to know this for sometime, I dont know why. Everytime I watch a Lakers game there is a short, white, bald scrub that is like I guess the"towel boy" for opposing teams. Reason why I ask is because seems like he's been there forever since I can remember in those Lakers vs Kingsplayoff series in early 2000's. So I ask, who is he?

Best season thread intro ever (o.k., tied with KLJ's).

Thanks for helping make it clear. :smile:
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Back
Top Bottom