LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Lakers got a great steal with Ariza. Dude boosted our defense and hustle on the board. To me he's the reason we won by 10+ points over the past fews games.

2 more days
devil.gif

Seattle brings back a former fan favorite in Radmanovic.
Get's a streaky shooter in Sasha, and a starting Center in Kwame.

We get a veteran in Thomas who can hit that mid-range jumper, and who can start at the PF.
We get Wilcox who can also start at the PF position, and is versitale at C or PF, best of all, No Butterfingers.

Win Win situation
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

i shake my head in disgust every time radmanovic is in the game...he is useless when he is not hitting shots.

Space Cadet > Sasha
For all the laker fans that like these 87-88 throwbacks, I went to my pro image and they do make these up to a 4xl. I got the kobe in a 4xl but to my surpise they also have magic johnson, james worthy, cooper, and the one I want most byron scott. Check your jersey shops.

If that's the case, I definitely need to cop a Magic, Big Game James, and Byron.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Here is the Andrew Bynum post game interview after last night huge road win @ New Orleans:

Enjoy !

KCAL9 HD is tight ! Man I wish I had this channel down here in SD
ohwell.gif

Holy crap, that video is sick! I need me an HDTV, asap!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

^^ Thanks for the article. At least we have stability there, now we need to get a key free agent next year, and hope that Mr. Buss opens up that wallet and brings in Gilbert Arenas
pimp.gif

Mr. Buss would REALLY have to open up that wallet because we'd be paying a lot for the luxury tax.

I have gotten to the point....(can't believe I am saying this but) keep the team the way it is unless they are trying to give kidd away. His contract iscrazy. Can kidd opt out of his contract at the end of the year?

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

I just love to watch the hustle, you can feel the good competition and chemistry growing on the team as the season progress. I just love it watching the young guys getting at themselves for miss free throws and miss 3's, a sign that they want to be the best.

I'm starting to think Lakers-Sasha-Vlad= Blowouts

When you don't have those 2 defensive liabilities, then you are always in good shape. They really need to go.

if we get rid of sasha, i guess that means we'll have critt as the SG off the bench
pimp.gif

Link
Phil Jackson: Bynum's Improvement Motivated By Money

January 10, 2008 - 11:46 am
Bynum_Andrew_lal.jpg
Press Enterprise -
To Phil Jackson, it really is pretty simple why Andrew Bynum has been driven to succeed this season.

"My guess is contract," Jackson deadpanned. "Dollars are green. The idea is that, 'Hey, it's coming up. I've got to get something that's contractual here. This process is real short.' "

Bynum is making $2.1 million this season, and the Lakers picked up his option for $2.7 million next season.

But the big money could come this summer, when Bynum can sign a maximum contract for up to $75 million. That would keep Bynum in the fold for five more seasons.

Jackson talked about a promise Bynum made to the Lakers when he was drafted during the summer of 2005.

"Even though he was 17 years old and inexperienced, he was going to work as hard as he could with this process and he was going to commit himself to it," Jackson said.

grin.gif

09 is going to be crazy. Kobe may walk and we have to pay bynum. I wonder how much it will take to keep him?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I gotta admit, he's even got better seats than Jack. And you know Jack is the man when it comes to the Lakers.
Seriously, he does.

I mean being able to give the Lakers a high five from your seat
pimp.gif

Just makes you want to take out a mortgage just for that
laugh.gif
j/p

But Jack is still the man.

I ain't going to lie man, before they put me 6 feet under, I at least have to experience one Laker game watching from the floor.
Sasha isn't that bad, is he?
frown.gif

He really is that bad. But then again, I'm Sasha's public enemy #1.
laugh.gif

Man, I had the old sig for quite sometime. 05 I think?

Needed to update it. Thanks for the code FrenchBlue! :D
happy.gif
.:Flowsomuch:.
TEAM LAKERS
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

^ False.

It's a smart move still.

I would trade anyone on our roster except Lamar and Kobe for Kidd.

And even with Lamar, if they wanted Kidd for Lamar + 1 other bench Laker (except Farmar), I'd do it.

Kidd changes lineups. He's an excellent defender, rebounder, and more importantly, decision maker.

I'd hate to see Farmar leave after he's shown so much improvement, but you can't refuse an offer like that.

You were joking saying should we resign Kwame.....get him as far away from this team as possible.

I don't really see any free agents that would make us immediate contenders, a combo of 2 FA will help...

Gilbert + Okafor
JO + Artest
BDiddy + JO

We need to do something....

I want to say the Mitch is settin the team up to go after a big free agent, the Ariza trade free'd up a lot of cap room, also with Kwame's undeserving$10 million coming off, we should be able to sign somebody......

But I have zero faith that mitch would make the right decision in his signing.... he has shown he will sign just anybody, with total disregard to building achampionship calibur squad........ knowing Mitch he would sing Patrick Obryant, and Monta Ellis and say he's happy with the team

Smh

When I was growing up, my favorite Lakers line-up of all time has to be Eddie Jones, Shaq, Nick van Exel, Rix Fox, Horry, and Kobe as the 6th man. Kobe withthose crazy fast break dunks.
pimp.gif
Even though they didn't win achampionship, i think it was the most enjoyable line-up.

Question for Laker fans, with the way the Lakers are playing right now do you think that Vlad will get back in the rotation when he is completely healthy? IMOAriza has earned Vlads spot and I would start Ariza, bring Walton off the bench and Vlad wouldn't get on the court.

Back
Top Bottom