LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Brian Cook has some bad efficiency stats for a 2-1 Laker team that has wins over Utah and Phoenix. He's a +0.67. He was a -10 in only a shade under 9 minutes vs the Rockets. That's terrible. If you remember Yao's spin to the baseline and then a dunk over the top of Cook, that play pretty much summarizes what Brian Cook can do for you against a quality big.

Cook must not have been guarding Boozer last night. I didn't see the game though. He's only getting sub 10 minutes per.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@ the Sasha Vujacic hate

Kid is a good player. Just needs a little more support is all.

I would definitely go after Emeka if he were out there. Now, don't bash me for this one, but I could see a player like Diop prospering in LA, why? becauseLAL has no really good rebounders, and that's all Diop does, he gobbles up boards, and he can block shots, he's an upgrade over Kwame and wouldprobably cost half of what Kwame does. I still don't see why you guys would want Mr. Injury Prone JO, he's good yes, but his inconsistant playing is
sick.gif
. It's just there aren't many good centers left in the L, maybe if you could pry Haywood away from the Wizards, but I doubt it since they have a lackof C's there... Alonzo Mourning is a possibliity, he's still in shape, but will he retire? Not sure. I think Darko would have fit nicely with theLakers, but didn't happen. Another player could be a Joel Pryzbilla type player, sorta like Diop-lite, and with Oden next year, they woudln't need Joelso you could probably get him cheap.

See IF a trade for Kidd ever happens...and i emphasize IF, we gotta remember that Kidd is no small-ish PG.

Kidd is 6'4" and about 210ish...which makes him very flexible on both ends. Kidd's size and strength makes him able to guard both the PG or SG andsometimes even some SF's. So even if you pair him up with Farmar or Fisher in the backcourt, i don't think we'd suffer on the defensive end.Fish/Farmar can D up the point and Kidd can go with the SG. Furthermore, Fish's and Farmar's shooting and headiness will greatly compliment Kidd'sabilities (i.e. vision and passing) and shadow his deficiencies (i.e. shooting).

Also, i can't imagine how many alley's bynum will get, wideopen looks radman will have, backdoor cuts etc. with Kidd orchestrating....

*snaps back to reality....

^ That interview was classic. I was mad for him. The offciating was horrible for that game. I don't think shaq got suspended but he did lose a bunch ofcash over that.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

NO NEWS YET OF BYNUM?

15 minutes until the Loose Cannons show comes on, then we will know.

I will post all info I hear, for those who can't tune in to the show...

HEY do you know if the Listen Live on the 570 site is really live.. i dont feel like going to the car just to listen to the whole show waiting for them to say something about bynum...
If my memory serves me correctly, they are only off by a 20 or 30 second delay.

EDIT: 20 - 25 second delay is more like it, I just checked to confirm.

Quote:
Oh, I definitely wouldn't move Bynum for Jermaine. No way. I wasn't saying before that Bynum is terrible; I was just saying that the statement that he's better than Shaq was at his age is ridiculous. I like Bynum. I think the Lakers front office is hyping him too much (no Kidd deal last year because the Nets wanted Bynum?!), but I do like the kid.

I think he could be a solid contributor, but I think the Lakers FO thinks he could be a perennial All Star, and I just don't see it.
FrenchBlue23 :
It took O'neal 4-5 years to blossom into the all-star he is now, we are now just seeing Bynum break out of his shell.

If your remember, O'neal held the title of youngest player to play in an NBA game, a title that has since been broken by ummm Andrew Bynum.

I didn't see all-star potential in O'Neal, I thought he was a bum just riding the bench with the Blazers...

As long as Bynum keeps his ears open and learn from one of the best coaches in NBA history, and absorb all what Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has been preaching, he will be very good center for the next 10 years.

Nah, good point.

But I want to comment on this real quick:
FrenchBlue23 :
If your remember, O'neal held the title of youngest player to play in an NBA game, a title that has since been broken by ummm Andrew Bynum.
Youth stats mean nothing. See, 'the quickest player to score 1,000 points' means something, because anyonebreaking that record could be any age. You could come into the league at 38 years old, blow up, and be the quickest to 1,000, and that would mean something.

But 'the youngest player to 1,000' means nothing. All it means is you came into the league earlier, and you scored points. You could come into the league at 17, ride the pine, get like 250 points that season, ride the pine the next season at 18, get like 250 for the season, then have a fairly decent start the next season, at 19, where you get 500 points before Christmas. Then, bam... you're the youngest player to 1,000, and it's not necessarily because you're better than everyone before you, or that you're better than everyone before you at your age. It's just that you came in quicker, which ITSELF means very little. I mean, it's something to brag about, but it's nothing of real substance. I guarantee GMs don't sit around and go, "C'mon, you know you want this guy. He's the youngest guy in the history of the NBA to get a triple double! You know you want that!"

Youth stats are too often thrown around like they actually mean something important, relevant, and they don't. "But ska, if you're the youngest to play in the NBA ever, then you're going to be around longer." Not actually. It's not like everyone can play 'till they're 40, and some dude that comes in at 18 is going to have 22 years in the league.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Most of you dudes already know that I can't stand Jack Bauer.

But this is such a dope pic, I figured someone could use it for an avy.

Or just appreciate the photography. No PS either. It's an actual un-doctored picture.

My bad if already posted.

7533e3e4af11350c0b5e48da9ef9cd27-getty-76075437_bb140_bos_lal.jpg

I included the Getty/NBA watermarked version for proof.

78077241.jpg

TERRIBLE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST REPORTED ALSO ON AM 570.

Agent: Bynum to miss 8 weeks with knee injury
ESPN.com

Updated: January 14, 2008, 4:02 PM ET

Andrew Bynum, a key factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' 25-11 start to the season, will miss eight weeks with what his agent says is a subluxation of his left kneecap.

David Lee told ESPN The Magazine's Sam Alipour that Bynum will not need surgery. Bynum, who had an MRI on Monday, will begin rehabiliation immediately, Lee said.

"He's already focusing on his rehab," Lee said Monday.

Bynum injured his knee early in the third quarter of Sunday night's 100-99 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies. A subluxation occurs when the kneecap is pulled toward the outside of the knee.

"It was pretty scary because it felt like my knee twisted all around. Luckily I'm all right," Bynum, who was wearing a heavy brace after the game, told The Los Angeles Times.

"I didn't hear any pops. I'm able to put weight on it and it doesn't really hurt. Just when I bend it, it hurts."

Sam Alipour is a contributing writer to ESPN The Magazine.

---Basically, he partially dislocated his left knee cap.
tired.gif

grin.gif
mad.gif

Even with the MULTITUDE of injuries last year, we made the playoffs.

With a healthy squad this year, we should be able to do that again. We've proven so far into this very young season that we have a very potent offense anda ridiculous bench. If both of those keep up, there's no good reason why we shouldn't be in.

The good thing is that once Coby, Sasha, Kwame and Mo go. The Lakers will have about $10,000.00 salary relief. The 2008 Laker Salary will be down to about $55,000.00. Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas and Matrix all sound good.
Kobe is not Leaving!!

In a better situation, I would love to keep Odom...

But unfortunately, that's not the case right now, we need to make a change, he's not working out, so he has to go.

With that said, in the business of the NBA, winning is all that matters, and Chris Mihm may not be a Laker much longer. If the Lakers can land All-Star point guard Jason Kidd, who reportedly wants out of New Jersey, Mihm would likely to be packaged in a deal including Kwame Brown and shooting guard Sasha Vujacic. Sometimes a change a scenery can be the perfect tonic for a career. Mihm will adapt if he is traded or becomes a free agent. He's not glitter and glamour, so he can live without the Hollywood lights. Cox/Oxford Press

If they make a move like that I hope they have a back up big man they can get also because that would leave us very thin on the front line. But ifyou bring in kidd I think that helps lamar out. There wouldn't be much pressure on him plus he would get a bunch of dimes from j kidd for easy scores anddunks...kinda like marion in phx.

I'd keep Kwame for the right price.

That said if we can get some help with his $9'000'000 coming off the books then I believe we should trade him. Hopefully for a decent 2 way forward butI doubt that happens. I believe Kwame will resign for $6'000'000.

^ Seriously? You think we should wait Kwame out?

He's been in the league long enough for us (or any team) to know the type of player he is.

And he's the type of player that can play decent (but not great) post defense, can grab a few (but not a on of) rebounds, has brick hands, and (and this isthe most important part) lacks VERY little motivation to improve.

Heck, Bynum improved more this offseason than Kwame has his ENTIRE time in the league.

It's time to ship that dude out. Yesterday. No, I'm not against keeping him as bad as I was with Smush, but t's getting there. I have very littlepatience for UNMOTIVATED MILLIONAIRE ATHLETES, and that's what Kwame is.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by tupac003

For all the laker fans that like these 87-88 throwbacks, I went to my pro image and they do make these up to a 4xl. I got the kobe in a 4xl but to my surpise they also have magic johnson, james worthy, cooper, and the one I want most byron scott. Check your jersey shops.

Tupac... are the jerseys made by adidas too?

What pro image did you go to? I think I have one by my job.

All adidas
mad.gif
. I went to the pro image in arcadia mall. Very good inventory of jerseys there.

Eh, no biggie, I can always cover up the adidas logo or remove it.

This is what I have done to my swingman jerseys so far this year (Lakers 60th Patch).....

Thanks for the info though, I'll call them up and see if they have a location closer to me.
Wow, Good job bro
Where did you get the 60th anniv. patches at?

They sell them @ the Team LA store inside of Staples Center.The store is also open on normal days when the Lakers arent playing home games.

Back
Top Bottom