Larry Miller Returns As President Of Jordan Brand

Care to explain your statement...back it up with facts from a business perspective?

And...not just your jaded "sneakerhead" view?

JM

What needs to be explained? We as a community have a bad taste in our mouths for years. We have a really bad image of JB as a whole, and in a sense feel like we are forced to buy an inferior product as ridiculous as that sound. Either crap or nothing.

Otherwise to the casual customer, things are just peaches. But then again, they wouldn't know who tinker hatfield, larry miller, or gentry are, and don't care.
So this news is not for them.

I think the quality of the shoes this past 11-12 have been good better than quality from 03-06 and i also think that JB focuses really on the
the newer model Jordans since they are made with new technology

No way, the overall product from 2006 onwards is terrible.

we'll see what he can do,,but the LAST word would be still from the G.O.A.T,,Michael Jeffrey Jordan,the best player ever played the game of basketball

I think the quality of the shoes this past 11-12 have been good better than quality from 03-06 and i also think that JB focuses really on the
the newer model Jordans since they are made with new technology

You must not own a pair of Jordan's from that era.... >D

I'm not saying 03-06 models were perfect, but you hold a pair of 03' WC III in your hand compared to an 11' WC III and you'll definitely see and feel the quality difference.

i want solid gold laces and a price drop
and every pair should come with a free pair inside em and another inside them

and the 2013's need to be made entirely of smoke and lasers and be bulletproof.

Y'all wishing to much . . . but aint nothing wrong with wishing. Heck, maybe nothing will change.

Better quality? Maybe
Lower prices? Unlikely
Nike Air? . . . . . You made me laugh

^ JB customers want better overall quality releases and lowered prices, but JB has been successful year after year by providing what most of us would consider inferior quality products at a higher price.

Just because he gets hired as the president again doesn't mean JB is going to change it's focus on what's made them successful these past six years which in simplest terms involved finding ways to make the most profit out of the products they sell and spending the least amount possible while doing so.

Like I said, it's hard to undo what's already been done these last six years.

Just my opinion though.

Exactly. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. They get away with crap shoes at $160. They care about money. They stopped givin a hoot about the consumer long ago. And that's sad because consumers/customers are why they're in business.

Exactly. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. They get away with crap shoes at $160. They care about money. They stopped givin a hoot about the consumer long ago. And that's sad because consumers/customers are why they're in business.

I'm just curious as to what exactly this Larry Miller cat will bring to Jordan brand? His predecessor did a damn fine job of whoring out the brand in return for massive profits. JB is more than a household name and everyone and their dog has 'dem latest Jays' on their feet.

That would be the right way to go for Jordan Brand
happy.gif

Last edited:
"sells were up"

not picking on anyone in particular, but this is all over this forum. SALES. It's SALES. You sell something and it is a sale. John sells weed. I sold you a pair of shoes. Together those are sales. Is it that tough people?

"sells were up"
not picking on anyone in particular, but this is all over this forum. SALES. It's SALES. You sell something and it is a sale. John sells weed. I sold you a pair of shoes. Together those are sales. Is it that tough people?

That irritates the hell out of me too

I hope they change things in JB and the newer kicks have been desent but should do better and the retros is not going to change overnight it takes time

you cant have higher quality and lower pricing lol

just hope for higher quality to match the increase in prices

I'm hoping they find a way to not make it so ridiculous to get a pair of shoes I mean c'mon nobody wants to have to wait outside a store for hours until it opens or stalk the websites and then they end up crashing look at the madness it is causing people are getting shot, stabbed and beat up over limited pairs at stores and what not. I mean it's only common sense that if you only got 12 pairs at.a store and u got 50 people outside the outcome is not gunna be all that great. And that has to be effecting business somehow with all the negative media.

Back
Top Bottom