IMG_0609.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 600
Haven’t had a chance to play in mine yet but I’ve been walking around the crib in them to kinda try to do a little breaking in… threw on a pair of my 20’s to do a quick comparison
IMG_2160.jpeg

Hard to compare a broken in shoe to a brand new shoe but I’m not so sure that I’ll like these over the 20’s… at first I thought they were similar but now I feel like the 21’s are bigger (weight, height) and slightly higher off the ground. Wasn’t into I put one of each one that I really noticed anything.

First run complete, some initial thoughts…

IMG_2170.jpeg

Pros - Cushion, traction, fit all pretty nice. Feel like these broke in faster then the 20’s, like maybe after a game or two of full court the upper softened up and was good to go. The midfoot isn’t as stiff which makes a big difference. The heel is more firm which is cool but I mostly play on my toes so I didn’t really notice that too much.

Cons - Feels like Nike took some of things that were great about the 20’s and just unnecessarily turned the level up a tad bit. The 21’s are a little bit bigger, materials thicker, cut higher, weight heavier, etc… not enough where it’s a negative, but enough to where it’s noticeable.

Gotta give these some more run but I way feel currently gotta say 20’s > 21.

Saw a player last week end played with the lebron 17 low. They are heavier by 10 gr size 9 than the 21, and he was really quick!!

I don't know the weight of the 21's, they don't feel heavy to me but they do feel slightly heavier than the 20's...

Only had one run in them and they were super solid. I'm just not blown away with them or putting them on Goat level status like I did with the 20's

They def run big if you have a regular/narrow feet.

But they’re indeed comfortable. That’s a given.

Last edited:
First run complete, some initial thoughts…

The 21’s are a little bit bigger, materials thicker, cut higher, weight heavier, etc… not enough where it’s a negative, but enough to where it’s noticeable.

Gotta give these some more run but I way feel currently gotta say 20’s > 21.

IMG_1803.jpeg

Agreed that the weight is noticeable. For me they’re right on the verge of being clunkers/ too heavy but I think Nike opting for a plastic shank instead of carbon fiber saved these as the heel to toe transition and flex that these have don’t make them a chore to run up and down the court in.

The fact that the materials feel more substantial is a plus for me.

Heel lockdown is supreme. Fit is absolute perfection (I went TTS).

Cushion is perfectly bouncy and not unstable at all.

I really liked the 20’s but they’re definitely mushier feeling than the 21’s.

I played 4 games in them today and I’m pretty sure they’ll only get better with time.

I prefer these to the 20’s and the Kobe 5’s that I’ve been playing in lately.

My pair of 21's came in today. Didn't get to play in them yet but..

Due to the leather\materials they feel very secure. Like your foot's looked in once they're tired and that's a good thing.

Cushioning is stiffer and more firm than the 20's which can be good if you like that.

So far I like them and can't wait to play in them.

The sizing on these is more of what they're supposed to be meaning tts unlike the 20's for me.

TTS in both.

Got another hoop session in the 21’s today, feels like the upper is molding to my foot a little more which is nice. Played at a more dustier court today and the traction held up great, very tacky and didn’t really have to wipe at all.

So I threw on one 20, and one 21 to do an on foot comparison… and although the general feel is very similar I did notice some slight differences between the two models. As mentioned a couple posts above, the Cushlon in the 20’s is a little bit softer/mushier. I can feel the forefoot and heel Zoom a little more, where as in the 21 the ride is a little more balanced. Forefoot is a little more flexible in the 21’s, not that I experienced any heel slip in the 20’s but the lockdown in that area is a little better in the 21’s. Forefoot has a little more room in the 21’s if you felt that it didn’t have enough in the 20’s… and maybe because of the compression of the foam but the 20’s feel ever so slightly lower to the ground.

Not sure if that sounds like a lot but I don’t know if I could have told you much of it without having both of them on feet. Maybe it comes down to if you prefer a more snug fit go 20’s, need a little extra room go 21? It’s really close I think I might just break out whatever based on my outfit for that day 🤣

Appreciate the write ups. Impact protection doesn’t suffer from the firmer ride? Soreness and such day after? Felt that a bit switching to Sabrina’s from 20’s but still, barely.

How’s the tongue? I’ve always felt secure in the 20’s, though a bit heel unstable at first maybe , but the tongue would constantly move and I’d have to re-tie to get fit right between games.

Back
Top Bottom