LeBron 21

No the pearly whites is prob one of the best pairs. Just waiting for it to hit Nike so I can use my gift card and voucher.

Man, I am holding onto a 20% off coup for the Albalone waiting for them to drop a little more...not overly concerned they are going to sell out but with my luck, they will. Ya'll think they will drop anymore? I may go hit up my somewhat local Nike outlet today just for the hell of it.

Man, I am holding onto a 20% off coup for the Albalone waiting for them to drop a little more...not overly concerned they are going to sell out but with my luck, they will. Ya'll think they will drop anymore? I may go hit up my somewhat local Nike outlet today just for the hell of it.
They’re excluded from all discounts right now but there’s always a chance NDC chat can manually adjust the price of whatever code you have. Personally I’d try that, don’t see these selling out so you should be good waiting it out until you can get them around $120ish

They’re excluded from all discounts right now but there’s always a chance NDC chat can manually adjust the price of whatever code you have. Personally I’d try that, don’t see these selling out so you should be good waiting it out until you can get them around $120ish
The coupon works. I’ve tried it several times. I wish they’d throw them Wheat 13s on disco because I’ve had luck with coupons working on Jordan’s too but I don’t wanna pay full for those even tho 13s are my favorite in the JB line.

That cw instantly reminded me of the ATC2s

IMG_7035.jpeg

Posting this here because it seems like most ppl copping lebrons are hoopers still actively playing. If there's a more appropriate thread lmk thanks in advance

Long story short, I had arthroscopic knee surgery to repair my torn meniscus 10 years ago when I was 19. Did PT, got back into regular activities within about 4-6 months, all good since then. Couple months ago I started feeling knee pain again, got an MRI, torn meniscus again. Plus cysts/fluid build up and other wear and tear around the cartilage. I'll probably get arthroscopic knee surgery again as well. I feel more apprehensive about returning to play basketball again in the future. Shooting around will be fine of course. But the impact of full speed games every week during the warmer seasons, I dunno anymore. Does anyone have experience with similar re-injury and recovery? At 29 it feels sad to think about hangin em up for good but I don't want to deal with longer term problems like arthritis or a knee replacement.

I had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus when I was around 19 too. Its never felt the same. I still played after.

I ended up tearing my acl in my other knee 10 years later. Still played after that too lol

I try to limit how much basketball I play now to about 2-3 times a well. I crosstrain a lot more and try not to get out of shape. Injuries happen. I know people who have never been injured but can’t play or move move at all.

Stength training helps a lot for your knees. I honestly have to do it more.

I’m not sure what the future holds in regards to knee replacement. I’m hoping staying in shape can mitigate the need for that.

Last edited:
I’d personally do a lot of strength training exercises trying to hit every head of your quad. That’s what’s going to stabilize your knee the most outside of the actual joint. I would def avoid high impact exercises. Those are going to add stress to the joint. Especially if the muscles around/quads are underdeveloped.

Last edited:
Posting this here because it seems like most ppl copping lebrons are hoopers still actively playing. If there's a more appropriate thread lmk thanks in advance

Long story short, I had arthroscopic knee surgery to repair my torn meniscus 10 years ago when I was 19. Did PT, got back into regular activities within about 4-6 months, all good since then. Couple months ago I started feeling knee pain again, got an MRI, torn meniscus again. Plus cysts/fluid build up and other wear and tear around the cartilage. I'll probably get arthroscopic knee surgery again as well. I feel more apprehensive about returning to play basketball again in the future. Shooting around will be fine of course. But the impact of full speed games every week during the warmer seasons, I dunno anymore. Does anyone have experience with similar re-injury and recovery? At 29 it feels sad to think about hangin em up for good but I don't want to deal with longer term problems like arthritis or a knee replacement.

You may develop bad arthritis and require a knee replacement even if you didn't have a torn meniscus and played ball for 20 more years. So would that stop you now?

Future Spot up Shooter?? I’m kidding.

I tore my ACL in 2010 and have had three meniscus procedures all in my right knee, with the latest one in April of 2022. Like others have said leg days at the gym are your friend. Also being mindful of cuts and impact. Always listen to your body and adjust accordingly, even if it means dialing it back a little. Heck I’m about to be 39 and that’s probably my biggest downfall, being hard headed.

You may develop bad arthritis and require a knee replacement even if you didn't have a torn meniscus and played ball for 20 more years. So would that stop you now?
There is no "even if you didn't have a torn meniscus..." It happened before I was even an adult, and so that's the only life I'll ever know. And in this present day 2024, yes, another mensicus injury is potentially stopping me now. I'm really not sure what you were hoping to achieve with those two sentences lmao we could play pretend hypotheticals all day but that don't mean nothin to me

g-time g-time the red model the red model 1smartalec 1smartalec appreciate your input. My orthopedist commended my overall leg strength, which was reassuring. My left leg (the injured one - I'm right handed, so more jumping off the left) has been slightly smaller than my right ever since the original injury. But I did PT after the surgery and continued with individual leg exercises so at least the leg as a whole is still strong. I've been keeping up with light stability exercises now. I'm going back for a follow up in a few weeks and we'll probably discuss surgery dates + next steps then

Refreshing to hear you guys still made it back on the court even if less often. I've really been feeling like #ballwaslife. I foresee a lot of exercise bike and maybe actual cycling in my future and I gotta try shedding some pounds on the upper body to reduce the amount of impact.

Trying to figure out what size to get in Dragon Pearls and Abalones. My tts 11.5 but usually gotta go up half a size to size 12 in LeBrons such as the LeBron 17. After trying on the Tahitian, the Conchiolins, and Akoyas it seems like each colorway has it's own sizing. Akoya size 11.5 worked, but Conchiolin size 11.5 was too big, and the Tahitian size tried on was size 12 and it felt good and felt like the Akoya size 11.5 on my foot. Oh, almost forgot there was one store that had 1 pair of Abalones size 12 however 1 shoe was literally longer than the other despite the inner tags on both saying 12. Do the Dragon Pearls fit like the Tahitians like a half size small and snug? And do the Abalones fit like the Akoyas? So would it be best to get size 11.5 in Abalones and size 12 in Dragon Pearls? Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom