"LeBron has chance to be greatest" Jerry West......vol cavs suck

[h2]West: LeBron has chance to be greatest[/h2]

Noah Graham/Getty ImagesJerry West says he'd still want Kobe Bryant to take the last shot. But he'd take LeBron James if he were starting a franchise.

WASHINGTON -- LeBron James is the best player in the NBA, surpassing veteranLos Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, 14-time All-Star guard Jerry West said Monday.

West, a shrewd judge of talent who brought Bryant to the Lakers when he was their general manager, said the Cleveland Cavaliers forward could become the league's next Michael Jordan.

"I look at Cleveland [and] say to myself, 'How many games could they win without LeBron James?' West told Reuters in an interview."That's how great he is.

"He has a chance to be arguably the greatest player ever to play the game."

West, the NBA's executive of the year with the Lakers in 1995 and the Memphis Grizzliesin 2004, said playing both ends of the floor was what made Jordan so great.

Basketball Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson says he is not a huge fan of the NBA's age limits, especially given that young men go off to war at 18. Robertson also tells the guys why he agrees with Jerry West that LeBron James is better than Kobe Bryant.

"Michael Jordan was the best defensive player in the league but he was also the best offensive player," said West. "It wasn't a one-yearfluke, he proved it over time.

"LeBron James will do the same type of things because he's getting better. He's a much more effective shooter. When's he's making hisshots from the outside, you can't play him.

"He's just too big, too strong, too quick. And he has incredible body control. But more than that, he's a great teammate. You can see histeammates love him."

West told Bloomberg Television in an interview that starting a team with James is a "no-brainer."

"If you look at basketball today, it's not always the big guys that win for you, it's the intermediate-size guys," West said, according toBloomberg. "[He] can play four positions if you ask him to do so, and his ability to get everyone involved in the game is just remarkable for someone hisage. I don't know if there's a better athlete I've ever seen play professional basketball."
"
Even though it's hard for me to be objective, because I brought Kobe to Los Angeles, I do think LeBron has surpassed Kobe as a player.
" -- Jerry West

James averaged 28.4 points this season and was named the NBA's MVP. But Bryant, a three-time NBA champion and 2008 MVP, still remains a force, saidWest.

"If I had to have somebody make a last-second shot, it would be Kobe Bryant," said West, architect of the great Laker teams from the Magic Johnson years in the 1980s through the Shaquille O'Neal -led teams earlier this decade.

"But even though it's hard for me to be objective, because I brought Kobe to Los Angeles, I do think LeBron has surpassed Kobe as aplayer."

West, 70, was in Washington attending a conference for atrial fibrillation, a condition he has that can cause a racing heart, sleeplessness, anxiety anddepression.

The condition, diagnosed at age 42, forced him to leave the front office of the Lakers and then the Grizzlies in 2007.

West, a member of the Lakers' 1972 title team, said he does not think about how he would fare in today's NBA but added, "I would becompetitive, trust me."

The Logo speaks the truth! He's got the chance. It's a long-shot still but it's at least possible. Well 6 championships and a bunchamvp's later possible.

Yes! another Lebron Thread
pimp.gif

smh.gif

West is speaking the truth or maybe he's trying to motivate Kobe
devil.gif

Lord knows

Lebron has been in BEAST mode all year long but dude still got a long way to go

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

The Logo speaks the truth! He's got the chance. It's a long-shot still but it's at least possible. Well 6 championships and a buncha mvp's later possible.
i see nothing wrong with this statement.

*waits on NT to pick it apart*
nerd.gif
grin.gif

He's right tho... I came to this realization myself a few weeks ago.

Its really HIS League and the thought that he's only 24...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

next year lebron probably will overtake 24 as the best player
he needs to win at least 5 chips before he gets Goat status

NO WAIT!

He can't say LeBron's the best, all of Kobe's peer's and league executives say Kobe is!

"
Even though it's hard for me to be objective, because I brought Kobe to Los Angeles, I do think LeBron has surpassed Kobe as a player.

" -- Jerry West

I say this is true AFTER LeBron handles business in the finals. Then the tranistion will be complete!

What if 24 beats 23 in the finals?
Does 24 get his status of being the best player in the nba back?
i feel like listening to Ether with all this 24 < > 23 talk
"brace yourself for the main event"

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

What if 24 beats 23 in the finals?
Does 24 get his status of being the best player in the nba back?
i feel like listening to Ether with all this 24 < > 23 talk
"brace yourself for the main event"

24 hasn't lost his status yet

West, 70, was in Washington attending a conference for atrial fibrillation, a condition he has that can cause a racing heart, sleeplessness, anxiety and depression.

The condition, diagnosed at age 42, forced him to leave the front office of the Lakers and then the Grizzlies in 2007.

West, a member of the Lakers' 1972 title team, said he does not think about how he would fare in today's NBA but added, "I would be competitive, trust me."

That's awesome.
"You play as old timers...when there old" "Hang up the phone Barkley, I'm taking you to the hole"
roll.gif

I agree. Kobe hasn't lost a step. What west was getting at is that, whereas Kobe is nearing the end of his prime, and is closer to the end of his career,Lebron is merely entering his prime, and will have many more years like this one. So personally, I'd still want Kobe to take the last shot too, but Iwouldnt pick Kobe over Lebron when thinking about longevity.

Kobe fans can be mad at that if they want, but its reality.

Well well well, what do we have here, Mr. Laker himself saying Bron better than Kobe. Players in the league now saying Kobe better than Bron is the equivalentof kids today saying soulja boy better than B.I.G. On that note Bron at age 24, better than Kobe at 24 = Bron at 32 better than Kobe at 32 = Bron better thanKobe. Doesn't really matter though, I enjoy watching both. In a couple years, Kobe need to come join Bron here in Cleveland, just imagine all the ringshe'd get.

Back
Top Bottom