LeBron Haters Call To Arms! (The Haters Unification Thread)

Great Lebron finally won 1. Only took him 9 seasons and a millions playoff games to get 1. Now 7 more rings to go

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

So since I'm from New Zealand I'm not allowed to root for any team in the NBA?

Man some people are just straight up ridiculous.
No one said anything like that, relax. It's a well known fact that if you live somewhere with no team, then you root for anyone you want.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

No one said anything like that, relax. It's a well known fact that if you live somewhere with no team, then you root for anyone you want.
This ninja makin' rules up on the fly now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Pretty sure that Phil quote was from the book he wrote in 04 after losing to Detriot, he's just salty
grin.gif

Kobe's best defensive years were early to mid 2000's with shaq and a few years after shaq, obviously he was inconsistent because most of his energy goes into scoring. When he tried, he was one of the premier perimeter, ball denying defenders in the league. In 2000 when he averaged 1 BPG and guarded mostly point guards is a season that comes to mind where he was probably the best perimeter defender in the league. Don't get me wrong, LeBron is great at team defense, but he will not lock down your best player, I'm sorry. He couldn't even stop 6'2 jason terry last year. 
laugh.gif

Phil has paid Kobe his compliments but he tells it like it is.  Kobes defense has been over rated for numerous years now.  Kobe himself even said hes more a "roamer" on defense.  "Obviously he was inconsistent because most of his energy goes into scoring"  Your own quote says it all.

Just wondering,

Has Kobe ever won:

Regular season MVP
Finals MVP
and a gold medal all in the same year?

No considering he's only played in the Olympics and won regular season once...that was 2008, lost to the Celtics but did end up getting Gold in Beijing.

^Now you're just reaching guy, Jordan shoes aren't meant for just people from Chicago. And anyone can see i'm not from there if they read the two area codes after my name 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

I wont argue ball movement but in the OKC series... The bigs were a big reason why they couldnt keep up with the thunder... They were getting ousted by the thunder inside who many say has a weaker frontline than the Lakers.. Bynum being Bynum and Pau passing up shots/not being aggressive enough/turning it over...

At the end of the day the Lakers gave up and played dumb basketball and Kobe was left to dry for better or for worse.. but he was there... And he was thee only chance they had in the OKC series..

To flat out say he choked himself and completely lost the series for them is wild to me...

did you not watch that series??? we were up a decent amount with a few minutes to go in both games and this @*+!* wanna play super hero...old butter fingers and his turnovers and chucking jumpers... yes he DID choke away two games all by himself...
if you gonna take the spoils when you make a game winner best believe you better take the boos and blame when you play like an idiot and cost your team the game...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21
No did YOU not watch it? I know what i saw..
Because there is a reason people in Laker land were crying for trades for either Pau or Bynum.. Trade Everybody memes come from somewhere... Ur a laker fan but a lebron fan in a heat hater thread defending ur man bron and shorting ur teams guy and ignoring why he did try to play super hero and like i said before whos gonna win it for them.. who was going to win it for the lakers becsides kobe?
laugh.gif
... u seem confused..

Also short changing the Thunder who all playoffs long always found ways to comeback... and blaming on the Ls on Kobe...

Edit:

And lastly before i dead this convo ... Im not saying Kobe never has tendencies to get trigger happy because everyone knows he does but in that series.. he had to and wanted the ball.. His teammatges didnt and if they did , like i said, itd be turnovers or bricks... but u puttin it all on Kobe..  stop it..

Peace.

I now think it's an interesting narrative.

I loved LeBron's game since he entered the league. It was a beauty to watch and the Cleveland Redemption Story was intriguing.

With that said, I wasn't mad because he left. I was disappointed because he left a potential all-time rivalry on the table.

To reset: What I would have liked to have seen was LeBron v. Wade battling it out in the Eastern Conference Finals every year, regardless of team affiliation. Cleveland v. Miami, NY v. Chicago. Whatever. Wherever.

We were deprived of seeing them compete head-to-head. I felt cheated, as a fan, and that feeling may have been irrational but I still rooted against the Heat in the 10/11 season. I reveled in their failure. It was all a hater could ask for, and then some.

You can only fall so far though...

It just became exhaustive. I suffered hater burnout, if you will, realizing that I had been fueled by irrationality in the face of logic (SEE ALSO: SKIP BAYLESS'S M.O.).

I came into these playoffs ready to judge LeBron, holding him up to my own biased standard of excellence found in the form of Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

And um...

He passed.

So congratulations to Mr. James. Just don't get too comfortable beneath that newly sized crown...

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

This ninja makin' rules up on the fly now
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

I now think it's an interesting narrative.

I loved LeBron's game since he entered the league. It was a beauty to watch and the Cleveland Redemption Story was intriguing.

With that said, I wasn't mad because he left. I was disappointed because he left a potential all-time rivalry on the table.

To reset: What I would have liked to have seen was LeBron v. Wade battling it out in the Eastern Conference Finals every year, regardless of team affiliation. Cleveland v. Miami, NY v. Chicago. Whatever. Wherever.

We were deprived of seeing them compete head-to-head. I felt cheated, as a fan, and that feeling may have been irrational but I still rooted against the Heat in the 10/11 season. I reveled in their failure. It was all a hater could ask for, and then some.

You can only fall so far though...

It just became exhaustive. I suffered hater burnout, if you will, realizing that I had been fueled by irrationality in the face of logic (SEE ALSO: SKIP BAYLESS'S M.O.).

I came into these playoffs ready to judge LeBron, holding him up to my own biased standard of excellence found in the form of Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

And um...

He passed.

So congratulations to Mr. James. Just don't get too comfortable beneath that newly sized crown...
i've liked his game, because he's very versatile.. but the fact that he and everyone else keeps saying that he earned this trophy.. is stupid.. he basically sold out, nothing else.. he was so close in cleveland and it would have meant so much more to win it there.. but to say in the post game press conference that he did it the "right way'' is ridiculous.. he sold out, he went to a team that had a superstar in wade and also a superstar in bosh.. three superstars, and they win.. is that special? not really.. even though he deserves respect for HIS performance, he should stop saying he earned it, because he took the easy way to a championship, by going elsewhere.

TheGoldenChild wrote:

i've liked his game, because he's very versatile.. but the fact that he and everyone else keeps saying that he earned this trophy.. is stupid.. he basically sold out, nothing else.. he was so close in cleveland and it would have meant so much more to win it there.. but to say in the post game press conference that he did it the "right way'' is ridiculous.. he sold out, he went to a team that had a superstar in wade and also a superstar in bosh.. three superstars, and they win.. is that special? not really.. even though he deserves respect for HIS performance, he should stop saying he earned it, because he took the easy way to a championship, by going elsewhere.

And this is a completely valid opinion. In fact, it's the price LeBron paid for moving to Miami. There will always be an element of "He couldn't do it in Cleveland so he sold out." 
There's nothing unfair about that viewpoint. I mean the dude literally did it to himself.

The narrative changed for me slightly because Bosh was injured and Dwyane Wade got old in a hurry. I felt like James took on the burden of history and performed remarkably in the Finals, unlike last year. 

But your point still stands, and the shadow of LeBron's Decision will follow him into the history books.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

TheGoldenChild wrote:

And this is a completely valid opinion. In fact, it's the price LeBron paid for moving to Miami. There will always be an element of "He couldn't do it in Cleveland so he sold out." 
There's nothing unfair about that viewpoint. I mean the dude literally did it to himself.

The narrative changed for me slightly because Bosh was injured and Dwyane Wade got old in a hurry. I felt like James took on the burden of history and performed remarkably in the Finals, unlike last year. 

But your point still stands, and the shadow of LeBron's Decision will follow him into the history books.

true, but without bosh, it wouldnt have mattered how good james was.. cause you saw what happened against boston. if he would've played, then they wouldnt have to go to game 7. and now people are realizing that bosh is more valuable than before and that the heat can do without wade.

bosh and those @%%!!## 3 pointers in game 7. Better be getting a nice x-mas present from bron

Funny part is every clown in here hating on Bron would murk their mom to be in his shoes

NOBODY wins by themself not Mike not Kobe NOBODY so he wanted better teammates so what He got it done lock this dumb %%+ thread up!

S/O my son Dan Le Batard!

Let's get this repeat poppin!

Back
Top Bottom