Legit question, How can you not hit the gym at all and be a 20 yr old range male?

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Im 24 and I work full time and Im in grad school...not to make excuses tho...im lazy as hell and Im not fat but im so outta shape its a shame

If you saw me in person you wud prolly think im healthy....but my cardio is weak, I really wanna work on it but on my down time Im just watching tv or surfing the net listening to music

Gotta gym at my apt complex and erything and my ole lady gotta indoor bball court at hers.... I never take advantage of them... smh at me!!
first step is admitting it

happy.gif

but honestly... with that sort of schedule. i don't know. pretty good excuse to me. lol

Sometimes it's impossible to find time to go to the gym.

For me, school is very demanding with projects and tough subject material to master.

But I keep free weights in my place and use those whenever I can't get to the gym.

My health is essential.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Sex helps... with a partner that is, not yourself.
Say word to that. When you stop having to guarantee your ability to get poon each night that whole section of your motivation to stay in REAL good shape....melts away.

And in a personal case I've had 9 knee surgeries with no results (i.e. final verdict is "still broken, still gettin worse, wont do total knee replacement on a 22 year old) so with one ineffective leg its easy to get sedate.

So those are my excuses, call em what you want but to me they are more 'realities' than 'excuses'

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i don't go to the gym and i paid $300 for my 2-year 24-hr membership.

i am 5'10 and 135lbs.

i just don't feel like it. jogging around my neighborhood when i need to is enough for my cardiovascular health. i don't care about muscles.

I'm the same. Height and weight that is. I do workout though, but not for the past month this sprained wrist from fapping. I'm should work on my cardio though, which what I'll start tonight.

I'm 22 and just lazy 
eyes.gif
 there's a park 2 blocks away but i'm gonna get it right sooner or later 

There is no reason why you shouldnt be in great shape in your 20's and beyond!

I have a friend who has been paying for the gym for 6 years now and he's in horrid shape. Im thinking "you pay all of that money and those are the results?". You dont need a gym membership to be in shape, check out your local park and setup a workout routine. Play sports, run, interval train, etc...

I found some weights when I was clearing out my old garage, I found a plumbing pipe that they fit onto and setup a squat/shoulder press bar for free. Scrounged up some cash to get one of those iron gym pull up bars and it works great. The point is, you dont need to spend thousands or even hundreds to get into shape, you just need to find the reason not to make excuses anymore.

It's easy to not hit the gym at any age. If you are unable to get enough sleep for whatever reason, you won't have the energy to hit the gym. I'm talking about a schedule that is so busy that there isn't enough time for you to get enough sleep.

20 years old here. go to the gym 5 days or sometimes 7 days a week. I would be pissed if I missed a day working out when it comes to the weekdays.

I haven't exercised/played sports since last summer. I went to play ball couple days ago, and I couldn't keep up.
My chest was poundin and as much as I wanted to push myself, my muscles weren't havin it.
I'm gonna start being active and get in shape again before summer.

Originally Posted by e5antos

I haven't exercised/played sports since last summer. I went to play ball couple days ago, and I couldn't keep up.
My chest was poundin and as much as I wanted to push myself, my muscles weren't havin it.
I'm gonna start being active and get in shape again before summer.

why not now?

c'mon man. i know too many dudes like you. it irks me.

I really have no excuse for not hitting the gym. I just graduated and work full-time, but after I get home around 4-6, I find myself having nothing to do on the weekdays. But I got a free 7 day gym pass so I'm going to make today my first day at the gym.

I workout at home...whether it be outside or in my room.
I use
-gravity
-push ups
-2x 30lb dumbbells
-ipod touch 8GB

and 1 life to live for motivation

I don't hit the weights, but I do hoop about 3 times a week and run about 2-3...

I do kush-ups pretty much everyday tho
pimp.gif

Been hitting the gym since I was 17, I'm 21 now. I used to be kinda chubby so joining a gym and sticking to my workouts has been of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

Just skimmed through the first page alone and it's nothing but excuses. I feel sorry for ya'll. You're not going to be young forever.

bench press for what?

i lift four pounds....

but, nah,

seriously,

i'm cute enough.......

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Just skimmed through the first page alone and it's nothing but excuses. I feel sorry for ya'll. You're not going to be young forever.

Maybe you won't. You are only limited by your own mind.
nerd.gif

I gotta get back in the gym, but benches hurt, anything involving chest and back is so painful I gotta pop oxycodones before I go just to finish my sets. I been hittin the shakes tough without lifting to get my weight back up, females been tellin me I look sick
frown.gif

Actually, not only for 20 year old males. What is the excuse for anyone, male or female, or any adult, not to go to the gym? It is a necessity for every human being to live a healthier lifestyle. The benefits of exercise are life-saving and allow you to live longer.

Uh yeah, I should be going more often to the gym. I have been majorly slacking off. I used to never go, until the past couple of months when I started to go and it really is so fulfilling and enriching for your body. I should at least start going 3 times a week now.

Back
Top Bottom