Let’s talk Retirement Fantasies

I mean real life, if you honestly in your bones feel like you're going to die old in a thankless job having truly savored none of your years...

why wait?

How many of you are actually close to this?

I think about it and all i realize is how far away I am from it. All I want is $3M. Even getting to $500k before 40 seems like a pipe dream.

Why would you need to work again w/ 10M?

You can literally sit on your *** and collect 3-4% easily off dividend checks, :lol:

You can't live off 300-400K/year?

Plus, 10M's gives you significant borrowing power, you're set for life as long as you're not financially illiterate.

$20 MILLION!?

1M tax free and im out the door easy!

im saying fam, under 20 mill I gotta stay working at least part time. I ain’t trying to get a glimpse of richness, then come up short and have to go back to grindin, because in the year 2040 the price of a gallon of milk is $10,000.

That’s like filling up a balloon with expensive champagne and throwing it in the face of an alcoholic bum. He gets a taste of the good life, just enough to know what he’s missing, then he gotta go climb back in the dumpster.
E280220C-13C8-4FA0-9525-AE2FE03DF4E9.gif

I’ve always said that if I ever hit it big, I’d spend that ish so stupidly.

I’ve always wanted a giant mansion, I’m talking absolutely massive. Then inside it is a decent-sized guest house. Yes, that means I’d have a house inside of a house.

A massive penthouse condo where each floor is its own individual room, eg: entire 5th floor is a bathroom, 2nd floor is a kitchen, 3rd floor is a laundry room, etc.

Instead of a private jet, I’d have a private airliner like a 787 and just make it all luxurious.

My private boat would be the size of those huge cruise ships meant to carry thousands of people.

Very expensive.

I’ll say this: when you start crunching numbers it becomes painfully obvious that the U.S. is expensive as hell. Like it’s become unnecessarily expensive to make it here. There’s a lot to love about the states but you can straight up flourish elsewhere if you bring U.S. dollars.

West coast has gotten too expensive. Got land in tonga (south pacific island) planning on building in about 10 yrs. pops & moms already chillin there no one ever got covid they said middle finger usa 10 yrs ago.
wanna get a boat and mob out to the mariana trench straight chill with the water gods

What would y’all do if you retired early though? Eventually it’d get boring I think.

workout everyday
learn to cook stuff
Pick up new hobbies
Read books

What would y’all do if you retired early though? Eventually it’d get boring I think.

workout everyday
learn to cook stuff
Pick up new hobbies
Read books

Yea thats why I'm never going to actually retire. I don't do back breaking work as it is as a career. As long as I don't get dementia or something I could work well into my 70s.

Not doing what I do now but I’ll do something to make money. But double that I’ll ride into the sunset and never work ever again.

I dunno g with 10 mil you can make money and still not have to lift a finger. Index fund with 10% return youll gross a milly a year from not doing ish. At least thats what i would do.

I’ve always said that if I ever hit it big, I’d spend that ish so stupidly.

I’ve always wanted a giant mansion, I’m talking absolutely massive. Then inside it is a decent-sized guest house. Yes, that means I’d have a house inside of a house.

A massive penthouse condo where each floor is its own individual room, eg: entire 5th floor is a bathroom, 2nd floor is a kitchen, 3rd floor is a laundry room, etc.

Instead of a private jet, I’d have a private airliner like a 787 and just make it all luxurious.

My private boat would be the size of those huge cruise ships meant to carry thousands of people.

Very expensive.

You still gonna steal ketchup packets from mcdnlds and sneak ya girl into the movies?

10MM is a nice target.

“Retirement” plans for 45 & I got 13 years to get there. I consider that a “ realistic” target 🎯 but the way ninjas go viral these days, I’m smart enough to eat looooong time off that 15 minutes & that could happen anytime. Charismatic enough, sure, to stretch that further. Still not one for that kind of attention tho.

Haven’t set a target amount in capital gains but the only way to retire is to be making money while you sleep or zoning. $1500 a day automated and I’ll start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. If I could make 10x over every year, or fall somewhere in between, I’ll take that.

Retirement is a far away dream.

id bee content with 4-5 mill. Cop a nice crib. Put away half a milli for my daughters school. Break mom dukes off enough to retire to her condo in DR. Invest the rest.

id def still work. Id like to run a non profit. Not work crazy but make it so its a passion not a chore.

Back
Top Bottom