let this thread die (NYK)

Would the Yankees change there font? Never. Would the Jets or Giants change there change things up? They did and went directly back to tradition, as did the Mets. There was nothing wrong with the New York Knicks font, that's the absolute last thing that needed to be changed. Don't confuse "density" with traditionalism, brotha.
Imagine if the Lakers or Celtics changed the font logo on the front of the jerseys? Outcry. You don't mess with that, we are just as historical and mainstream as those two franchises. As far as changing everything else, that's cool.
Nobody is disagreeing with what your saying at all. My point is that Dolan wanted to go classic but differentiate it as much as possible. If we kept the jerseys the way they were and kept the font what would be the difference between these and our throwbacks ? Nothing at all besides the piping ofcourse. Nobody would cop the throwbacks anymore because our current joints are extremely identical. The funny part about it is that the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics HAVE changed fonts and went through just as "drastic" jersey changes as we have but their fanbase doesn't complain because they have kept the same footprint just like we have.

Nobody is disagreeing with what your saying at all. My point is that Dolan wanted to go classic but differentiate it as much as possible. If we kept the jerseys the way they were and kept the font what would be the difference between these and our throwbacks ? Nothing at all besides the piping ofcourse. Nobody would cop the throwbacks anymore because our current joints are extremely identical. The funny part about it is that the Bulls, Lakers, and Celtics HAVE changed fonts and went through just as "drastic" jersey changes as we have but their fanbase doesn't complain because they have kept the same footprint just like we have.
Not that funny tho, Celtics have never changed their font and never went thru a drastic change (they added an alternate) no big deal. Lakers since they went to LA changed colors within the first two years and have changed their jersey templates throughout the years but have never changed that classic Lakers font in the jersey. Bulls are not as historic as either of these teams but they have changed their font, I'll give you that, but they will never change it again after winning championships with MJ.

I understand the point you're making from the financial James Dolan point of view. Knicks wanted to be classy but still differciate it enough from the throwbacks. Thats fine. That could have been achieved without messing with our font tho. I'm a fan of the silver outline, I think it's dope. I'm a fan of the half piping along the sleeves (grew on me) but that was enough of a change. The classic font was and always been timeless.

The new full uniform in itself is clean tho, looks like a better package, it's just that font.

I don't see the HUGE problem with the font... It's fine to me. The piping and the waistband I don't like. But I'm sure I'll get use to it soon enough

The font has that Canal St. feel to it. However, just retutning to a more extreme arch and finishing the piping would make this distinguishable from the retro jersey, and also, more importantly, a better look. I like the waistband, but both should be orange imo.

33zcx7r.jpg
repped

Knicks organize early training camp

Knicks sharpshooter Steve Novak told ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday that he and most of the team have organized a "pre-training camp" starting Monday.

The camp will take place at the Knicks' training facility in Greenburgh, N.Y., and will continue all the way through Oct. 1, when the Knicks must report for media day.

Fall Fashion Preview

Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler helped the Knicks unveil their new duds. Photo gallery Latest Knicks

Novak said the activities will include alternating days of basketball and conditioning skills work.

"We just want to make sure we hit the ground running," Novak said.

Travis King, the longtime training adviser for Amare Stoudemire, said it's unique for players to join as a unit this early in the offseason. But he added that coach Mike Woodson, who had the idea for the "pre-training camp," and the key veterans (Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler) who picked the date, wanted to do it at this time because they've never been together from the beginning.

"Amare was there in 2010, then Melo came around (in 2011) and then last year with the lockout, they didn't really get to have a training camp," King told ESPNNewYork.com. "I think coach Woodson knows that it's important getting those guys to jell together and knows that they can have a championship-caliber team. Coach knows he's going to have to jell the team earlier, so a lot of the guys agreed to come out earlier in the year."

King said the "pre-training camp" is especially important because the Knicks need to establish a connection between their veterans and new point guards -- a key relationship that will impact the team's chemistry-building. Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Smith didn't suit up for the Knicks last season.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I think that they've got one of the deepest teams in the NBA, one of the most veteran teams, and they definitely got some guys who are winners. But I think the key with them is going to be getting them to jell," King said. "They've got three point guards who didn't play on the team last year, and that's going to be crucial for them to help the guys who have been there, like Amare, Tyson and Melo, and get everybody on the same page. I think you don't want to try to wait all the way to training camp to do that if possible."

Novak, who's spent most of his offseason training at his alma mater, Marquette, said Woodson wanting to organize the "pre-training camp" speaks volumes about his dedication to the team.

"The way he's gone out of his way this summer to make sure he stays in touch with everybody and visits guys, that goes a long way," he said. "I think to build a winning culture, you have to do a little bit more, and that makes you a better team in the NBA. And I feel like knowing that your coach cares about you and he's thinking about you during the summer, and he has plans for you, that goes a long way."

Jared Zwerling is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com

Best news I heard from the Knicks all year. Glad some are committed, we need Kidd & Felton out there with Amare & Melo as soon as possible.

It's so................................................................ White.

Seriously though, It's a pissy uni no matter how you slice it. Very underwhelming, whatever. It's the product on the court that counts, right? >D

Last edited:
I hate how these jerseys made "New York" one word :x

To say that the font execution is terrible, is an understatement.

the jerseys could have came out much muchhh worse so im not even pissed about it. the armpit thing is a straight up mystery though :rofl:

the jerseys could have came out much muchhh worse so im not even pissed about it. the armpit thing is a straight up mystery though :rofl:

they just wanted to put something different, had they kept it normal piping it would be too diffrent fromthe old jerseys.

numbers and lettering are the same.

different is just round neck, stupid looking wording, little logo ball and the dumb arm piping.

the jerseys actually dont look bad... they look actually better then i thought... the armpit thing is not a big deal because you dont notice it when the players wear it...the only thing i hate is the new york logo... they made it 1 word and should have spread it out and arch the new york sign...i also like the knicks quote... i would cop just off that... another thing i hate to is the gray which has no place on the jersey... id cop if on sale

ESPN Top 500 Player Rankings has Fields (#164) is better than Brewer (#167) who is better than Felton (#173)

Back
Top Bottom