let this thread die (NYK)

new jerseys suck, the new york on the front looks so stupid.

i like the round neck, thats about it :lol:

Novak Working On Expanding Offensive Game Beyond Perimeter Shooting
Sep 06, 2012 12:05 PM EDT

Steve Novak is working to expand his offensive repertoire to be more than just a spot-up shooter.

"In the NBA, they say, 'Do what you do,'" said Novak. "I try to never get away obviously from understanding what my strength is, which is shooting the ball, but knowing how defenses are going to change this year guarding me, I knew I had to work on my one- and two-dribble pullups. I knew I had to be more comfortable putting the ball on the floor more and dribbling more -- not just catching and shooting.

That's really what I did a lot of work on -- lots of reps with "The Gun," the rebounding machine. I would just get the ball and shot fake to the right, shot fake to the left and shot fake to draw the foul. The thing I've been focusing on is just a small change, being more comfortable with that, but I feel like it's one of those small changes that can just make a really big difference. I feel like if I can draw fouls on my shot fake and that kind of thing, it totally changes the way a defender has to guard me.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Game_Beyond_Perimeter_Shooting#ixzz25ijmIMqN

Its the font killing the jersey,that font makes it look fake.

I would have liked to see the color scheme flipped.

Instead of the lettering being orange on the away, make the outline orange and the lettering white. And make the outline orange and lettering blue on the home.

If they wanted to be retro and revert back to the old school jerseys, why the hell didn't they come out with our old school jersey? The font on the numbers look odd as well. I'm hating this cramped up font all together. The waistband being a solid color makes no sense as well, it's not hard to realize. Knicks messing with tradition man, not cool.

You cannot be that dense
Would the Yankees change there font? Never. Would the Jets or Giants change there change things up? They did and went directly back to tradition, as did the Mets. There was nothing wrong with the New York Knicks font, that's the absolute last thing that needed to be changed. Don't confuse "density" with traditionalism, brotha.

Imagine if the Lakers or Celtics changed the font logo on the front of the jerseys? Outcry. You don't mess with that, we are just as historical and mainstream as those two franchises. As far as changing everything else, that's cool.

You cannot be that dense
Would the Yankees change there font? Never. Would the Jets or Giants change there change things up? They did and went directly back to tradition, as did the Mets. There was nothing wrong with the New York Knicks font, that's the absolute last thing that needed to be changed. Don't confuse "density" with traditionalism, brotha.

Imagine if the Lakers or Celtics changed the font logo on the front of the jerseys? Outcry. You don't mess with that, we are just as historical and mainstream as those two franchises. As far as changing everything else, that's cool.

The Knicks have changed their font before. Although I see your point.
that might be the only issue with it. But I really COULD and should care less. As long as we bust *** next season I'm good. (Just my outlook)

Back
Top Bottom