let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

So Chauncey tore his achilles and Gallo broke his foot....

wow.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Oh $%!% did not know that. Was my fav Knick when he was here
30t6p3b.gif
Good thing he signed that extension with DEN.

Oh well can't feel bad for those teams. Heckle us for signing an "injury prone" STAT, scoff @ signing Baron, etc.
Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Not sure how I feel that there's people who can seriously say they hope Melo is done for the year
indifferent.gif
Yeah I'm beginning to realize despite being fans a lot of ppl don't know a lot about basketball.
Cause were so much better with him right?
Yes we are.
Originally Posted by MonStar1

Toney Douglas might be trash but you can't throw him out the rotation like trash.
grin.gif
Yes you can.
They ran NO plays or sets just a high screen and roll the whole game.
Pringles whole brilliant offensive mind is based on pnrs, couldn't do that with the forwards in the game so he settled for high screens and Lin's penetration.

So Chauncey tore his achilles and Gallo broke his foot....

wow.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Oh $%!% did not know that. Was my fav Knick when he was here
30t6p3b.gif
Good thing he signed that extension with DEN.

Oh well can't feel bad for those teams. Heckle us for signing an "injury prone" STAT, scoff @ signing Baron, etc.
Originally Posted by tim teufel

Yeah I'm beginning to realize despite being fans a lot of ppl don't know a lot about basketball.
Cause were so much better with him right?
Yes we are.
Originally Posted by MonStar1

Toney Douglas might be trash but you can't throw him out the rotation like trash.
grin.gif
Yes you can.
They ran NO plays or sets just a high screen and roll the whole game.
Pringles whole brilliant offensive mind is based on pnrs, couldn't do that with the forwards in the game so he settled for high screens and Lin's penetration.

Same way Denver was?

last thing anyone who wants D'Antoni canned is Novak/Lin combo getting on the court. They're not talented, but they actually fit what he does.

and given this team's expectations and Lin being an undrafted guy who was already cut (by the future HOF coach, Mark Jackson nonetheless) nobody was going to give Lin a shot much earlier than this.
We're not better off without Melo, but he's given us very little evidence that we're actually better with him. I expect that to change, but for now..

Melo has been far from great since we got him, and at times I can see why some casual fans might think he's been a problem, but he for sure ain't one of our main problems.

How can you say that at this point? Not to baby him but dude has been taken so far out of his comfort zone this year. I know some of y'all gonna say he's in the NBA how can you say that blah blah but IMO you just can't ask guys to do stuff they're not comfortable doing and expect them to succeed in the NBA. Guys gotta be put in positions to succeed, and if they suck then, that is a problem. TD clearly isn't a starting PG for any team in the L, but is he good for 10/20 minutes on any given night off the bench? Of course, he did it last year. People get such crazy expectations sometimes, it's crazy.

You can ask them to work on things, and do certain things better, but we've got multiple guys being asked to do things they straight up aren't comfortable doing and that's a recipe for a @%%+@@@ disaster, which we've seen.

Feel bad for Gallo, hope he can recover quickly.

And Chauncey, is this the end of him forever? Damn, hate to see anyone go out like that.

http://twitter.com/Amareisrealhttp://twitter.com/Amareisreal
http://twitter.com/AmareisrealAmare Stoudemire: Even though I'm going through hard times right now. #SadDay Great job tonight team (Knicks ). Jermeny Lin that's how we play. Ya boy SunTzu
Jonah Ballow: "He's a playmaker" Mike D'Antoni on @Jeremy Lin #Knicks #NBA
Jared Zwerling: 'Antoni: "I was riding Jeremy like Secretariat" (laughing) about how many minutes he played him
Jared Zwerling: 'Antoni: "Anyone that boos Jared Jeffries needs to reevaluate their life. He played unbelievably good."

Pringles thinks it's funny
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
@ defending Jeffries. He played good but still it's funny.

Wonder if STAT plays Wed. Doubt Melo does.

Yo honestly TD wasn't put in a role where he can be his best but at this point where we're not even asking that of him anymore Imma have to say he needs to be off this team. he obviously needs a change of location. Cuz his last season is just looking like an aberration at this point.

Lets see all the positives Lin brings (True PG)

1. Douglas stays next to Bibby deep in the bench where he belongs.
2. He doesn't commit a lot of turnovers which causes baskets down on the other end. 
3. Best option to execute pick and roll which should be lobs to Chandler all day or Amare rolling or jumpshot in the elbow. (Tonight Jefferies missed a lot of good looks which Lin created)
4. Ability to split through defenders with little room and drive creating and 1s.

This is everything the Knicks were lacking pre-LIN.  Defense tonight was great.  Jefferies does what he does on the defensive end which is important I give him props.  Novak should be a key guy off the bench now providing points.  This guy is a pure jump shooter that can spread the floor I've been saying that.

Amare and a healthy Melo buying into this system can only make this team even more deadly. 

FANS really saying they hope melo is done ?? thats some foolery on new levels... i'm not sold on j lin just yet, even though i've been a fan since harvard but i'm glad he's played well in 2 games (emphasis on 2 games) but lets not count the chickens before they hatch. Good team win tonight though

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Showing emotion for _effries ... that Secretariat joke ... why does Pringles want me to not hate him?
nerd.gif
Felt exactly the same way watching the press conference.
laugh.gif

Dantoni is a nut job. Son is wreckless wearing Lin out like that. He really gives no %##@%, its all about his next job right now whether its with the knicks or not. Disgusting

Originally Posted by vezon

LinSwag.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I aint even mad. Im still not sold on Lin, at all really.

But hes had a good weekend and feeling confident & having fun so thats a plus 
pimp.gif

hopefully he can remain consistent...

Dunno where people heard JR Smith is going to the Clippers..None of the NBA insider type dudes I follow on Twitter made any mention at all of this and I checked all the websites and rumor blogs and not a single one stated anything about JR Smith to the Clippers..Sooooo, yeah I'm gonna say he didn't sign. I think Clippers fans just wanted to start that rumor because they want a scoring replacement for Chauncey

^

laugh.gif
@ "Carmelo still winning games for the Nuggets".

laugh.gif
@ the really fat guy at the end. Everyone has one of those friends just hilarious by the way they talk.
laugh.gif

These last 2 games have been some of the most feel good basketball I have had seen from the Knicks in a minute.

Props to Lin on his epic play. I don't think this type of production will last forever but I think he's def good for 12 and 4 a game.

Jeffries is a beast on defense and is enthusiastic about doing the dirty work...he's winning me over cause of that. His offensive game tho...
sick.gif

I looks like we are slowly turning the corner in stages. Hopefully we get healthy soon and hit our stride in good timing.

Signing JR Smith would be major.

Lin > Melo
Lin and Tyson seems to have good chemistry, pause.

Happy for Asians. Finally they have a player they can root for who isn't a goofy nine footers with broken english.

Edit:

Just saw his summer camp video with the Mavs... son can DUNK!?

Back
Top Bottom