let this thread die (NYK)

I think fatigue contributed to his turnovers in the 2nd half, D'Antoni needs to give him some rest, it's his 2nd game for god sakes. Jared Jeffries is getting the ball on a consistent basis for the first time in his life due to the play of Lin, what that's telling me is he makes his teammates better, Jeffries just need to finish the basket. NO ONE, I mean NO ONE else would ever pass the ball to Jared Jeffries and make him force the issue, he's a true PG.

I think there has been an increased camaraderie among the team since Lin played big minutes in the Nets game. and you can see it with the players. They all look like they enjoy playing together, and that has been a direct effect of playing with Lin..Jared looks confident, Landry sees Lin attacking the basket which has led to him taking more shots in the paint, Tyson has looked extremely engaged and passionate offensively, and that has also translated to the defensive end. The team just looks more united than it did before Lin started getting big minutes and that's why I don't care if he continues to have big games like this. As long as he contributes and remains that "glue guy" that the team has been lacking, I'm happy.

The Jazz aren't a bad team either..They were 13-9 before tonight and the Knicks beat them without their 2 best scorers. If it wasn't for missed free throws, this game would have been wrapped up like 4-5 min before the final buzzer. If they can keep up the ball movement and Lin can continue getting the big men involved offensively, things can improve quicker than expected. Confidence is a dangerous thing in sports.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I think there has been an increased camaraderie among the team since Lin played big minutes in the Nets game. and you can see it with the players. They all look like they enjoy playing together, and that has been a direct effect of playing with Lin..Jared looks confident, Landry sees Lin attacking the basket which has led to him taking more shots in the paint, Tyson has looked extremely engaged and passionate offensively, and that has also translated to the defensive end. The team just looks more united than it did before Lin started getting big minutes and that's why I don't care if he continues to have big games like this. As long as he contributes and remains that "glue guy" that the team has been lacking, I'm happy.
On point.

That video..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Prada G

Lin > Melo
Lin and Tyson seems to have good chemistry, pause.

Happy for Asians. Finally they have a player they can root for who isn't a goofy nine footers with broken english.

Edit:

Just saw his summer camp video with the Mavs... son can DUNK!?
Pause?
eyes.gif

Anyway, many Asian Americans do feel very proud of Lin...I guess it's quite a break through for us since there arent a lot of Asian American athletes.

Yeah, Lin can dunk. In one pre-game warm up, he and Stephen Curry would take turns dunking...Curry would then bow to Lin, much like Melo
laugh.gif

gotta hand it to the kid. played with his nba job, maybe career on the line this past week(maybe others too). If you don't think he's an NBA talent by now, try to take the blinders off. You don't have to bc with as much fans he's gaining, he also gains just as many doubters....just the nature of the situation.
The guy has shown already that he make his teammates better, deflects passes, has a quick first step, plays within the system, the list goes on. He does have areas where he needs to work on, but is there any doubt he won't try to develop his game even more? The guy is still fighting for another contract after this season.

If you think about it, if he were born one year later or redshirted, he would never had gotten the chance in the league with this season's past lockout.

He even admits to the things that had to happen in order for him to get here, so let's appreciate the guy who was a zero star recruit coming out of high school for reasons known/unknown, who went up against 3 to 5 star recruits in college (where you at Stanley Robinson, Jerome Dyson, Austin Freeman, Tyrese Rice) and proved himself.  Did it in summer league, tore it up in D-League. Now he's trying to do it at this level, right now, right in front of us. Is there any other level he'll need to prove that he belongs now? 

As much as I do not prefer D'Antoni's system (seen enough of it watching Lakers/Suns matchups) I'll be watching more Knicks games now. I want to see this guy succeed while also possibly turning the Knicks season around.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

how you gonna play this guy almost the whole game tho? D'Antoni is a joke.  Toney Douglas might be trash but you can't throw him out the rotation like trash.  Lin was dead tired. They ran NO plays or sets just a high screen and roll the whole game.  I could coach the Knicks if thats all it takes
That's more or less what D'Antoni likes to do. Push the pace and run tons of pick & rolls/pops. A dream situation for any PG with court vision

Props to Lin
We need him as our starting pg, Baron Davis can come off the bench.
Bibby is not needed.

Let's face it ever since melo got here this team has regressed. We were exciting again with stat going ham playing like a beast. This dude melo brought a black hole me first take stupid jumper after stupid jumper to NYC. Takes 30 shots to score 30 points smh. We are one and done in the playoffs for ever alsong as melo is here and that's best case scenario.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 KNICKS ARE WINNING AGAIN?!?! This kid is AMAZING! Can't remember the last time I watched Knicks highlights with a big %%# smile on my face! 
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Let's face it ever since melo got here this team has regressed. We were exciting again with stat going ham playing like a beast. This dude melo brought a black hole me first take stupid jumper after stupid jumper to NYC. Takes 30 shots to score 30 points smh. We are one and done in the playoffs for ever alsong as melo is here and that's best case scenario.

I usually ignore your posts in General, but this right here has some truth to it.  The Knicks were helluva lot better with Gallo/Chandler/Felton.  At least last year everyone knew what their roles were and played to their strengths, there was spacing on the court & ball movement.  When Melo has the ball, Amare just stands around a lot of the time and he has to force the issue a lot since he's not put in a good position to score. 

I'm hoping that it'll change with a real PG or Lin directing the O, but it's Melo that causes the offense to be stagnant a lot of the times, there's no movement when he's Iso'ing...  not to mention his shooting this yr has been awful and he's been jacking so many 3's that he shouldn't be taking.  

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

eek.gif
KNICKS ARE WINNING AGAIN?!?! This kid is AMAZING! Can't remember the last time I watched Knicks highlights with a big %%# smile on my face! 
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  yesterday was the first time in a while i rushed home from the gym to catch the Knicks game from beginning to end.

laugh.gif

so ~this w/o Melo

[table][tr][td] Wed 08[/td][td] @ Washington  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_NBATV.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 10[/td][td] vs LA Lakers [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sat 11[/td][td] @ Minnesota  [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Tue 14[/td][td] @ Toronto  [/td][td] 7:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Wed 15[/td][td] vs Sacramento [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Fri 17[/td][td] vs New Orleans [/td][td] 8:00pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] 
broadcast_ESPN.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Sun 19[/td][td] vs Dallas [/td][td] 1:00pm[/td][td] [/td][td] 
broadcast_ABC.gif
[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] Mon 20[/td][td] vs New Jersey [/td][td] 7:30pm[/td][td] MSG[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
that long crawl to .500

The only one of those games where the Knicks may have matchup problems is against the Lakers (none of our guards can defend Kobe if their life depended on it.Plus the game is in MSG so we know Kobe is going HAM)..and the Mavs because Amar'e can't defend Dirk..But at the same time, Dirk can't guard Amar'e either and I know Tyson is gonna play hard as hell that game against his former team. Knicks couldn't have gotten any luckier with Melo missing 1-2 weeks.

Side note-anyone notice that Fields has been playing better with Lin on the team? I think he played horribly because he didn't have someone he could chill with once Andy got traded. Then suddenly another goofy nerd is signed to the team and this dude is having the best 2-3 week span of his short career
laugh.gif

Also, when is Amar'e gonna return? Idk if he requested extra days to stay with his family or if he's planning to start playing right away to get his mind off the tragedy..I'm hoping he returns because the team is not gonna keep winning with Jeffries starting at PF..Especially when we play dudes like Kevin Love. Amar'e can keep the ball movement going and put another scorer on the floor. Plus, Jeffries was out there way too long against the Jazz so he's better suited playing when he's more rested.

Had Melo not got hurt you think Lin would've had that kind of game? That man had the Knicks looking real good last night, turned you bums to a team. 

Back
Top Bottom