let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Is anyone else a little bit worried about Melo hurting Lins game when he comes back?

If the Knicks were smart they would ship Melo for some more pieces.If I was a Knick fan I would not want Melo close to Lin on the court. Straight up.

Don't be foolish...

You can't teach what Melo has...

He'll have to adjust...

Originally Posted by tim teufel

At the end of the day melo will be the odd man out. Don't see it working with him

Yea cosign on that but hopefully he can adapt his game. 
Catch and shoot Melo, catch and shoot... The game would be so much easier for you..

Couldn't watch all of the 4th but caught it on the radio.

I now see he can at the very least be consistent against pgs, especially the crappier ones and is relentless after the defense cuts off him going right, stops his dribble early on the pick, or falls back and gives him the jumper. He'll just keep playing his game and being a huge impact in helping other dudes play well. He got Fields making passes, Shump is now allowed to play his role as a decent 2 guard with great defense, and Jeffries scoring in double digits
eek.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Walker still a bum though.

Melo doesn't adjust...he still gonna call for isolation plays knowing he ain't hot.

Melo came to the Knicks to be the man.

Originally Posted by chino905

Word, might be a big problem to resign him next year. Other teams gonna offer him crazy money.
they can't

it's the Gilbert Arenas provision

teams saw that it wasn't fair for guys like Arenas and Boozer to get drafted in the 2nd round, then sign huge deals sooner, because they weren't locked into 1st round 4-year contracts, so the most a player with 2 years experience can get off their rookie contract is the MLE.

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Is anyone else a little bit worried about Melo hurting Lins game when he comes back?

If the Knicks were smart they would ship Melo for some more pieces.If I was a Knick fan I would not want Melo close to Lin on the court. Straight up.

Don't be foolish...

You can't teach what Melo has...

He'll have to adjust...
This whole thing has more to do with Melo not being there as opposed to Lin. Melo has not adjusted his whole career, even when Lin was playing when Melo was out there the tempo was slow and everyone watched.
He sits and the ball movement and TRUST is there, this roster is full of guys who want to run.

Guys like Amare, Fields etc play better without Melo on the floor. Roster looks good without him and look tentative with him on the field, as if they have to defer.

Catch and shoot Melo, catch and shoot... The game would be so much easier for you..

Not his game, nor is his game to run off screens, he needs to dominate the ball.

There should be a mixture. Having Jeremy run every play would be predictable and would wear him out. Melo should still get some iso plays because he's a great iso scorer. He should also play off Jeremy. There is a such thing as different plays for different moments in the game. It all depends on what we need for that moment.

them muh effers better learn how to make it work. especially now they have someone that has some sort of passing skill. I mean him dropping 25 aint gonna last forever but the passing and decision making wont disappear.
so Melo and STAT better get with the program.

Melo is literally gonna get run out of town if he comes here tryna stop the ball. Maybe front office wont ship him this year but the fans are gonna give him HELL. Thats IF he comes back doing the same catch/stand around/shoot routine..LETS BE OPTIMISTIC HE BUYS IN.

damn i just remembered that charge call he drew on barnes. what a way to step up man, he deserves all the props hes getting league-wide.

LIN IS AMAZING.

I'm a believer...even if he doesn't score 30 a game, the kid can ball. Really good story. the biggest onus will be on Melo. He's the one clogging the offense. not really worried about Amare since he's more PG dependent than anyone else on the roster that we need. Lin also les Shump play his natural 2 guard position.

However, Knicks fans are buggin if you think we trade Melo. You need players like him during the playoffs. Stop it.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Melo is literally gonna get run out of town if he comes here tryna stop the ball. Maybe front office wont ship him this year but the fans are gonna give him HELL. Thats IF he comes back doing the same catch/stand around/shoot routine..LETS BE OPTIMISTIC HE BUYS IN.

Melo just needs to get open and be ready to shoot when Lin runs a pick and roll with chandler or jeffries and kicks it out

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I been trying to say this.

Melo needs D'antoni here so badly.
He's already gonna miss Toney out there.
When Pringles goes, Melo will become the most hated Knick. It's already happening. We know basketball to well to sip that kool-aid. He can't even hold the ball for more than a couple seconds without hearing it and God forbid he ask for the ball after he's been standing 30ft away for a few seconds without moving. If he doesn't move, we don't respect him touching the ball. If he doesn't catch and shoot in rhythm, we don't respect his iso's. If he doesn't slash to the basket, set screens, drive the ball, dish the ball, take good shots in the rhythm of the offense and learn when he's allowed to take over and when he has to trust him teammates...it's gonna get nasty. We won't respect that 'ehhhhh Melo was off, it happens' at all. I think he'll change, because there ain't a crucible like the NYK fans.

and I love Lin.
God's son across the belly.
Soy Sauce

Back
Top Bottom