let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Melo doesn't adjust...he still gonna call for isolation plays knowing he ain't hot.

Melo came to the Knicks to be the man.

Please don't speak on what you have no idea about. Melo has the capability to be a decent point forward, but not in a shortened season with no training camp. That was never his role for a solid 8 years, so it's hard to jump into. The Denver Nuggets had one of the fastest paced teams in the league when Melo was there (particularly w/ Andre Miller). If everyone else is moving, Melo will flourish. He's a classic small forward more than a "Lebron" (which has always been the biggest knock on him). Now, it seems can get back to doing what he does best, which is put that ball in the hoop efficiently and consistently (once averaged 28 ppg and only had three 40 pt games that season). I still think it would be smart to use Melo as a point forward for minimal stretches, but ultimately it needs to be in a true point guard's hands. All he has to do is stay dedicated on defense, which has always been his biggest weakness. Hopefully Chandler will keep him in line on that front. 
If Melo steps back in and screws this up, feel free to quote me, clown me, etc...  I'm just speaking as a guy that has watched him his entire career. The Knicks are in for a solid run after the All-Star break. Mark my words. 

Melo can avg 25+ easy if he buys in. If Lin is still wildin Melo will get a lot of 1 on 1.
Melo just coast through the first 3 quarter, middle 4th and on is his time.

I seen a good game from Lin but not 38 pts.

The Bandwagon is about to get full again.

Do ya'll Knicks fans understand what Melo has been asked to do this year? He was told to play PG...POINT GUARD. When Billups got to Denver he played fine with KMART and chucker JR Smith.

The onus is on Melo. When the teams is winning without you AND looking like they're genuinely having fun without fear of being screamed on, it says a lot.

I always believed we got Melo to make a deep run In the playoffs. Son is a lethal scorer, regardless of how you cut it. I have my feelings about the trade and wished Donnie wasn't overrode by Dolan...but when you get a player like Melo, you make the move. Melo needs to adjust to the offense and learn how to trust his teammates. Without the ball having to be glued to his hands for us to win games, it cuts down on his turnovers and forced shots. He has a pg to give him the rock for quick moves in the post and he should be a lock for a lotta free throw attempts with his ability. Amare is even more dependent on a PG and I expect him to get a few more points with how Lin is playing. Don't expect Lin to keep on this scoring tear, but the dimes he'll dish are worth it. MrONegative is right. Melo won't have anymore excuses anymore. Lin already uses the P/R extensively with Chandler and they'll have to learn how to space the floor for Amare to dive

I'm mostly worried about fatigue with him. Baron isn't coming back anytime soon and he plays heavy minutes.

Go back about 40 pages I said knicks will be a 500 team by the time melo gets back then they will start to lose once again with him in the lineup. Then what ...

Melo should be ok as long he isn't out there with Lin & Shump.

They need at least one shooter out there with Melo.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by gllahone84

Melo doesn't adjust...he still gonna call for isolation plays knowing he ain't hot.

Melo came to the Knicks to be the man.

Please don't speak on what you have no idea about. Melo has the capability to be a decent point forward, but not in a shortened season with no training camp. That was never his role for a solid 8 years, so it's hard to jump into. The Denver Nuggets had one of the fastest paced teams in the league when Melo was there (particularly w/ Andre Miller). If everyone else is moving, Melo will flourish. He's a classic small forward more than a "Lebron" (which has always been the biggest knock on him). Now, it seems can get back to doing what he does best, which is put that ball in the hoop efficiently and consistently (once averaged 28 ppg and only had three 40 pt games that season). I still think it would be smart to use Melo as a point forward for minimal stretches, but ultimately it needs to be in a true point guard's hands. All he has to do is stay dedicated on defense, which has always been his biggest weakness. Hopefully Chandler will keep him in line on that front. 
If Melo steps back in and screws this up, feel free to quote me, clown me, etc...  I'm just speaking as a guy that has watched him his entire career. The Knicks are in for a solid run after the All-Star break. Mark my words. 

Dude the Knicks were garbage with Melo...before the injury and after. The only reason they are relevant now is because of Lin.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I can play all year round. You "kids" have to worry about school and what not.

Shutup boy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'd prefer it not to be in Queens in the first place. I still don't know how Mez bamboozled everybody into making that original spot SMH.
roll.gif

I'm still TRYING to hold out on hopping on the bandwagon, but dude is amazing.  What a !*#%##$ game, 38 on the Lakers? Speechless

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I'm down.

*Looks at Los, Fresh, Mez, Penny, "#NT" *
nerd.gif

It's been a while.

Lol, you have zero faith in your team? Who do we have that's guarding Kobe? You do realize he loves playing us IN MSG.
grin.gif

its a back to back and we just played OT. players gonna be tired and every team plays the lakers tough
our big 3 all played over 40 minutes yesterday. kobe played 43... you see how putrid our bench is? lol dead last in ppg

gonna just quote myself

Point taken, I honestly still thought you guys would win that game just because of our recent history vs the Lakers in our building.

Melo n Amar'e will not make this team worse when they come back..I know more people are saying Melo will be the problem than people are discussing Amar'e, but that's just ridiculous. Yeah, the ball movement is great without Melo and the team is having fun. But Lin was NOT the starter when Melo was healthy. You can't compare the 2..You can compare Knicks with Melo while Lin is the starter, and Knicks without Melo with Lin as the starter. However, it is completely unfair to say the Knicks with Lin starting and no Melo is better than the Knicks without Lin starting and Melo. That's comparing apples and oranges.

Anyways, goddamn Lin is bringing so much excitement back to this franchise. Am I tripping or are Knicks fans more excited that Lin is so successful than we were when Melo started against the Bucks?
laugh.gif
Sure seems like it.

Dolan is watching Lin succeeding, while looking at the ticket prices and thinking..

25qbvdg.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Anyways, goddamn Lin is bringing so much excitement back to this franchise. Am I tripping or are Knicks fans more excited that Lin is so successful than we were when Melo started against the Bucks?
laugh.gif
Sure seems like it.

Not at all...Melo coming felt like a wedding at a funeral, and just barely beating the Bucks on Coming Home night <<<< this last week, game after game.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Go back about 40 pages I said knicks will be a 500 team by the time melo gets back then they will start to lose once again with him in the lineup. Then what ...

Just don't go crazy after the first 2 games. Jeremy Lin hasn't been there much, but I think he and Melo will have enough "half-time film sessions" to clean things up. Melo thrives off of a penetrating PG and Lin always speaks about getting the ball to people in the right spot and adjusting to their game. I've got a feelin'... Wooo-hoooo 

Originally Posted by rashi

Do ya'll Knicks fans understand what Melo has been asked to do this year? He was told to play PG...POINT GUARD. When Billups got to Denver he played fine with KMART and chucker JR Smith.
That's Knicks fans for you...
Trust us. Some of us don't blame Melo. I'm just glad that we found a POINT GUARD. Douglas is terrible since his second year. Shumpert is more a 2-guard. The best thing about Melo is that Melo completely trusts Lin. I mean Melo allowed Lin taking over the game in the fourth quarter against the Nets. That says something man. Melo knows he lost some games for the Knicks this season. He even admitted it after losing to the Nuggets game. D'Antoni said Melo and Lin can co-exist. I hope he's right for god's sake. 

Now teams can't double. You gonna double Lin? Melo is banging that mid range. You gonna double Melo? Lin is getting to the hoop. Double Amar'e? Now Tyson is open for that lob pass from Lin. He single handedly makes the Knicks tougher to guard

What do you mean 'blame Melo'?

Who hasn't been putting all the blame on Dolan, Grunwald, Pringles, Toney, Fields, Bibby and STAT?

We know Melo got hurt and got asked to shoot us into games and play point-forward.

We're just talking about what we saw during the Nets game. Now that we have a real point guard, Melo ball won't fly anymore. Nobody blames Melo, they blame our personnel and coach. It's just wondering how Lin and Melo are gonna mesh, because the first time wasn't pretty for Melo.

I want to see Lin take the mid range jumper a bit more. He clearly has it in his arsenal. He still cant really blow by people on the regular which has caused some turnovers. But his instincts are really good.Otherwise, the guys just like playing with him. That says it all.Anxious to see Melo and Amare back in the mix with him.

I cant stand all this ditch Melo talk....

Literally a week ago... TRADE STAT, he aint the same. hes dead weight. Ship him out. Now yall cant wait for him to comeback.. Now instead its ditch Melo. trade him. 

ridiculous... and have who? BILLY WALKER as our SF? HA.. Laughable... 

Like dude said.. Melo was given the task to do everything .. 

How about yall wait and see now that we have a competent PG on the floor... eh?

Back
Top Bottom