let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by arrjae2

ayo proph,
get ready to update the fan list...
laugh.gif
word

sick.gif
@ the trolls and pessimistic Knick fans basically guaranteeing we'll start losing when Melo gets back and that we should trade him. Disgusting. I hope yall stay that way for his 3 years here. You'd think guys have only seen play this way his whole career.

Not even trying to defend Pringles but it's more than obvious now that his system works.

Looking at our schedule no reason we can't have an 8 game winning streak if we win tomorrow even when Melo & STAT come back with the games after until reach Dallas and to me that game is winnable so we could win out for the rest of the month with our toughest games being against ATL and MIA.

For many people wonder if Knicks can resign Lin and/or Fields this off-season. Here's an excellent article...

[h2]The Contract Statuses of Jeremy Lin and Landry Fields (2/9/12 Update)[/h2]
February 8th, 2012 by Brian Cronin | @Brian_Cronin | Comments | Permalink |

[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, sans-serif]While obviously it is too soon to tell if Jeremy Lin is going to continue his standout play for the New York Knicks, I figured that there was enough uncertainty among the readers about Lin’s future status with the Knicks that I would detail the situation (and discuss Landry Fields’ future, as well).[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, sans-serif]The Knicks are about to guarantee Jeremy Lin’s full salary, which is a one-year contract for roughly $800,000. Landy Fields, meanwhile, is on the second year of a two-year contract paying him roughly $800,000 a year. Both Lin and Fields will be free agents at the end of this season.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, sans-serif]Before I discuss anything, note that the Knicks are over the salary cap for next season but will not be at the luxury tax level. Therefore, they will have both the Bi-Annual Exception (roughly $2 million) and the full mid-level (roughly $5 million) as exceptions (on top of the ability to pay any free agent the minimum salary for that player, which is how they signed Baron Davis and Mike Bibby).[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, tahoma, sans-serif]Now on to Lin and Fields. Lin and Fields are both eligible for the so-called “Early Bird Exception.[/font]

does any other REAL KNICK FAN on here feel grateful the way Lin is going to be able to progress in our system?

1) Play garbage minutes and get your feet wet with Melo/Amare/Tyson
2) Play major minutes and do well without Melo and Amare around
3) Start at PG and PLAY AMAZING without Melo and Amare
4) Start at PG and play with Amare/Tyson at the big positions
5) Start at PG with Melo/Amare/Tyson

I could not have asked for anything better for this dude... he is getting a wonderful addition of minutes and a surrounding cast to develop as a player while setting the tone with the talent we got on this squad...

Knicks can win a championship this year... yeah I said it

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

sick.gif
@ the trolls and pessimistic Knick fans basically guaranteeing we'll start losing when Melo gets back and that we should trade him. Disgusting. 
WORD!
the only thing that was 'hurting' us was the lack of a true point guard. Lin sets up the plays, is calm/ takes his time and gets everyone to their place. now for Melo, to go back to being Melo and same with Stat. the only reason Melo held the ball was bc our lack of a pg.

if Lin keeps it up (which im sure he will) I'm excited for when Stat and Melo come back...

grin.gif

Ha, my cousin tonight made me start to root hard for Lin.

Dude was going insane, had me rolling on the floor with his reactions when Lin would do anything.

4 in a row, NYK brethren!!!!

If anything I expect Lin to be averaging 10-14 assists a game once they come back.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

Heat  Thunder vs Knicks in the playoffs finals
pimp.gif
Seriously I can't wait til we see the Thunder again just to see Westbrook's face when Lin starts going in
laugh.gif

watched the game at work as i usually do and my screaming caused people to watch with me.

by the end of the game there was like 10 of us all huddled watching the game screaming everytime this kid did his thing
pimp.gif

love how things are shaping up

Seriously I can't wait til we see the Thunder again just to see Westbrook's face when Lin starts going in
laugh.gif
I hope I'm wrong, but I see OKC giving the Knicks major problems.
haha i see both of you but i was just pointing out the rivalry from the 90s... childs game 7 vs the heat 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by arrjae2

sick.gif
@ the trolls and pessimistic Knick fans basically guaranteeing we'll start losing when Melo gets back and that we should trade him. Disgusting. 
WORD!
the only thing that was 'hurting' us was the lack of a true point guard. Lin sets up the plays, is calm/ takes his time and gets everyone to their place. now for Melo, to go back to being Melo and same with Stat. the only reason Melo held the ball was bc our lack of a pg.

if Lin keeps it up (which im sure he will) I'm excited for when Stat and Melo come back...

grin.gif
I agree this trade Melo/Melo hate is much, but it ain't peachy when they get back.
We still got real shooting problems.

Steve Kerrvak is nice, but where is he finding minutes when Stat and Melo get back?
Landry still can't shoot,
Shump can't shoot,
Toney can go die,
Bibby is the walking dead....

We still need a 2-guard shooter.......JR Swish
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Now teams can't double. You gonna double Lin? Melo is banging that mid range. You gonna double Melo? Lin is getting to the hoop. Double Amar'e? Now Tyson is open for that lob pass from Lin. He single handedly makes the Knicks tougher to guard
exactly and this is why the knicks are way better with melo and amare back.... now they got a true pg... he wont put up the same stats points wise but now they have that pg that will feed melo and amare the ball and the whole team.... he will definitely get his especially on assists.... i see him averaging 12-14 points 8 assists once those two guys come back... i just hope the offense is good as it is now if not better....
and as much as yall hate on douglas why shouldnt he be playing? just like jeffries hes great at what he does and not what he doesn't do...jeffries does all the dirty work but sucks on offense and douglas is not a point guard but knows how to score when in the right spot and he will be set up now with lin.... so why shouldn't he not play? bibby is garbage and i dont get why we signed him and mike playing him makes my eyes sore because hes just that garbage... why can't douglas be the third guard on the team and just bench bibby?

Now to see how focused Amare becomes. Hopefully he isn't distracted by the loss, because he and Lin can be ugly.

As for Melo. I honestly don't know what to expect when he gets back. I can see it going both ways right now.
ohwell.gif

JR is a black hole and a head case. His sister is fighting people in stands in China. MSG is big on image, no way he comes here.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

JR is a black hole and a head case. His sister is fighting people in stands in China. MSG is big on image, no way he comes here.

I agree
ohwell.gif
but we don't have many options.

Let it go and see what happens...wait for Landry or Shump to get consistent (which I got real doubts)...

Try and find help....right now JR is the easiest person to get.
If we could trade say...TD, (+Bibby) Walker and cash for the rights to Aaron Brooks, I would love it. But the Suns hate us.

There's no one else.
laugh.gif

I can see JR work here. Seems like management wants him here, he's considering it and AlanHahn thinks it's a lock. We need his scoring ability imo cuz Fields, Shump, and Walker's jumpers are not consistent.

laugh.gif
I hope I'm wrong, but I see OKC giving the Knicks major problems.
Oh for sure. KD and Russ are pretty unguardable, a lot of what Russ does will fall on how Tyson plays him in the paint and we'll probably double KD but I just want to see how Russ reacts once Lin starts scoring
laugh.gif
Yall know how he is. They already beat us once this season.

Damn just checked we only see them that one time, so only way we see them again is if we both meet in the finals
laugh.gif
Gotta wait until next season, I guess.

EDIT

Please no lobbying for TD. I'm fine with Bibby's corpse out there taking open shots and giving Lin rest. He's a decent enough stop-gap until Baron is healthy. Then we can cut him, trade TD and Walker, and sigh JR.

What's said about our threats with Lin being so solid and consistent is perfect reason why when Melo comes back things will still work, if not better than before. He won't be struggling to score once healthy and there'll be no reason why he can't kick it back out to Lin so he can set something up if he doesn't have a good shot.

Amare will fit in JUST fine when he returns, same he did just fine before Melo arrived (when the team had depth and trust).

Melo, I don't see him in the big picture, they haven't looked good ever since he has been here.....everyone watches him and the ball stops moving (record speaks for itself)

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Melo, I don't see him in the big picture, they haven't looked good ever since he has been here.....everyone watches him and the ball stops moving (record speaks for itself)
Do you know why that is though? From the start of this season Melo has yet to really play his game.

It sure as hell isn't pass it to him on every possession in the 4th quarter or playing hurt or being a point forward.
Originally Posted by endemic415

warriors and knicks, cant wait
You'll be waiting for next season for that too. They beat us by the way in like our first week of the season.

Only teams that Lin got cut by that we'll be playing where Lin is playing is Dallas (we don't even see HOU rest of the season either).

Damn our March and April schedule is tough
30t6p3b.gif
Really looks like Stern set it up so that we'd suceed with the early weak schedule and come a bit down to Earth when all we face our playoff teams.

Back
Top Bottom