let this thread die (NYK)

Ramon Sessions is a bum. He looked good when we saw him last year because he was being defended by Toney "KeepBackingUpUntilYourOpponentScores" Douglas, and old man Chauncey. Watch him against actual young and athletic PGs and you'll see how bad he is.

I think I'll take Sessions over TD. Nah, I know it.

So is plan A Baron? Cuz if plan B gets rid of Toney I'm still for executing it.

Would love Martin at this point since he'd be a  solid backup 4 that plays both sides of the ball well. I'd only welcome JR if Fields starts playing like crap again and I'm assured Walker loses most of his minutes.

Glen does need to make a move soon though. I felt we would've benefited from a shake up during the losing streak.

Why would the Knicks sign TD to an extension just to trade him though? Knicks management obviously likes him so I don't see why they'd do that.

With JR I think we have a really good shot to sign him . Yea we only have the 2.5 but the bobcats and kings are like the only two teams that are under the cap from what I understand. Yea theirs contenders like Miami and Chicago who can also offer him the 2.5 but we are the only team that can offer him the starting job from the jump and give him the opportunity to chuck as much as he wants. I believe Kenyon or Smith will be with us in a couple weeks

So you wanna sign JR Smith with the mentality that he can "chuck as much as he wants?"
laugh.gif
He's a great scorer and a 3 point threat but I would want him on the team with the mindset of team basketball, not "lemme get my stats up" basketball..We complain that Melo needs to move the ball around but we're comfortable with JR Smith jacking up shots?

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

So you wanna sign JR Smith with the mentality that he can "chuck as much as he wants?"
laugh.gif
He's a great scorer and a 3 point threat but I would want him on the team with the mindset of team basketball, not "lemme get my stats up" basketball..We complain that Melo needs to move the ball around but we're comfortable with JR Smith jacking up shots?

Melo will feed JR more than he would Fields. JR is a better shooter. If we had JR for the Denver game, Melo would have kicked it out to him instead of looking off Shump and Fields in the closing seconds.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

laugh.gif

Melo will feed JR more than he would Fields. JR is a better shooter. If we had JR for the Denver game, Melo would have kicked it out to him instead of looking off Shump and Fields in the closing seconds.

JR Smith and Melo has won 50+ games in Denver numerous times with his chucking tendencies im not worrying about JR's chucking at all. Melo trusts him and feels comfortable with him taking a big shot when he's doubled . Not only that he would be the best perimeter defender on the team outside of Shumpert and give us a true SG and scorer.

IanBegley Ian Begley
To clarify on Baron Davis, D'Antoni later said he went thru 5 on 0 drill today but could not have taken contact due to back soreness.

Yo im deadass starting to feel like he won't play a game for us at all

Baron's original diagnosis before he got signed was about 8 weeks/after the All Star Break before he returns...The season started December 25 meaning it's been about 6 weeks..The media tricked us into getting excited that he'd have an "early return" even though he never personally said he could return earlier than expected.

No diss... but a system like D'Antoni's is exactly what JR DOESN'T Need
laugh.gif

One that has no structure no accountability with players fighting for shots... Add in JR Smith... Yeeeaaaaa... That bodes well for ALL PARTIES INVOLVED
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You just want him in Chicago fool, hush

That's all it's about
laugh.gif

Its no secret I want him to play for us, but honestly think about it for a second. 

A system in which Melo takes 5-6 3's per game without thinking... What do you think JR's going to do? 
roll.gif

He's putting up atleast 8-9 and is likely to shoot from "MADISON SQUARE GARDEN" 3-4x's per game.  Furthermore y'all won't even get what Karl got out of him in terms of effort.  Tell me I'm Lying?
grin.gif

1. You don't think Tyson would put a boot up his %+* if he starts feeling himself too much?
2. Have you heard of Toney Douglas?

1) Do you think JR WGAF especially seeing everyone else who don't shoot as well as him shoot as much as they do?
2) Are you seriously comparing Tony to JR in terms of the ability to go nut?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You just want him in Chicago fool, hush

That's all it's about
laugh.gif

Its no secret I want him to play for us, but honestly think about it for a second. 

A system in which Melo takes 5-6 3's per game without thinking... What do you think JR's going to do? 
roll.gif

He's putting up atleast 8-9 and is likely to shoot from "MADISON SQUARE GARDEN" 3-4x's per game.  Furthermore y'all won't even get what Karl got out of him in terms of effort.  Tell me I'm Lying?
grin.gif

I don't think Dantoni can get effort out of anybody to be honest. As long as he can still shoot if he comes here ill be happy. Good to great coaches make players play at higher levels Dantoni is neither

JR would only be here for the rest of the season not multiple years anyway. Not much risk if yall dudes want Pringles fired.

Let him jack up as many 3s as he wants. Maybe that'll stop other guys from being so trigger happy. Also yeah Pringles won't get effort out of guys and there's no accountability but lets not act like there isn't a Pringles dog house. If JR acts up too much and is even uncoachable for D'Antoni, he'll just bench him and not play him much just like Nate.

The season he benched Nate, there were no expectations for the Knicks to do a damn thing..This is a season where the Knicks wanna make a playoff run and not get knocked out in the 1st round..If you're gonna pursue someone now, you have to ensure that they're going to contribute to improving the team..I love JR and I DO want him on this team, but I just don't like him on the squad with D'Antoni running the show..Yeah, Melo and JR coexisted in Denver in the past, but George Karl is better at preaching ball movement and team ball than D'Antoni is..If you swapped coaches and Pringles coached the Nuggets, with their lack of a star he would have that team playing .500 ball..They'd be jacking up 3s and Ty Lawson would be playing 40+ min a night

Back
Top Bottom