let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by DeeNyce

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

yeah, you stuff it jeremy, you stuff it like a wonton dumpling.

unnecessarily racist

"yeah you pick that steal wall, you pick it like cotton"

just saying
Tired of all these comments that has to do with his ethnicity. Yes, Asian people eat dumplings, but do all Asian people eat dumplings, no. That's like saying, "yeah, you steal that ball Wall, you steal it like a car"

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

2vumsqr.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

single-handedly saving d'antoni's career
I beg to differ, if anything just shows you how good the offensive system is when we actually have a guy who can move the ball around, and there are no black holes (err Melo) playing right now. @*%* even Duhon had a 16 assist game in this offense.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Stop it with this system crap. You don't need dantoni to run a bunch of pick and rolls and stretch the floor with shooters

Dantoni brings far more negatives than positives. You think dantoni made Lin determined to keep working and somehow gave the kid court vision?

A week ago he said Lin wasn't part of our plans

$+*@ him
agreed for the most part.
& If Lin shows up and performs like he has when he goes up against a sturdy Laker defense then ill believe.

Like others have said its a fun show to watch and encouraging. Hes doing his thing past 3 games and puttin up those numbers isnt no fluke and wont take it away from homie. Breath of fresh air... But again. its the Jazz, Nets, & Wiz...

We'll see...

Exactly, lets not acv like Duhon widnt have a 30/20 game out there...I like the kid, he's good but I'm not sold yet. We played the Wizards, who are composed of a bunch of tards.

Regardless, its fun watchin dude play right now.

Yeah those dumpling and Asian comments are pretty corny. Notice no one says a word tho but if it were a black player dudes would be throwing a fit in here lulz

If lin can't lead us past the lakers at least he will help us beat the teams that we are supposed to. Like the wizards and bobcats of the league

Originally Posted by warriors510

unnecessarily racist

just saying
Tired of all these comments that has to do with his ethnicity. Yes, Asian people eat dumplings, but do all Asian people eat dumplings, no. That's like saying, "yeah, you steal that ball Wall, you steal it like a car"
Just saying all of my cookin with that wok, soy sauce, beef lo mein with a band-aid in it comments are meant for humor going at the constant focus of him being Asian American. Not weak attempts to be clever and funny while out right saying racist/stereotypical things
laugh.gif
Didn't hear the Wiz commentators but the posts just seemed wrong and unprofessional

Who knows how effective Lin is gunna be on the pick and roll with amare when u have Tyson clogging the paint.

I'm loving his game so far though and I've been enjoying watching this style of basketball more than Melo hog ball. Hopefully with what seems to be the answer to our PG problem Melo can find a way to work with Lin instead of Lin deferring to the talent, ego, and superstardom of
Melo like Amare has done.

Does anyone know any place that sells Lin Knicks Swingman jerseys? I got one of his Swingmans from the Warriors Team Store last year. Only option I know of is to customize a swingman jersey off nbastore.

^ thats the only way. hes too new of a player to have the jerseys in stock available for purchase. they only have those for 3-4 players a team...unless its at the actual home game, but i doubt they even have them there. they're definitely trying to bust them out right now tho

Lin pick and roll with Amare or Chandler should be very deadly.  Lin pick and rolled with Jefferies and made him look decent just imagine what Amare will look like.  I really don't see how Melo can fit into all this but the way I see it Melo is only effective when it's ISO so it kind of slows things down 
ohwell.gif
.  We'll see though.  Lakers will be a big test for Lin.  

Originally Posted by throwback1718

If lin can't lead us past the lakers at least he will help us beat the teams that we are supposed to. Like the wizards and bobcats of the league
You right. Sure is a step up from Douglas...
The vibe im getting though with all the Lin stuff.. Is that hes OUR/THAT guy now. The diamond in the rough that will be our team PG for the long term...

And i know im not alone on this, is that im not buying into all that only after 3 games against doodoo teams... Im not sold.

keep givein him his minutes. See how he does when he goes up against sturdy defenses. If he doesnt do so hot, lets see how he mentally recovers... is he gonna be like "Damn, my run is over" *crawls back into a shell and becomes par at best.. or does he come back and giv the "Its just 1 game. lets do this tonight" type attitude and does his thing again...

What good to us is if really is just a "rental" type PG... if you get what im saying...

We'll see...

Plus we have to wait and see how he coexists with Melo & Stat on the floor... 

If he can be a consistent PG and coexsist with Melo, STAT & TC... WATCH OUT! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

^ thats the only way. hes too new of a player to have the jerseys in stock available for purchase. they only have those for 3-4 players a team...unless its at the actual home game, but i doubt they even have them there. they're definitely trying to bust them out right now tho

Lol that's what the Warriors did. There was a time where they only had Lin, Ellis, and Curry home swingmans on their site for sale.

Knicks can win with Lin AND Melo..Lin solves our Pick n Roll/ball movement/penetration issues (pause) but besides that, Melo can go back to being himself. He was struggling because he was expected to score 20+ points, AND play defense on dudes like LeBron, Durant, etc AND do his usual 7+ rebounds a game thing. D'Antoni threw Lin out there with the mentality of "get everyone involved offensively, including Tyson"..Lin could have 10 assists, 0 points, and 0 rebounds and nobody would give a damn as long as the team won. If Melo had 10 assists, 2 rebounds, 6 points on a nightly basis and the Knicks won, nobody would be cool with that. This guy isn't getting paid $20mil a year to be dropping anything less than 25ish a night.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by youngin33

D'Antoni's system obviously works, we saw that in Phoenix although they never won it all.

Knicks look great with Lin and terrible with Stoudemire and Melo, better figure it out soon with these "superstars"...
You have to add in the constants of Pringles and his system and the fact that outside of the first 20 games Melo and STAT have played without a real pg. When they're healthy and are in midseason rhythm I see no reason why Lin-Melo-STAT-Tyson can't keep winning.

People need to keep in mind that so far Knicks are beating teams they're suppose to beat even if Melo and STAT were playing. That's why I find all the ppl getting too hype funny and the ppl clamoring for trades of our stars extra stupid. It's simply yall just got too down when we were losing when so far this season is mirroring last season when we were losing and then we had a guy on our team become a spark (Fields then, Lin now) and we started winning.

Yeah yeah, I keep hearing that "were beating teams were suppose to" argument, but Lin is doing this 20+ points and 8+ assists against GOOD PG's. Dwill and Wall?
pimp.gif

And yeah, not including the Jazz pg, whoever that is.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

unnecessarily racist

just saying

laugh.gif
Agreed some of the stuff towards Lin is racially insensitive, but what you just said is completely idiotic.  I wants no part of this though, I see the downward slope taking place and ya'll should keep this !+!# out the knicks thread, initial comments and rebuttal.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

D'Antoni's system obviously works, we saw that in Phoenix although they never won it all.

Knicks look great with Lin and terrible with Stoudemire and Melo, better figure it out soon with these "superstars"...
You have to add in the constants of Pringles and his system and the fact that outside of the first 20 games Melo and STAT have played without a real pg. When they're healthy and are in midseason rhythm I see no reason why Lin-Melo-STAT-Tyson can't keep winning.

People need to keep in mind that so far Knicks are beating teams they're suppose to beat even if Melo and STAT were playing. That's why I find all the ppl getting too hype funny and the ppl clamoring for trades of our stars extra stupid. It's simply yall just got too down when we were losing when so far this season is mirroring last season when we were losing and then we had a guy on our team become a spark (Fields then, Lin now) and we started winning.

Yeah yeah, I keep hearing that "were beating teams were suppose to" argument, but Lin is doing this 20+ points and 8+ assists against GOOD PG's. Dwill and Wall?
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Devin Harris?

I did not see the game tonight but..Jeremy Lin, Chris Duhon, Ray Felton, Steve Nash and Leandro Barbosa are making Toney Douglas look like the worst player in the history of organized basketball.

Originally Posted by d5

Lin pick and roll with Amare or Chandler should be very deadly.  Lin pick and rolled with Jefferies and made him look decent just imagine what Amare will look like.  I really don't see how Melo can fit into all this but the way I see it Melo is only effective when it's ISO so it kind of slows things down 
ohwell.gif
.  We'll see though.  Lakers will be a big test for Lin.  

There's really no way for Melo to coexist on a team with a backcourt of Lin & Shump with an ice cold (from 3) Fields coming off the bench.
He won't have any room to do anything.

we obviously have a championship team w/o melo and amar'e

trade melo and amar'e for some role players

/championship

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Exactly like Deron isn't an elite point guard? If you want to use the the argument that we are winning against teams we were suppose to you can't forget that we also lost those game in the past with Melo and Stat playing against GSW, Toronto, Bobcats, Bucks, Suns, Denver(we gave up half the roster to get Melo we should win against them), Cavs and Rockets. Those are teams we were suppose to win against with 2 max contract superstars but we didn't. Not to mention Jazz beat the Lakers the other day so they aren't that bad. Lin is balling and I don't care how we get the wins but if we continue to get it I'm happy.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

we obviously have a championship team w/o melo and amar'e

trade melo and amar'e for some role players

/championship

Obvious sarcasm is obvious

Back
Top Bottom