let this thread die (NYK)

I will say this though, although it's obvious as hell.

He needs to cut down on the TOs... He drives alot, leaves his feet and gets caught in the air which leaves him vulnerable to the majority of his TOs.

I know he watches game film, I'm assuming with the more reps he gets he'll see what he's doing wrong and reduce those mental mistakes.

And I agree with whoever it was up there that said Fields is a mental ******.

a basketball game just happened 5 minutes ago...
people are mistaking talking about what we just saw with damning someone for the rest of their career.

they didn't come out with the same fire tonight, not untill the 2nd half but too late for that and give credit to NO they played us well, they shut the passing lanes down, if we had a lock down shooter like Melo we win that game easy, this should be proof that we aren't better with out melo, Lin had too much pressure on him especially with landry and shump playing ehh. Id rather lose this game and win against DAL than vice versa, DAL is the statement game along with Miami next week.

For someone with so much athleticism Shump is kinda clumsy around the rim. He needs to work on that.

Shump gave the hornets gIft baskets in key possessions while we were making our run.im not sweating it tho I have full confidence on Lin. Fields was pure garbage today. Son should never shoot the ball

The Knicks should grab Allen Iverson #seriously. 
eek.gif
Asians love that guy too. 

some things i saw from this game... lin is a good player but his turnovers stop him from being a great player... and the turnovers in general hurt the knicks... the missed free throws don't help either... and amare i agree he definitely lost his athleticism and his jumper is off compared to last year... hopefully he can pick it back up and start shooting better..another disappointing thing is the knicks not getting to the basket... they don't penetrate... they have ball movement but around the perimeter and then the shot clock runs out and they shoot a terrible shot or a unnecessary 3...they need to cut more and get guys open and go to the basket... i wouldn't mind shump chuckin as much if he drove more... and how can anyone say this team is better without melo is beyond me? melo is the only can who can create for himself and actually get buckets consistently when healthy... cant wait for him to come back already... knicks need him... jr smith will be a good bonus... he will chuck but thats his job since knicks need a 3 point shooter not named bill walker...tyson will keep him on check and amare so his attitude wont hurt the chemistry

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

The Knicks should grab Allen Iverson #seriously. 
eek.gif
Asians love that guy too. 
Yesssss. An Iverson, Chandler tandem would be a dream come true

even though we got JR for the final 2.5 month run for the season it may looks like it will be short lived. He will help our bench for this year and help us for the playoff run. One of the reasons he choose us is we still had the $2.5M exception left. There is no way he comes back because we won't be able to afford to keep him. Lin will get the MLE. With Smith still the prime of his career at age 26, I doubt he would settle for the $2.5M exception next year as well, he'll be looking to cash in based on his performance with the Knicks thriving in D'Antoni's speedball offense.

Lin will have his growing pains and he will adapt, those turnovers will go down by the end of the season. Landry and Novak disappointed us tonight with the jump shooting.However the "Lin-Sanity" craze is now running on fumes. What a great week and a half it was for the kid. I'm glad we can now focus on the Knicks and our immediate future from now on. What a couple weeks is been.

Shump is useless in the half court, and a lot of those passes were awful...had me yelling at the TV

Knicks were poised to take the lead but Hornets played excellent defense and did not allow any dribble penetration

what a bizarre game

Perfect example of why Melo will work. Lin shouldn't be shooting and leaving his feet going towards the basket as much as he's been doing. He's trying to make too much happen. With Melo, ideally we have a good mix of who's handling the ball trying to make plays now. Because the Lin turnovers are really what killed us. We're up double digits if Lin cuts half of those turnovers out in the 1st half.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

so is amare going to guard dirk?
Safer to guard Haywood or Mahimi(sp?) and let Tyson handle Dirk but I can see Jared handling that job the most.

This team is not even close to 100% so let's not panic..We're 7-1 in the last 8 games
laugh.gif
. If someone just woke up from a coma and read these last few pages, they'd swear this team is on a 10 game losing streak. No Melo, No JR Smith, No Baron, and no Jorts. Let's not get carried away. When the entire bench and starting 5 is active, get at me if we lose to the Whorenets

Back
Top Bottom