let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

JR is gonna be gone I feel because hes gonna go after money. And I dont blame him. Novak may be back but I wouldnt blame him if he can come up somewhere else because they wanna overpay him just to be a spot up shooter. But Jeffires loves it here and I feel like he would take a discount just to stay.

I would say the chances of those guys staying is
JR 20%
Novak 60%
Jeffires 90%
according to JR, he will pick up his option at the end of the year. Of course he could just talking to play nice.

Shawne to novak to whoever.....well be able to find a spot up shooter for this system that is if dantonis still around

It's so nice to finally have a bench with some excellent weapons..I remember that being our biggest concern coming into the season..and now we have IMO the deepest bench in the league..we are a dangerous team

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

JR is gonna be gone I feel because hes gonna go after money. And I dont blame him. Novak may be back but I wouldnt blame him if he can come up somewhere else because they wanna overpay him just to be a spot up shooter. But Jeffires loves it here and I feel like he would take a discount just to stay.

I would say the chances of those guys staying is
JR 20%
Novak 60%
Jeffires 90%
according to JR, he will pick up his option at the end of the year. Of course he could just talking to play nice.
Really? Well thats good to hear. I guess it is close to home. 
Plus its prolly easier to find herb here. 

Melo and STAT NEED to restructure their contracts, for the sake of the team. I also can't handle how they both make more than Lebron but contribute significantly less.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Melo and STAT NEED to restructure their contracts, for the sake of the team. I also can't handle how they both make more than Lebron but contribute significantly less.
30t6p3b.gif
so are fans gonna chant "restructure your contracts"?! 
laugh.gif
 imagine

Originally Posted by MrONegative

That's literally everyone who makes more than LeBron...
True, which shows his commitment to making a better team and making a better run at a championship. If Melo and STAT restructured their contracts from $18 mil to $14-$15 mil Knicks could be looking at $6-8 million more flexibility in salary cap, which would be fantastic.

i dont want dantoni back at all

dont see how you beat chi and mia with him as your coach.

our preparation is probably trash

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by MrONegative

That's literally everyone who makes more than LeBron...
True, which shows his commitment to making a better team and making a better run at a championship. If Melo and STAT restructured their contracts from $18 mil to $14-$15 mil Knicks could be looking at $6-8 million more flexibility in salary cap, which would be fantastic.

If Melo just restructures and adds 1 more year to his deal he would make $15 mill for four more seasons instead of $20 for 3. That'll give us around 12-13 mill free in the off season including the LLE. Lin is locking up the MLE for 3 or 4 years depending on how many years another team offers him so we don't have to worry about him . Give Novak the LLE for two years , jeffries a 2 year 8 mill deal , Baron will probably come back for the minimum because he's still getting 14 mill from Cleveland , and then give JR a 3 year deal for like 18 mill. Knowing that we picked up Douglas' option REALLY pisses me off .

Originally Posted by DubA169

i dont want dantoni back at all

dont see how you beat chi and mia with him as your coach.

our preparation is probably trash
who the #%#+ does

it shows that lebron doesnt pay taxes in Florida

that whole "sacrifice" thing is way overstated.

If the management thinks Lin is a product of the system i could see us keeping him.

dolan has done some crazy $++% before. dont forget who we dealing with.

dantoni could get us to the second round and that might be enough for management.

taking less money to sign other players is taking less money, no matter what way you cut it...

Our whole bench is playing out of themselves out of NY. Only people I can see staying is Davis (only if DAntoni stays) and Jefferies.

JR Smith = still young in his prime (about 26-27 y.o), Still looking to cash in a payday. Any team that needs a 2G will give him the full MLE after this season.
Novak = young journey man, 28, bounced from team to team. Given the opportunity he can produce, given the Green light to shoot when open. He needs that secure paycheck. could pull a Shawne
Davis = only came to NYK because of DAntoni's offense and to play along Amare, Chandler, and Melo. Didnt want to go to Miami or LAL. Will he take another $1.4M contract?
Jefferies = DAntonis favorite player pre and post Donnie. Only coach that will give him burn thats why he came back.

Al Iannazzone Tyson Chandler challenged his teammates at halftime, asking them what kind of team do they want to be. "A lot of times teams can get lured into thinking we can turn it on, we can turn it on for the playoffs, we'll find our rhythm," Chandler said. "No, you've got to make your rhythm. You've got to make teams miss. I just let my teammates know if we really want to be true contenders, on nights like this we have to show it. Nothing is going to come easy."

Tyson is overrated and overpaid.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Al Iannazzone Tyson Chandler challenged his teammates at halftime, asking them what kind of team do they want to be. "A lot of times teams can get lured into thinking we can turn it on, we can turn it on for the playoffs, we'll find our rhythm," Chandler said. "No, you've got to make your rhythm. You've got to make teams miss. I just let my teammates know if we really want to be true contenders, on nights like this we have to show it. Nothing is going to come easy."
devil.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

taking less money to sign other players is taking less money, no matter what way you cut it...

tax don't matter?
laugh.gif
yall outta pocket.

The only less money Bron took was not coming to New York and ever thinking up The Decision/pep rally.

Tyson is exactly what this team needs to give everyone that kick in the !%% when they arent playing how they supposed to. Hes got the Chip and knows what it takes. Love that signing more and more everyday. Dantoni needs to not run him into the ground tho. He has to let him get healthy. But hes got 3 days off to rest the wrist. Hopefully hes not feeling anymore discomfort come Sunday and hes good to go for the remainder of the season.

im just saying that all 3 taking at least 2 mill less, its still taking 2 mill less... thats all im saying... bosh and lebron could have said EFF YOU PAY ME MORE, I AINT GIVING UP NOTHING....

Well (1) Bosh didn't take less, all 3 big PFs got overpaid that summer (2) I'd happily take 16 mil instead of 18 mil to be the undisputed frontrunner for the title immediately, have someone else who can close and takeover if I felt I was lacking
nerd.gif
and be the most exciting, popular team in the league. (outside of the non-basketball BS that also makes them the most hated...that they put on themselves) (3) If Bron came to New York, instead of the 0% tax he's paying, he'd have to pay 9% tax + 3.7% city tax which is ~$2 million. So outside of all the marketing money he corrupted and his boys were too stupid to understand was stronger in NY, he's making the exact same salary.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im just saying that all 3 taking at least 2 mill less, its still taking 2 mill less... thats all im saying... bosh and lebron could have said EFF YOU PAY ME MORE, I AINT GIVING UP NOTHING....
on paper, yes. taking less money is taking less money. But if the bigger contract with tax nets out to be the same as the "smaller" contract, than he's not really taking less money.

Back
Top Bottom