Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

im curious to see what everyones set up is (pictures?) and what your looking to get in the future.

i have an mpc and a turntable but im stagnated right now because i dont know if i should go with a midi keyboard and some vsts or get a keyboard with sounds because its easier to midi together. any suggestions or what should be my next purchase if im looking for a wide variety of sounds for under 500

I'll go first. nothin special at all but it gets the job done.

In the future i would like to ither get a trigger finger or that new akai mpd-24. also maybe a rack of sound effects. not trying to go all out for the big stuff cause its not necessary for me really at the moment. i need to master what i got before i do any upgrading anyways.

Got the laptop hookep up to the 19in widescreen. Then theres the keybored. I just use it as my midi controller. The speakers up there are klipsch 2.1's. i bought them like 3yrs ago. Best speakers ive ever had. Also 2 250gb HDs. and a pair of sennhieser hd280 pro headphones not pictured.
4dg0lch.jpg

My music machine is the bigger pc i built and the smaller emachine is my old pc i still use it for production. Theres a maudio soundcard down there dont even know if im using it right. and theres and old mixer i took from my dad; its about 15yrs old but it works.
2a9b392.jpg

Got the Numark PT-01 turntable
2s0zei8.jpg

LOTS OF RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3y6y90j.jpg

ye classic thats FL on the laptop. Reason is rewired to it so i got reason on one screen and FL on another. but man i see you. you got the mpc and them yamahaas :pimp:
pimp.gif

rhymesik as u can see mines is sloopy too lol. but if it gets your creative juices flowing we wanna see it. we wont bag ya for it

yo rhymesik, my studio is all effed up right now. the only reason it looks clean is cuz i took pics after i got it painted. i'm interested to see what all the beatmakers are workin with :smokin
smokin.gif
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do
MYSPACEMUSICbuying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

ClassicBdub, hows the vocoder in the microkorg? looks like something fun to mess around with.

the vocoder is pretty dope. sometimes i'll run a sample or some of my drums through it just to give it a different sound. i know the neptunes used to run all their @#%$ through it before. the microkorg in general is fun to mess around with. i dont use it for much else than basslines though
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC
buying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

Classic, I see you got that Sound Reinforcement Handbook...how often do you read that? Ha I got the same thing, I can never get into it...

How is logic treating you? Are there any editing techniques that you've come across with audio files?
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

Quote:
Oak1andRaider5
:lol:
laugh.gif
the only book i really read is the modern recording techniques. that book has all the info i need to use. i even bring it with me to my internship. as far as logic, the only time ive really used it is for my school projects, but as far as making a beat i dont think any other program is on its level. i'm a pro tools guy though. pro tools is really easy and it gets the job done

Quote:
zokid
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do
MYSPACEMUSICbuying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

700 for an asr 10 with scsi an ok deal??

then i need a zip drive? anything else since its old technology

I had an asr, and its not what it do if thats gonna be your setup - now if you rich and this is just extra gear cool ...but if this is your main seq. setup i'd advise different at the moment...plus 700 is steep - you can def. get it cheaper

Back
Top Bottom