Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

yeah we had this sort of same discussion earlier in this thread :lol:
laugh.gif
out sampling on the asr then anything else, to be able to lay it out on the keys and the things you can do with the sample.

also, i have an amp hooked up to speakers hooked up to the turntable and i tried hook the mpc 1000 into the amp but the 1/4th adapters didnt seem to work. this is killing me since i cant start anything until its hooked up. i can get a picture if it would help

^ So are you coming out of the MPC from the stereo outs? Or are you going from the amp to the monitors, to the turn tables then to the MPC?Sorry, I think a pic will help, I'm kinda confused on what your setup is...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

i was just watching on realtalkny.net how the producer "filtered" the lonnie liston smith song to create a loop in dead presidents

I've never used the filtering technique...is it possible to do so on fruity loops?
References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

^I'm not really familiar with Fruity Loops....but I'm sure that you can get a plug-in filter for it...if not you should try getting something better cause FL is not that great....IMO...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

As long as you have EQ settings then it is possible...also dont try to do it with every sample as a substitute - it just so happens it works with that one...not all songs will have the same low end frequency

Quote:
but I'm sure that you can get a plug-in filter for it...if not you should try getting something better cause FL is not that great....IMO...
8)
glasses.gif
using the equipment my friend has set up in his home studio

I've just never heard of filtering a beat until i saw that video of dead presidents

thanks for the info! :pimp:
pimp.gif
References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

all he did was throw a low pass on it...thats really simple to do. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think pete rock was the first to do that with his mpc
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC
buying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

Alright heres some pictures, Here is a picture of the speakers which have cables hooked up to the amp

This is the back of the amp where the two turntable cables are plugged in (red/white).i tried to hook up the mpc with the 14th outputs but it did not fit. I do not know where to go from here or if i need to just scrap this whole set up and go with something different. ANY help is appreciated.

are there any switches on your amp that would change the input selection? and is there a signal present LED or anything like that on it when you play beats on your mpc? it might be easier if you just buy an 8 channel mixer or something and hook up all your equipment through that
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC

Yea, the best possible solution I could think of is try getting a personal mixer so you can have a variety of hook ups set up to your mixer...that is how i've seen a lot of people hook up there set up...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

yo i need some help....everytime my browser is loading a page when im on the internet....an annoying static starts coming out of my monitors.

im thinking it may be my cords from my monitors to my interface.....does anyone have a solution to my problem?
or should i just get new cords...(they are kind of old)

Keep Crushin!
myspace.com/JAPEsBeats​

NYC if you're in the area....Remix Hotel this weekend,

Free
may 18 - 20, 1-8pm

remixhotel.com/
Quote:
Come on out for a weekend of product demos;
industry panels; production workshops; and
special appearances by:

Just Blaze
Rob Swift
Hank Shocklee
Roc Raida
Kode9
Big Wiz
DJ Enferno
Johnny Juice
Eclectic Method
and many more

at the SAE Institute of Technology- Herald Square
Ninth Floor - top of Daffy's/Staples building

I think it was shizz that went to a previous remix hotel and dropped some info about it. maybe he can chime in with details of how it is.
“[emoji]169[/emoji]opy[emoji]174[/emoji]ight

they had remix hotel at my school a few months ago. its definitely worth the trip. make sure you network. the product demos were ehhhh, but the panels is where u wanna be. i actually landed my internship through the networking i did with some major producers at remix hotel and i'm hoping that the other contacts i made will help me get a job after i'm done with school. the industry is pretty cut throat though...especially here in LA
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC

yo.... heads up they got notebooks on sale at dell.com starting at 500$..... dual core processor..
if anyone is interested...im coppin one.

Keep Crushin!
myspace.com/JAPEsBeats​

I got this mixer for free so forgive me if it wont work, but i thought id give it a try and see if it would work with my set up. this is my final attempt before i completely change my set up cause i know you guys are tired as i am :lol:
laugh.gif

(from left to right) REC -AMP - LINE 2 - LINE 1 - PHONO 2/CD2 - PHONO 1/CD 1 - MIC

any help is appreciated

Alright, I'm having a problem as well::

So I just got the mBox2 Factory Bundle, I installed it (Mac Pro G5) and When I try to open Pro-Tools it says I have to "Authorize" most of the plug-ins I've installed. It will more or less say, "This Version of _____ requires authroization to run, the authroization cannot be found in the installed iLok." Then it asks if I have a license card for this product, which I guess I don't because I don't even know what that is. Then it asks if I want to manually activate it, or do an internet activation, neither do anything for me when I try to authorize it.

ALSO, once I skip through all the authorization BS Pro Tools works...its just I don't get all the plug-ins that are suppose to come with it. When I try to hook up my MPC 1000 to the mBox I can't get any signal into Pro Tools. I don't know if I'm hooking it up wrong or not, I'm going from the STEREO OUTS of the MPC to the Line Inputs 1-2 of the mBox. I get signal into the mBox, just no signal going into Pro Tools.

Sorry if its long, if you guys want pics I'll take pics....any help would be appreciated.
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

i got that factory bundle too but ive been too lazy to install it so when i do i'll get back to you. as far as your mp and pro tools, you gotta create 2 mono tracks and set your i/o up on that tracks. set track 1 to input A1 and track 2 to A2. then set your outputs to Out 1-2. now you gotta record arm your track to monitor the input of the mp. you should be able to level set from there
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC

thanks Classic, I found out what the problem was with the plug-ins...you might run into this problem when you install Pro Tools...I guess DigiDesign adds a bunch of plug-ins that arn't really apart of the package, they are just optional for purchase. You can install it, but you have to authorize it and if want to authorize it then its going to cost you money. These are some pretty good plug ins too, FairChild 660 and 670...that goes for like $500-$600...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

Back
Top Bottom