Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

you dont need any fancy turntables to sample with just good vinyl ... go to a pawn shop get one for 35 - 50 bucks and make sure your motor and needle isstraight and go from there

yea true...if you do, then use my way...if you dont then use time way

regardless of both, dont spend NO 3-500 dollars thinking thats gonna make you better

ya dig

Time have youevermade that runners type organ?

I had an idea i wanted to get down and need that sound

floss i havent made one per say but theres a few in reason that are very similar to their organ...

and free stuff off craigslist? organ look maaaad confusing in person...

I was pretty much exclusive to FL Studio, but after using Reason for the past few days, I will pretty much be using both for every song I make. Reason is sucha professional program, and the synths are sick, word to Thor. Worked wonders on my mix tape.

I'm startin to think FL is holding me back. I already use Reason as a slave through ReWired. I don't have all the modules that come with regular reasonlike NN-XT and the thing you use to sample. What program should I consider upgrading to?

Oh yea, any good sites to get kits?

NEVER upgrade OS's, until you absolutely KNOW that your stuff works with it.
true.. but the pc upgrade was in part as a gift. crazy HD space and specs compared to my laptop so i moved my music production stuff to this pc.

things are running fine after doing some driver updating though so i'm good as far as compatibility goes for now.

shout to TIME, good look my dude. that site actually made me PURCHASE a rapidshare account.
laugh.gif

Did i miss the link? What site?

Someone want to pm a link to me?

Been lurking this post for a while, but I've been working on music on and off for the past year or so I'd say. Been djing for the past 7 years and kindof just shifted to beats. I've never upped anything on a myspace or soundclick but I think I'm going to have to start.

Alot of knowledge being spread, I've learned quite a few things posts and of course TIME has made me start to use Reason more, I do most of my stuff w/ anmv8000, motif rack, and logic.

Google blog search is the business, I think I "found" that site or something similar to what ikon was talking about. And I was getting pretty closeto buying a Fantom XR.....

ikon I feel you on that rapidshare account
laugh.gif

TIME, you should check out high schools in your area that have music production programs for after-school. i just got hired by a school in socal to teachreason for $25 an hour to a class of 8 students for 2 hours a day. its a decent cash on the side

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

floss i havent made one per say but theres a few in reason that are very similar to their organ...

and free stuff off craigslist? organ look maaaad confusing in person...

Nah it's just like a keyboard that sounds better. You got all the ASDR effects etc. The only problem is the weight of moving it and sometimes theupkeep, cuz if it's old you gotta replace things like tubes and electronics eventually. I lost out on the organ though, somebody beat me to it
tired.gif

F it I gotta keep searchin. I just bought a Agile Les Paul w/ Seymour Duncanpickups but I don't have an amp or even know how to play it....Anybody familiar with electric guitar set ups??????? Or know where I can get free lessonson the net?

I'm thinking about buying the Akai MPK49 anyone on here use it yet. Also would it be good for me to get a mixer cause I wanted to start mixing songs I haveon my pc and use it for producing also, What would you guys recommend I get?

u can mix on ur pc fool... u just want to spend money... mpk is prolly a good choice tho... akai's newer usb joints is pretty good... the mpd was a POSquality wise...weak*%!# usb port...

mixers are mainly for more options for ins and outs for recording bands, or being more organized for a complicated setup. Some of them also have good micpreamps so you can kill a flock of birds with one stone. But if your getting a mixer just to mix, I say no and get with softwares. They also have DAWcontrollers that control the parameters in software mixing, if your looking for the hands-on feel/vibe.

If your just mixing songs together for mixtape purpose just use the software.

Back
Top Bottom