[/td] [td]Fixlist Reason 4.0.1[/td] [td]
darkredNE.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot_gray.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
dot_gray.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
Reason 4.0.1 is a maintenance update that resolves a few minor issues and, as a response to user feedback received for Reason version 4, brings some small workflow changing alterations.

General
  • More tolerant error handling when loading custom fonts.
  • Selected installer language was not used when upgrading from 3.0, this is now fixed.
  • We have improved the error handling when copying Remote maps and codecs during start up.
  • All sample players (NN-XT, NN-19, Dr Rex and Redrum) - High Quality Interpolation is now enabled by default.
  • Improved handling of mono/stereo connections while auto-routing.
  • Dragging devices to the rack from the tool window only worked with the top-most window, now it works with any window.
  • More robust error handling during startup, avoiding certain timing problems in Windows.
Sequencer
  • Automation type for Dr Rex transpose parameter was continuous - changed this to stepped.
  • In certain situations Command-A did not work properly on Mac OS X.
  • Notes with same Start or End position could change the play/stop order randomly. This could only be noticed while playing chords on a monophonic device. This is now fixed.
  • Fixed note trig queuing for extremely short notes. This was causing phased effects when doubling clips exactly on two layers.
  • "Reset automation override" could default to wrong value.
  • Pressing Stop the second time moves the song position locator to previous start position, it could sometime move to song start if the locator had been repositioned during playback.
  • MIDI import of file with redundant note information is now filtered.
  • Uncombining a Combinator deleted the Combinator's sequencer track. This is now fixed.
  • Reason could take a long time to respond when entering extreme numbers in position editors.
  • Overriding parameter automation by loading a patch did not always indicate automation override. Now fixed.
Improved workflow in sequencer
  • If a clip is selected in Arrange mode and you switch to Edit mode, the clip is automatically opened for editing. This only happens if the clip is on the current track.
  • You can press [Esc] to close an open clip in Edit mode. If the clip was opened from Arrange mode, this will automatically switch the sequencer back to Arrange mode.
  • Changed Zoom behavior: The program now zooms on the song position locator if it's in view. If not, it zooms towards the left edge of the current view.
  • Drag and drop now also works in left-handed mouse configurations.
  • Text-entry of a tempo with a decimal in the transport panel or when editing the static value was counter-intuitive: Typing something like '120.5' or '120.05' delivered 120.005. This is now fixed.
  • Added label to velocity and pattern lanes.
Remote
  • Added Remote support for:
  • Akai MPD24
  • Akai MPD32
  • Akai MPK49
  • Edirol PCR-300/500/800
  • Frontier Design Group Alpha Track
  • Line 6 KB37
  • M-audio ProjectMix I/O
  • M-audio Axiom 25/49/61
  • M-audio Oxygen 8 v2
  • Fixed a performance problem with the Remote Override "learn" feature.
Browser
  • Performance problem when having many ReFills installed.
  • Reason could crash when saving if there was more than 300 ReFills installed -fixed.
  • Better error handling while file searching in browser.
  • Broken search for missing sounds in songs created with OS hide extensions enabled - fixed.
  • Changed wording of memory usage in patch browser to avoid confusion.
  • Saving patches in Reason version 4 and ReFill packer had a backward compatibility issue - fixed.
  • Sometime the static value was not imported correctly when loading old songs - fixed.
  • If an opened patch or sample had been moved or deleted while Reason was running this could prevent the user from saving the song - fixed.
  • Reason could in certain cases unexpectedly quit when saving on Mac OS X - fixed.
Combinator
  • If many devices in a Combinator were programmed to switch "Receive notes" on/off in the Combinator's programmer, some devices responded slower than other devices. This is now fixed.
Malström
  • Increased the buffer size of Malström's Comb filter, this fixed problems with high sample rates.
RPG-8
  • Fixed velocity CV and knob/automation lag when in random mode.
  • Fixed broken velocity change of tied single note when in ON-mode.
  • "Render Arpeggio To Track" was broken when pattern automation lane was enabled.
  • New shortcuts: Shift pattern right: Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac) Shift pattern left: Ctrl + K (Win) or Cmd + K (Mac) Random sequencer pattern: Ctrl +R (Win) or Cmd + R (Mac) Alter Pattern: Ctrl + T (Win) or Cmd + T (Mac)
Thor
  • Thor's sequencer have new shortcuts:
    Shift sequencer pattern right: Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac)
    Shift sequencer pattern left: Ctrl + K (Win) or Cmd + K (Mac)
    Randomize pattern: Ctrl +R (Win) or Cmd + R (Mac)
Audio Card
  • Reason could go silent if the sample rate was changed in Windows Vista or on an aggregated audio card driver in Mac OS X. This is now fixed.
ReWire
  • Fixed a ReWire problem with FL Studio, making it more robust.
  • Made Ableton Live and Reason ReWire connection more robust.
[/td] [td]
whiteSE.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
http://www.propellerheads.se/remote...play_menu&page=index.cfm?fuseaction=copyright
[/td] [/tr][/table]
gather

[table][tr][td]TW3EK[/td] [td][/td] [td]#1175[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"][/color][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://tw3ek.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

01/13/08 12:08 PM
[/td] [td]
Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

I need to get reason still haven't gotten around to it. I'm aboutt obuy a midi controller soon though. Where's a good spot to cop reason for mac leopard??

me...authorized retailer of prop
[/td] [/tr]
[/url][/table]
whats good wit it then???
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/973111/type/0

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

[table][tr][td]TW3EK[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#1175[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://[/color]"][/color][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://tw3ek.u.yuku.com/]

Registered Member

01/13/08 12:08 PM
[/td] [td]
Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

I need to get reason still haven't gotten around to it. I'm aboutt obuy a midi controller soon though. Where's a good spot to cop reason for mac leopard??

me...authorized retailer of prop
[/td] [/tr]
[/url][/table]http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/973111/type/0
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/973111/type/0

whats good wit it then???

Whutup NT , im looking at starting to make beats and need to be schooled on what products i need (basics for now) I jus got reason version 4 but was wonderingif you could use keyboards /mpc with it any info/schooling would be appreciated.

Also i gotta budget of about 400 jus now and what hardware should i be looking at

respect

u can cop a midi controller wit pads and keys or seperateand still have like $100... u can spend $65 wit me for 30 gigs of refills...

is there a way to sample from a USB turntable into an MPC? well, basically what i'm askin is what type of connection am i lookin for? 1/4" outputs ofthe turntable to the 1/4" inputs of the MPC? Is that even possible through a USB turntable? or are they just usb?

If you have a USB turntable, record the part that you want to your computer. Then hook your MPC to the computer then drag the sample to the MPC.

From the MPC it should be 1/4" to RCA, if that's what the turntable has.

whoever got the cracked Waves bundle on mac...do you have to use the ilok resetter and reset the demo after every 15 days?

yeah. i reset mine every sunday. even if it expires, you can just reset it whenever and it'll go back to normal

you know this is getting wack
nerd.gif

i need frikkin studio equipment
frown.gif

it's hard to take it seriously with nothing in my room here in front of me, it just makes it more fun seeing it there
tired.gif

word, if i had them in my room, it would be an everyday non-stop thing for me, serious kid, wake up and not even get out of bed just grab the mic and startdropping #@$@ right there
roll.gif

where's my label and my crew of G's meng and the ladies that make the process enjoyable?

somebody talk to my representative and have it dealt with plz
nerd.gif
SERIOUS

whuts good , whats the main difference between getting a 25 key keyboard with pads on it and/or spending a few more bills and getting an mpc

????? jus trying to make beats wit reason 4.0

an mpc isnt to b used wit reason... stop buying into the hype... the mpc is not the end all b all of beatmaking... especially if u wanna make original beats...ud need a keyboard as well...or some racks...

in my eyes its kinda stupid to spend that much money if u just startin out and have no idea what ur doing... plus software is being used by everybody... itsalso easier to learn for people who dont know music theory... and if u dont know how to play id suggest a 49 key... that 25 key !+#% is annoying...

my aim is cornrobcun if u need anymore help...

listen to Time - the mpc is not all its cracked up to be ... combined with audio and midi it can be a headache...I'm not saying they not good....but if itsyour first time, or you not really trying to be serious about the game, then slow your roll and get reason / interface and midi keyboard

I love my mpc, but i don't mind sampling for all of my #%*! either...although it can be a pain sometimes with an ipod...but what they are saying is true ifyou are starting off i'd suggest just getting a cracked version of reason and getting a 49 key MIDI controller and starting off from there..software is theeasiest way to go and there is no wrong with that...but it all varies i know people that all they compose with is from samples and it sounds dope, but theyhave equipment that they've had for years and just know how to use it...

imo its all working with what you got, don't get into buying all the expensive BS...if your going to get Reason and a MIDI controller then master that #%*!in and out and use that as a starting point...

Question for some of you dudes, which VST's do you use, and which ones are your favorite? I just copped z3ta+ and the synths in there are
eek.gif
. Especially a couple of the saws. I used to be on LegacyCell & FM8 heavy,too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GREAT SHAKE

Question for some of you dudes, which VST's do you use, and which ones are your favorite? I just copped z3ta+ and the synths in there are
eek.gif
. Especially a couple of the saws. I used to be on LegacyCell & FM8 heavy, too.
pimp.gif

Yea, FM8 got a few instruments that I use regularly.

Rob Papen's joints are nice, too. Predator, Albino, and Blue... I use those regularly, the SFX in Blue are real nice.

As far as instruments, though... Nexus has been my go-to, ever since I got it. All the Native Instruments plug-ins are quality, though.

Now I got a question for all y'all out there.

I'm finally about to switch over to the world of a Mac. But I had just some spec comparisons and such before dropping the money. The main thing I want toavoid is lag and CPU overload, so I can hopefully have as many plug-ins open as I want. So I figured a MacBook Pro is better than the average MacBook for thisto be accomplished...? Next was the difference between the 2.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro. The $500 pricetag difference seems like a lot for such"minor" differences, but I don't feel like regretting anything if I were to settle for the 2.2, when I should have gone with the 2.4. Anyone withsome Mac knowledge care to help me out here? I'm wanting to buy it from my school's store within the next couple days.

just build a pc...if u aint bout to b recordin no vocals u dont need that #%+%... spend a stack(or less) on a custom pc...

Well we're working with Pro Tools and !+#! in my classes.

So I figured I might as well get a Mac now, since I'm sure I'll be needing one later on down the road.

Plus, I know it's all about your talent and not the software... yadda yadda... BUT... I need to start steering away from FL Studio.
laugh.gif
I'm nottryin' to be makin' beats on FL in some professional studio, if I'm blessed with those opportunities in the future. I already wanna know how towork my way around Pro Tools and have the option of sending artists the sessions of my tracks.

Lastly, one of the main reasons I'm looking into a MacBook is the simple fact of portability. I wanna be able to bring my !+#! around anywhere that I wantto, rather than being stuck with working from home (my dorm
laugh.gif
) on the PC. So along with whatever laptop I decide on, I'll probably be gettin' anOxygen 8 or some other sort of compact 25 key type MIDI controller.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Well we're working with Pro Tools and !+#! in my classes.

So I figured I might as well get a Mac now, since I'm sure I'll be needing one later on down the road.

Plus, I know it's all about your talent and not the software... yadda yadda... BUT... I need to start steering away from FL Studio.
laugh.gif
I'm not tryin' to be makin' beats on FL in some professional studio, if I'm blessed with those opportunities in the future. I already wanna know how to work my way around Pro Tools and have the option of sending artists the sessions of my tracks.

Lastly, one of the main reasons I'm looking into a MacBook is the simple fact of portability. I wanna be able to bring my !+#! around anywhere that I want to, rather than being stuck with working from home (my dorm
laugh.gif
) on the PC. So along with whatever laptop I decide on, I'll probably be gettin' an Oxygen 8 or some other sort of compact 25 key type MIDI controller.

u can get a better laptop than a macbook for the price... they make pro tools for PCs and all u need is REASON... u can track ur beats into pro toolsfrom ANYTHING and just save it as a session... i aint tryin to hear all these excuses... just say u want a mac fool... aint nothin wrong wit it... i just tryto save folks money but i b forgettin everybody dont live in the slums of cleveland (in other words yall can afford that #%*@ ...lol)

Back
Top Bottom