Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Depending on what you trying to make r&b or hiphop - you very well could just use the 1000 and sample into it...while it does come with stock sound programs...you might not choose to use those... if you get the 1000 you have to import sounds into it or on a flash disk ... so lets say you have a sample on a flash card u load the card into the mpc and whatever sounds are on that card are what you have to work with...you can tun and chop on the mpc and arrange your soung on the mpc

Now the reason people get keyboards is to have a gang of sounds at their hands without sampling...keyboards come stock with sounds that help create basslines and melodies, the mpc might be harder with just using the pads

its all up to you... i sample intp the mpc...and i have software to make regular beats that require no sampling

^thanks. Another question, if the pads on the mpc aren't doing it for me, that's when I should consider a keyboard? I mean, I can always import more sounds into the mpc, if I am not feelin the stock sound programs, right? thanks a lot. I am pretty confused.
I need this J:
AJ Retro VII (Chambray)
sz 11.5 inbox me!

So I'd be all set if I just had the mpc 1000 and a keyboard (err..or controller)? The only reason why I want the keyboard along with it is because I am so used to keys. It would make it a lot easier for me. So I should just keep it low budget when it comes to the keyboard right? Cause it seems that the mpc 1000 is all I need right now. thanks for the help, guys.
I need this J:
AJ Retro VII (Chambray)
sz 11.5 inbox me!

^^I am pretty sure I am heading in the right direction. I think. Anything else I should know? thanks.
I need this J:
AJ Retro VII (Chambray)
sz 11.5 inbox me!

yea you can get either or, if you use to keys get a yamaha motif and if your on a budget get the 1000 and cheaper roland with sounds

I just got the Axiom 25.. .VERY solid midicontroller

I was about to get the 49-key version but froze... I got an 88 key stage piano coming in that can do MIDI through USB. The faders on the 49 key version looked very enticing however. :\
ohwell.gif

For some reason REASON 3.0 can't recognize the Axiom. This may be because the Axiom is a fairly new controller. I'm currently looking for ways around this (possibly set it up manually, which looks like a pain)
you can take it with a grain of cocaine

What comuter do you have oaktown, cause i have a axiom 25 as well and a macbook pro and it wirks out great for me, your midi connects might be off,

^-- i have a macbook. garageband picks it up perfectly but reason is struggling with it

i have the macbook and i'm doing fine with it , ttry upgrading your memory in the computer

post your equuipment... this is the 4k, but i'm trying to downgrade, i dont even use all of its features :smh:
smh.gif
at myself for hopping in the game and getting it with out doiong my research...Although i have taken the time to learn it, and can work it...only problem or weakness is my sequencing and midi game...I really need to work on those two things...By theirself my seq. are good, but as far as putting a song together with them its always off...My ideas and crate digging and ear for making a song have improved...I can listen to a song to sample and have a beat in my head, when Just Blaze said that 4 months ago, i was like yea right, cause i couldnt see what he was talking about...now i know...Putting time and effort with your machine is key

I also have a weak vision on building songs around acapellass, props to those who can do that and the bpm matching...anyway im not gonna let this thread die, so keep adding on your problems and struggles with music and hopefully we can get better

PS got more equipment i will show later...ASR 10 - love that machine, hated it at first but love it now, except scsi drive always says unconnected need help with that forreal

2em37e9.jpg

^^ damn that 4000 is serious :pimp:
pimp.gif
here's my 2000xl/technic 1200 and a pic of one of the studios @ school. the console is a mackie 3208

i'll post more pix of my other equipment when i get on my other computer later
[/center]

That studio looks tight...man classic i plan on downgrading to that setup - how is it working for you, meaning hows your workflow and how manybeats you pump out a week, if focused i could do 4 beats a week with my time schedule, but i would keep only 1 or 2 on a good week, im just picky like that though

bdub what school is that? hardware looks serious.

i'm about to start sound arts classes in less than two weeks.. looking real forward to it

i want the 2500 so bad... but i am just NOT in the market |I
tired.gif

on another note, i just got a Triton Drum Refill for Reason and it's extremely dope, but the samples load in the N-19 sampler not Redrum.. i know there is a way to wire the 19 to the redrum, but i don't know how.. can someone throw some knowledge my way for this, thanks...

Quote:
That studio looks tight...man classic i plan on downgrading to that setup - how is it working for you, meaning hows your workflow and how manybeats you pump out a week, if focused i could do 4 beats a week with my time schedule, but i would keep only 1 or 2 on a good week, im just picky like that though

i probably make only 1-3 beats a week depending on my schedule. besides school, i work a 9-5 and coach bball on the side 3 days a week so i'm a busy man. but the workflow is smooth since i know the 2kxl really well. i actually take more time mixing a beat for an artist than making it (i use logic to mix and if anyone has used that they know how much time you can spend playing with all their plug-ins). why would you wanna downgrade anyways?

Quote:
bdub what school is that? hardware looks serious.

school of audio engineering (SAE) in L.A. whenever i tell someone i go there i always get "that's the school that gives you the macbook with pro tools right?" :lol:
laugh.gif

btw, we're throwing an event with remix magazine called remix hotel nov. 2-4 if anyone is gonna be in the L.A. area. its gonna be 3 days of workshops and stuff like that for you aspiring producers/engineers. here's the schedule:
Quote:
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 2
5:00-5:45 PM
The Art of Recording and Mixing As Told By Producers & Engineers
Pens and pads are a must! Some of the top producers and engineers join us to talk shop as we discuss their favorite rituals, dos & donts and lessons learned along the way.

6:00-6:45 PM
Can You Hear Me Now? How to Get Your Music Placed in the areas of Film, TV & Mobile Content
Industry leaders discuss the increasingly growing demand for music content. Find out how you can go about getting placed, who the key players are and how these deals work.

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3
Taking Care of Business: Tips From The Must Have People to Have On Your Team
Managers, attorneys, publicists and agents are the key to any successful team. We hear from the best in the business smart ways to make the most out of your career.

Trends in DJing and Live Performance
From the clubs to the stages, more options than ever before are available for DJs to keep backsides shaking on the dance floor. Find out what trends these DJs have been encountering as far as technology, gear and performance.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4
The Ins and Outs of Music Publishing For Producers & Songwriters
These champions discuss the works: Publishing deals, royalties, licensing and how they find and break new talent.

The Producer/Artist Relationship
Quite possibly the most interesting relationship on the music making food chain, this open discussion explores the characteristics of successful creative collaborations and why every producer/artist relationship is different.

dj revolution from the wake up show has been confirmed as one of the special guests and there will be tons of other industry appearances. for more info hit up

remixhotel.com/

the best part is that it's free, but you have to register to get in
[/center]

Quote:
yo zokid - why not in the market? its a great machine played with it at guitar center

i'm talking about buying it.. i don't have the money to purchase an item of that expense right now... being a college student, i have priorities.. you know, beer, food and beer :\
ohwell.gif
lol

Quote:
i want the 2500 so bad... but i am just NOT in the market

I've owned the 1000 and sold it, don't regret it at all. i didn't really like the feel of it.

had the 2500 and sold it, needed the money...but plan on buying it again when the time is right, especially with the harddrive. one of the few things i've had and sold off that I miss having.

but I really want to give the 500 a chance and see how it is too.
Q4' 2006
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=201942&songID=4543670]Nas - Destroy and Rebuild
Nas - Got yourself a gun[/url]

really im just using the 4k to sample and drums, with all the features i could do that with a lesser mpc, and buy other equipment...basically did half @#%$ research getting into the game, so i paid for it, but now i see, i could do the same thing with a 2xl or any other mpc for less money

^^ yeah man, 2kxl does everything you need. you can get the MCD for $1299 brand new now
Team Anti-Google​
it's broken and it's not my friend​

Back
Top Bottom