Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

1251779644lkt4.jpg

nothing before, how do you track your beats using the mbox 2, im having trouble with that

quick question about the mbox..what benefits does the mbox provide for making beats (besides the fact that you get Pro Tools) ?
I'm President of the Friggin' Universe

im talking about tracking my mpc beats from the mp to mbox to my macbook pro tools, i ve tried midi and it just doesnt work, wondering what are the steps since i saw he had a 1000

yea, i tried that thru midi, but it changed up m beat, so i guess i have to try an audio dump

need some help over here...

i sampled a song in recycle and put it through dr rex. i have an axiom 25 and im trying to get the slices to play on the piano keys but they wont work. they work with the drumpads and the keys will work with the stock samples. :\
ohwell.gif

EDIT: NVM.. just figured it out (had to go down an octave)
you can take it with a grain of cocaine

i'm playing around with reason right now and its frustrating me >:
mad.gif

is there a way to copy and paste in the sequencer?
I'm President of the Friggin' Universe

Of course you can copy and paste, you can cut and glue as well, yse the mouse to highlight what you want to copy and then move the P tab to glue

^ if youre in the LA area, theres a free ableton live workshop friday @ 10am
Team Anti-Google​
it's broken and it's not my friend​

a lot of people open reason inside another sequencer, since reason was made to work with those other programs

reason is really good at the midi softsynth thing, but the only major drawback with reason is it's sequencing and the way it handles audio...in protools, cubase, logic, abelton, it's easy to setup a track for recording and lay down a verse, or record some live guitar or something like that..so you have reason, open it up in some sequencer like that and you have the best of both worlds.

abelton live is really good with audio, if you ever used acid before, it's similar to that..import a song, set the tempo of that song, and you can change the tempo of the whole project and the audio stretches/compresses real time, lock the pitch, all that.

and if you open reason in another sequencer, there should be a way to map every output of the mixer in reason to it's own track in the sequencer so you can record everything individually. similar to how mpc's have the 8 outs and you set up the individual tracks in protools or whatever, and you get one sound for each track

Q4' 2006
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=201942&songID=4543670]Nas - Destroy and Rebuild
Nas - Got yourself a gun[/url]

can reason timestretch audio, or change the tempo of an audio track while locking the pitch?
I'm not really a heavy reason user, so school me.

I know recycle does does, but that's working on individual tracks...where as in Live you can have multiple tracks of audio, good for doing mashup's, or just dropping an acapella over an instrumental.

also in Live you can open vst's, did they add that to reason?

Q4' 2006
[url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=201942&songID=4543670]Nas - Destroy and Rebuild
Nas - Got yourself a gun[/url]

alot of this stuff seems real interesting, keep it up
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Iam familiar with reason and fruity loops but never thought about seriously producing, which controllers(keyboard?) and mpc should i begin with just so i can make basic skeleton beats with synth? how much would that be?
The Way I Bomb, Sadaam Respects Me

Back
Top Bottom