Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Are there any befits of learning music theory if you're only going to produce music? Or is it only necessary for those who play an instrument?

it depends on if u plan on being all sample based or if u wanna make original !*#!... its kinda pointless for samples but knowing scales and some chords will help u ALOT creating tracks from scratch...

yo thanks for all the advice so far, i have a couple more questions tho. in reason is there a way to mute or atleast muffle the drums from a sample, and is there a way to bring out the bass in a sample? thanks

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

yo thanks for all the advice so far, i have a couple more questions tho. in reason is there a way to mute or atleast muffle the drums from a sample, and is there a way to bring out the bass in a sample? thanks

EQ... if u want to use the bass and melody from a sample make 2 tracks... eq all the highs and mids out of the bass track... EQ the lows out of the melody tack...

and yea EQing and maybe some compression is all u can do to bring out/muffle different frequencies in a sample

Yo I just started getting into producing beats and what not. I peep FutureProducers.com a lot, but besides that, where else can I figure out where to start off? I got Logic & Reason, along with Garageband (Cause it's simple and free) and whatever. But I don't know where to really start off with all this $%@!, ya feel me.

A guy recommended I take some music theory classes so I was looking into that, but I know many people that done did it without that $%@!. Anybody care to chop it up with me and help a brother out? I got all these wild ideas but I can't put them down cause I don't know how to manipulate the program that well yet.

aim - justinnikes

work wit logic... its pretty much the industry standard for production these days... on the software side anyway...

hit up youtube

anyboduy know where i can get some good refills, vsts, and sound packs?

nerd.gif

All I really need help with is mixing and mastering in FL. I've seen some of the replies concerning the topic but I really dont think it sounds as good as I want to and I hear alot of hiss.. any help?

Originally Posted by DJ AAAye

Are there any befits of learning music theory if you're only going to produce music? Or is it only necessary for those who play an instrument?
Learn it.

I think im going to start making tutorials on how to properly EQ tracks... Would anyone be interested in that?

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

All I really need help with is mixing and mastering in FL. I've seen some of the replies concerning the topic but I really dont think it sounds as good as I want to and I hear alot of hiss.. any help?

Each instrument needs its own specific EQ... Try reverb and PE (drop the lows to decrease mud - increase the highs slightly to crsipen the sound)
Add a MASTER EQ (I perfer Ozone Izo4) to the main channel and NEVER.. I repeat NEVER duplicate channel EQs

My roomate has the Maschine and when he has it linked with Ableton Live one of the pads make an awful static noise. When ever he rewires Reason Record it does the same thing. Anyone know what the problem may be?!?!?

What's up, I've been through a few pages and 93-98 wont load for some reason....but anyway here is my situation.

I'll be moving out soon into an apartment and I wont be able to take my piano with me so my parents are getting me a keyboard as housewarming gift when I leave. I figured now is a better time than ever to start fooling around with production. I've been looking at Roland Fantom, they seem perfect for what I will be using it for.....or is it?

From what I've read I see that most people in here say that software is the way to go if you're not trying to make it a profession, which I understand but a gift is a gift right?

Anyway I'm a total noob when it comes down to it and I have no idea what all I would need hardware and software wise to dabble in music production so any help leading me in the right direction would be great.

***wth now it shows only 93 pages....yuku ftl, I see now that this thread hasn't been active for about a month now hopefully someone reads this***

Just a heads up. Reason 5 is out there. Beta version.

BTW I have no link. I'm not very good at the cracked stuff, but wouldn't mind if I were...

Originally Posted by omgitswes

What's up, I've been through a few pages and 93-98 wont load for some reason....but anyway here is my situation.

I'll be moving out soon into an apartment and I wont be able to take my piano with me so my parents are getting me a keyboard as housewarming gift when I leave. I figured now is a better time than ever to start fooling around with production. I've been looking at Roland Fantom, they seem perfect for what I will be using it for.....or is it?

From what I've read I see that most people in here say that software is the way to go if you're not trying to make it a profession, which I understand but a gift is a gift right?

Anyway I'm a total noob when it comes down to it and I have no idea what all I would need hardware and software wise to dabble in music production so any help leading me in the right direction would be great.

***wth now it shows only 93 pages....yuku ftl, I see now that this thread hasn't been active for about a month now hopefully someone reads this***
Yea it's REAL SCREWY. I just sent in a report so hopefully that does something...

but to answer your post. I work for a top 3 audio production equipment retailer in the world. I'm not going to name it, but if you look you can figure it out. So if you still need help on finding a keyboard, hit me up. I can give you all the advice you need (it's my day job) and I can hook you up with a discount.
pimp.gif

I want to get started as a hobby.

I could obtain Korg and Behringer hardware at nice discounts. What would a newbie need to get started? Just the basic hardware and software. What specific pieces would you recommend? Any decent pieces from Korg or Behringer?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I want to get started as a hobby.

I could obtain Korg and Behringer hardware at nice discounts. What would a newbie need to get started? Just the basic hardware and software. What specific pieces would you recommend? Any decent pieces from Korg or Behringer?
For the most part just grab a Korg Controller to start. Software wise, depends on your approach, I bounce between Pro Tools, Reason and FL for my production needs.

Back
Top Bottom