Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

rhyme sik i been using an m audio fast track pro to do my stuff for a min now but since i havent baut a good mic yet i plug it in to the gutar jack and not the mic one could this be a problem in the static
you also just read my sig.

Heres the turntable i have and the two cables dont go anywhere in the back of the mpc. Iam assuming i hook up a mixer between the record player but where else
img00159tk6.jpg

Anybody seen that Yamaha MM6? Looks interesting if i could get it under 500, i might give it a try

he is still going to need a mixer o somethiing which has pre amped channels becuase the turntable volume is going to be too low to sample, needs to be grounded also as you see a grounding cable (the antenna looking one). if he doesnt he is going to get a buzzing noise all the time when he samples into the mpc...and it will produce low volume as turntables are phonographic and do not produce a great signal on its own.

payless you have to get u a mixer. it doesnt matter as long ur jus sampling it can be a cheap vestax mixer, or gemini, or numark they will all perform the basic function.

and you also need quarter inches to run from the mixer to the mpc record inputs.

turntablelab.com/dj_equip...10802.html

something like that is what you need and your good money
Add Me
& Get Bizzie With Me NOW!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/djbizzieb

the volume from my turntable into my 2kxl is fine without a mixer. i also hooked up the grounding wire to the back of my mpc and i dont get that hiss. maybe its cuz i use a 1200...i dunno
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do

MYSPACEMUSIC
buying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

I don't know about others but I like some of my samples to sound grainy so I plug the turntable str8 into the mpc

I started with the 4000, went to the 3000 now I have the 2500...so if I don't have a vinyl I use a cd or mp3 to sample...its crazy but I want the 4000 and a 60 to add when I build up a professional studio

I'm thinking od installing a hard drive on the 2500 though

Also I heard the yamaha mm6 has nice sounds just not as many as the mo es
But for 500 you really can't be mad at it

Quote:
i gotta 1000 and it doesnt allow you to hook the ground to the mpc...so i guess it varies on mpc models classic?

i just ground mine to one of the screws on the back of the mpc

Quote:
I don't know about others but I like some of my samples to sound grainy so I plug the turntable str8 into the mpc
:pimp:
pimp.gif
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do
MYSPACEMUSICbuying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

ANYONE have Biggie's Who Shot Ya acapella in studio quality? Get at me!

EDIT: Nvm I found it.... but I'm ALSO looking for....

Common Sense - I Used to Love HER and Resurrection.
2pac - So Many Tears

~ defikon ~​

Zokid to fade out there is three ways

1. Use that velocity
2. Use real time recording and turn the volume down as you record

3. Leave track alone and when you track out to daw then fade it out in there

Classic - I'm on the sk, but ill def check that vid out

Star - ima try to see what I can find on acapella, that one might be hard, you might have to eq and cut the instruments out, f can't find it

how limited would i be if i have a mpc 2500.. recording software only
nothing else

can i still make full beats with a standalone?
"Never ever ever in this life try to sell me something full price and the ish was only half right..I aint a sucka" - Hus

^ You won't be as limited as you think, that is basically all you really need IMO...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

thats true to an extent, if your trying to create something orginal, get a keyboard when you save up enough money or a midi keyboard and some old modules

i have an mpc and its great for drums and percussion but it lacks on melodies

if you sample heavy heavy then it will be cool, but nowadays if youre trying to make money you gonna need some all original tracks

PayLess - is right - if you sample then dont worry about it, because most of the sample songs will take care of what your trying to do, but if not it can be a problem, when trying to be original...But I've seen footage of original tracks made with MPC and chopped up samples where you couldnt tell whatit was

Just know you could basically get a fantom x serious or motif es and be able to have melodies and the ability to sample all in one if push came to shove

How do i hear myself in the head phones i been feening to learn how to do that, by the way i use the m-audio fast track pro
you also just read my sig.

cool..thanks for the advice
i'll probably invest in a keyboard down the line
gotta get my drums straight first

oh and how much should i expect to pay for a new/used 2500 i seen 2000 fully loaded
and some ebay auctions about 300 less.. its a lot of money to spend..but im thinking of taking the plunge if this is all i need to make something decent
"Never ever ever in this life try to sell me something full price and the ish was only half right..I aint a sucka" - Hus

the 2000 is cheaper because its older technology and the 2500 is a lot more advanced. dont buy the 2000, might as well buy a 1000. i suggest doing some research on mpc forums.com and they will school you

When i shift the pitch on the sample, it sounds distorted, is the 1000 not capable of doing this right?

and is truncate is an actual term or if its the same thing as chopping?

my bad..i meant i seen the mpc 2500 for $2000 loaded

yeah.been reading mpc forums
but they're obviously biased towards akai.. i've considered getting a roland mv
but they're huge(pause)

^ Ha is that the Rza on the top right? I didn't know he used the MV...
TeamOaklandRaiders​
XI . XV . XVIII​

Quote:
how limited would i be if i have a mpc 2500.. recording software only
nothing else

can i still make full beats with a standalone?

you can def make beats with just an mpc and recording software. thats pretty much where i'm at right now. i have a microkorg, but i dont even use it much. you're as limited as your sound library. if i need certain instruments like a piano or something, i'll dig into my jazz vinyl and chop something there

Quote:
Anybody recommend a good pair of headphones?
Looking to drop no more then $100.
www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_yamaha_rh5ma_headphones?full_sku=100365066

Quote:
oh and how much should i expect to pay for a new/used 2500 i seen 2000 fully loaded
and some ebay auctions about 300 less.. its a lot of money to spend..but im thinking of taking the plunge if this is all i need to make something decent

my boy just bought a 2500 on ebay for less than $1300. no cd drive, but its still a damn good deal. just wait around til a good deal pops up

Quote:
and is truncate is an actual term or if its the same thing as chopping?

truncate is just chopping it shorter

Quote:
i've considered getting a roland mv
but they're huge(pause)
don't sell yourself
to fall in love
with those things you do
MYSPACEMUSICbuying a car? don't get ripped off. check out my CAR BUYING GUIDE for some tips

Back
Top Bottom