let's put lebron's playoff performance in perspective

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I understand the defensive argument but lets stop acting like the league isn't full of potentially all time great young stars right now....

The numbers he's putting up are gaudy but if he put up those numbers in, say, 1992 with MJ, Drexler, Hakeem, Barkley, Isiah, Robinson, Ewing, Dominique, etc, they'd look even more impressive.

Bron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, CP3, D-Will, B-Roy, D.Rose, Dwight etc. etc.

Y'all let the bitter old sports writers put thoughts in y'all heads sometimes. Go back and watch NBA games before the late 80's to early mid 90's golden era....boatloads of role players who couldn't sniff the last spot on the Kings bench today. Slow motion offense and sloppy 1 on 1 defense that ended in cheap hacks...the game has evolved and we will be seeing another golden era soon.

preach.

Nostalgia be straight killing cats.
laugh.gif

Like the game has evolved so much in a POSITIVE way, this league is built for perimeter players nowadays, you can't even put a hand on anyone without afoul being called.

i feel bad for those stuck in 90s basketball.

Of course most people are going to be biased towards that era (including me) because those were the athletes we grew up idolizing. But it would be ignorant tosay the game hasnt changed. The athletes in todays game are freaks of nature while the 90s was more of a skill based game. Skill can only take you so far. Idont think most of the declared defenders would be able to check and keep up with today's "stars" abilities and athleticism. The only ones I cansee doing so are Pippen, MJ, Robinson, and GP only because they were freaks of nature themselves. Seriously did you ever think a 6'11 265lbs player wouldhave a 40' vertical? thats just
sick.gif
How can you hate on this fast paced game with highlight after highlight, just watching athletes play above the rim.

I understand the defensive argument but lets stop acting like the league isn't full of potentially all time great young stars right now....

The numbers he's putting up are gaudy but if he put up those numbers in, say, 1992 with MJ, Drexler, Hakeem, Barkley, Isiah, Robinson, Ewing, Dominique, etc, they'd look even more impressive.

Bron, Kobe, Wade, Melo, CP3, D-Will, B-Roy, D.Rose, Dwight etc. etc.

Y'all let the bitter old sports writers put thoughts in y'all heads sometimes. Go back and watch NBA games before the late 80's to early mid 90's golden era....boatloads of role players who couldn't sniff the last spot on the Kings bench today. Slow motion offense and sloppy 1 on 1 defense that ended in cheap hacks...the game has evolved and we will be seeing another golden era soon.

My perspective is my own.

From 87-93 I was ages 7 thru 13 - I grew up on that era of basketball so I don't need any refresher course on who was who or what was what back then.

Outside of LeBron, Kobe and maybe Wade, the late 80's/early 90's stars would beat the crap out of that list of current players you posted.

That older generation of players was a once-in-a-lifetime era, when talent, pure work ethic and pure drive showed us a caliber of players we'll never seeagain.

The game has changed from then to now: today's players don't have to be great to be considered superstars. The older era's superstars were greatbecause there was so many other talented players out there that they were driven to capitalize on their talent. Bird and Magic followed each other'sperformances and raised their level accordingly. Jordan took other player's status' as a personal challenge, and his drive to win was relentless.

Today, there's LeBron and Kobe, and then everyone else. Sure, there's many talented players today but a great era they are not.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Like the game has evolved so much in a POSITIVE way, this league is built for perimeter players nowadays, you can't even put a hand on anyone without a foul being called.
i forgot what year they changed it but think it was 04-05

LeBron has been a beast this series no doubt.

But how about the Performance by the kid Rondo.

How about Rondo's first 5 games performance against the Bulls compared to Lebrons first 5 against the Magic.

24-10-10 19 FGA game. 6 FTA per game 2TO per game

LeBron
41-8-9 27 FGA game. 17 FTA per game 4TO per game

Only thing that really sets them apart is the Points. Although Lebron avgs 8 more shots and 11 more FT per game.

Originally Posted by JaFlash

How about Rondo's first 5 games performance against the Bulls compared to Lebrons first 5 against the Magic.

LeBron

Only thing that really sets them apart is the Points. Although Lebron avgs 8 more shots and 11 more FT per game.
Lebron compared to Rondo? i know Rondo's numbers were great but come on fam..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by JaFlash

LeBron

Lebron compared to Rondo? i know Rondo's numbers were great but come on fam..
roll.gif

I was just mentioning that Besides Lebrons crazy numbers this postseason, Rondo put up some crazy numbers as well. Just showing why people were debatingwhether LeBron or Rondo would be more likely to avg a triple double.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by ericberry14

I say it over and over again....the thing that makes Bron the best player I have ever seen play...is his passing ability.
how old are you?

cuz if Bron is the best you've ever seen... you cant have ever seen Jordan/Magic play...
just forget it... someone who says something like that is too caught up in Lebron slurping to even bother arguing with.
but that dude cant be serious with that... Lebron is better than MJ?... Lebron is better than Magic?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom