Like Father, Like Son > Watch The Throne

From a lyrical/content standpoint, of course not. From a production standpoint, yes.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

Dudes let their hate of Jay and bitterness over the beef with Nas dictate their posts. 

In EVERY Jay-Z related thread. It never fails. 

And its real obvious cause dudes are not even giving real reasons why LFLS is better.
laugh.gif

It sounded better in our eardrums... what kind of reason are you looking for? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I knew this would happen, cats defending WTT based off of the artists' reputation alone. Truth be told, half the songs are wack.
Oh word? Name the wack ones.

PLEASE name them 
laugh.gif

NT Music be on some other %%$!

Edit: whoa Peep, you didn't like Who Gon Stop Me? the hell is going on around here?

Originally Posted by solarius49

Ill def say this, Kanye has REGRESSED lyrically. Its almost painful to hear him spit some of the stuff yall think is "dope"

Only dope joints that I thought went hard on WTT were No Church in the Wild, Illest MF Alive, The Joy, That's my B, and Who Gon Stop Me up until the beat switches up halfway

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

LFLS is an amazing album. Was definitely the during pinnacle of Wayne's lyrical career, but it's no WTT.

That album just flows like lava. Not one track is skipped and the production is stellar as well. �The energy both rappers bring and their feeding off of each other's energy alone puts it ahead of LFLS which was more Wayne with baby adlibs than a duet album. Wayne came hard as #!#% though.

Cheese Wagstaff wrote:

Oh... you like this better? A album full of skits and lyrics like:

My leather so soft My top so soft
I'll probably have it off these %@+*+* so soft
And I go so hard
%+!## I go so hard...�

And one of the worst things ever to be heard on a major music release... this guitar "solo":

indifferent.gif

So that's better than No Church in the Wild / Who Gon Stop Me / Murder to Excellence / Why I Love You? On a progressive rap album with two of the best all-time challenging the boundaries of hip-hop?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

35a6idf.jpg

I really get tired of seeing people use the word BANGER on NT like Jay said "Do Ya'll dudes listen to music or just skim through it?" LFLS & WTT was both average IMO but on the

musical & lyrical level WTT all day...I personally think dudes really don't listen to or know what lyrics really are in today's world...I think majority of the hiphop fans in today's world just

listen to beats thats why cats like Waka,Gucci, & all the other wack %!! rappers are hot...All you hear in hiphop discussions is this a Banger, thats a Banger but where is the substance at

homie??? I think people hate on Jay so much because the game is mostly TRAP Rapper & Southern dominated...If Jay & YE would have dropped this back in 04'-05' we wouldn't be have this

discussion....But WTT over LFLS not by much tho...

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Cheese Wagstaff wrote:

And I go so hard
%+!## I go so hard...�

And one of the worst things ever to be heard on a major music release... this guitar "solo":

U tried too hard.
My original comment from the 1st page:

It bangs, but LFLS had Wayne & Birdman, which automatically makes it garbage or mediocre.
WTT was just severely underwhelming based on high expectations. Sounds even to me.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

In EVERY Jay-Z related thread. It never fails. 

And its real obvious cause dudes are not even giving real reasons why LFLS is better.
laugh.gif

It sounded better in our eardrums... what kind of reason are you looking for? 
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I was wondering what they were looking for as well 

isn't da end result of a product to entertain you? as "good" lyrically WTT was, overall it lacked serious replay value.... LFLS may have been softer barwise, but

overall it was alot more enjoyable.

Yep and I was responding to this:

Cheese Wagstaff wrote:

The ones that weren't "The Joy", "Illest MFr Alive", "Otis", "Primetime", and "Gotta Have It". Basically the ones that didn't have overblown dubstep techno sounding beats.
Which is just absurd. You came in defending LFLS and denouncing WTT... yet there's really only one beat you could call "dubsteb" ...sounds like you don't really have a good grasp of what's actually on WTT.
It's a joke that these two albums are even compared.

Cheese Wagstaff wrote:

And I go so hard
%+!## I go so hard...�

I mean....what exactly is wrong with that? It's better than:So basically, Russell ain’t the only Russell
Russell Brand, Russell Crowe

Zero Zero Zero Zero, a whole lot of 0’s 

Op is correct. tho...

its not even close either... last Wayne album I messed with

1st key
pimp.gif

u aint know
pimp.gif

leather so soft
pimp.gif

army gunz
pimp.gif

>>> WTT

pimp.gif

Ye verse on No Church In The Wild > Like Father Like Sun

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

Ye verse on No Church In The Wild > Like Father Like Sun

Birdman and Lil Waynes verses on Cali Dro > Jay Z and Kanye's verses in N_'s in Paris
Cali Dro knocks harder too

Back
Top Bottom