Like Father, Like Son > Watch The Throne

smh  
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Watch the Throne is very overrated on this site so everyone will disagree with you but I have no problem with that statement.  
LFLS has bangers straight through it.

Agreed.

Subject matter? Both albums were mediocre and talking about the same @#$% 
laugh.gif

Birdman might be trash lyrically, but he's far more entertaining than Kanye. Kanye's stupid @#$ "HAAAH" adlibs and "singing" (you know what I mean. That whole verse on N's in Paris type of @#$%) make the songs unbearable

Originally Posted by All Ready

if like father like son is the one that had 'army gunz' i'd have to agree

that album's full of singles

wtt was just a kanye album with jay on every song
that song used to stay on repeat............matter of fact that whole album was on repeat definitely a good album

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

WTT is grown folks music.. You a youngin so of course you would likely to agree that LFLS was better then WTT
jay-z straight phoned home his whole appearance on that album.... you grow old listenin to that overrated piece of work.
laugh.gif

LFLS was, How Fly wasn't better

Kind of off topic, but what exactly is everyone's problem with Lift Off? That part after the countdown ends and the trumpets and piano kick in 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The fact that a album featuring baby on every track is being compared to WTT and people agree that it was better shows me exactly why music is where its at. The fans are brain dead im convinced

Originally Posted by tyisny

The fact that a album featuring baby on every track is being compared to WTT and people agree that it was better shows me exactly why music is where its at. The fans are brain dead im convinced

Actually this is more of the reason why music is crappy.

People so quick to heap praise upon any piece of work by their favorite artists instead of judging the piece of work on its own merits.

WTT is just not very good.

I don't know whether I think Like Father Like Son is better.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Actually this is more of the reason why music is crappy.

People so quick to heap praise upon any piece of work by their favorite artists instead of judging the piece of work on its own merits.

WTT is just not very good.

I don't know whether I think Like Father Like Son is better.
Just bolding for emphasis. Once you get past the aura of Jay and Kanye coming together for a joint album, get past the fantastic album
cover and booklet, the %@^# is just underwhelming. I tried to fool myself into thinking it was something epic, just cause I'm a fan of

Jay and Kanye, but it just wasn't. Will I cop WTT2? Yes, it's just that my expectations for it our severely lowered...like anticipating a

Plies album.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Watch The Throne is over rated now? 
Is-This-Real-Life-Or-Is-This-Just-Fanta-Sea.jpeg
umm even on da MTV panel people were discussing how watch da throne wasn't hotter then prior solo jay-z albums.

The only reason people claim this album to be overated is because its Jay & Kanye and people were expecting an Instant classic. Point blank period Lyrically, Production wise, Theme wise, this was the best album that came out last year. I listen to the complete album damn near weekly and its been MONTHS since it released.

Then i'm reading who exactly are making these post and i see cats who be in the Lil B/ Odd future threads saying that said artist music is great. All the dudes are are treating the weeknds material as if he is the child of Mike jack & Prince. This website is full of dudes who hype $#%* because its the things the blogs tell em to do.

If any other combo of artist would have dropped a gem of this quality last year ya'll would be sucking them, but because its cool to dislike anything that is well established and actually getting REAL media attention dudes are sayin this album is wack.

Jay and Ye seem to be the only legends that go through this and i truthfully think its because they've amassed so much success, Like any time a new NAS, Mobb Deep, Talib, ANYTHING from WU or any under legend drops something it seems like its nothing but praise and people throw the word classic around wildly, but the second the guys who aren't the underdogs drop its overated and people are reaching

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Watch The Throne is over rated now? 
Is-This-Real-Life-Or-Is-This-Just-Fanta-Sea.jpeg
umm even on da MTV panel people were discussing how watch da throne wasn't hotter then prior solo jay-z albums.
-The MTV Panel?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Who cares what they think?
-I will cosign that point, but because it wasn't better than previous Hov albums doesn't mean it wasn't great. It was great. By far and away the best album of 2011, and the best collab album ever. 

The only reason people claim this album to be overated is because its Jay & Kanye and people were expecting an Instant classic. Point blank period Lyrically, Production wise, Theme wise, this was the best album that came out last year. I listen to the complete album damn near weekly and its been MONTHS since it released.

Then i'm reading who exactly are making these post and i see cats who be in the Lil B/ Odd future threads saying that said artist music is great. All the dudes are are treating the weeknds material as if he is the child of Mike jack & Prince. This website is full of dudes who hype $#%* because its the things the blogs tell em to do.

If any other combo of artist would have dropped a gem of this quality last year ya'll would be sucking them, but because its cool to dislike anything that is well established and actually getting REAL media attention dudes are sayin this album is wack.

Jay and Ye seem to be the only legends that go through this and i truthfully think its because they've amassed so much success, Like any time a new NAS, Mobb Deep, Talib, ANYTHING from WU or any under legend drops something it seems like its nothing but praise and people throw the word classic around wildly, but the second the guys who aren't the underdogs drop its overated and people are reaching

Ironic statements are ironic.

I will cosign that point, but because it wasn't better than previous Hov albums doesn't mean it wasn't great. It was great. By far and away the best album of 2011, and the best collab album ever. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

There were possibly 5 mixtapes better than this, and unless Shaolin vs WT doesn't exist, then no, it wasn't "far and away the best album of 2011".

Best collab album ever? Maybe by default, since in rap's history, two major solo artists have rarely gotten together for joint albums. Not sure if serious.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Those are the same clowns who say Rick Ross is the hottest MC in the game...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Great post
pimp.gif

therock.gif

/Thread

Kanye hasnt put out one bad project to this date

dude puts so much effort and time into his music and craft but yall just bash it

like how can you watch this and hear the stories and say its "weak" or "garbage"

For Hip Hop News & Entertainment at DimeWars.Com

WTT is very overrated, if a collabo album between Jay and Kanye is gonna happen, that *#$* should sound like The Black Album and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy had a baby. just cause you play WTT every hour of your life don't mean it was the best album of last year. WTT does not suck. Its actually a very dope album... I never said WTT was trash, i just said LFLS was better than WTT.

Back
Top Bottom