|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last superstar that the Lakers got through free agency was Shaq. You can go ahead and add in Malone and Payton, but they were past their primes. Why does everyone expect free agents to sign with the Lakers when all their big name stars were acquired via trade.

Are dudes serious with the Randle criticism? How old is he again? And what were his stats last year?
I forgot you all know more than the team USA committee that picked him up on the USA Select team

We ain't competing for championships for at least 6-8 years minimum.

So only focus right now should be development and adding positive role models to the team to help groom the youngings and make them I to consummate pros.

Get rid of Nick and Lou and preach team ball, and we'll have a team we can be proud to root for again in 3 years.

We ain't competing for championships for at least 6-8 years minimum.

So only focus right now should be development and adding positive role models to the team to help groom the youngings and make them I to consummate pros.

Get rid of Nick and Lou and preach team ball, and we'll have a team we can be proud to root for again in 3 years.

Damn son, thats on some '88 to '00 type steez

Last edited:
Zubac is no more than 7'1 in that pic if Ingram is 6'9. I can eyeball work.

I'm gonna try my best to dial down the hype this year but man...this team is gonna be scary good. I'll just offer this nugget for people saying we should trade for westbrook. The laker front office is copying the warriors, they wanna be the warriors...it's blatant. There's no westbrook on the warriors and there never could be. There's no way they trade any of the core for him. This team has the potential to be almost as good as the new warriors.

Well the Wolves are the closer than us for sure, they have the better talent and structure. They're the next young squad up and GS's quartet isn't even close to falling off until 2021 at the earliest, so that timeline is about accurate.

Last edited:

I'm gonna try my best to dial down the hype this year but man...this team is gonna be scary good. I'll just offer this nugget for people saying we should trade for westbrook. The laker front office is copying the warriors, they wanna be the warriors...it's blatant. There's no westbrook on the warriors and there never could be. There's no way they trade any of the core for him. This team has the potential to be almost as good as the new warriors.

I get what you tryna say but let's not go overboard. :lol:

Well the Wolves are the closer that us for sure, they have the better talent and structure. They're the next young squad up and GS's quartet isn't even close to falling off until 2021 at the earliest, so that timeline is about accurate.

You're telling me to be a competitive team for the title to expect to wait 6-8 years for that to happen?

You can't even predict who will be on the roster by then, it's far too long a timeline.

No one would have guessed the Warriors would have won when they finally did, they looked like an 'also-ran' team like the Clippers or Grizzles.

Any team that can make the WCF/ECF is competitive for the title. We can be that well within 6-8 years.

Last edited:
We'll be a 2nd rd exit at best unless a star picks us or both Ingram AND D'Lo reach that level.

not sure how this team is going to be scary good, scary yes.

a bunch of youngsters learning, im ok with that.

Pass dat **** cuz

Would that really surprise you?

Their projections lend themselves to being multi-time All Stars. That's not an exaggeration, especially of D'Angelo who we've seen have great moments when given the freedom last year.

Ingram more so than D'Lo I'm expecting him to be an All Star, just because of the position and the multiple facets of the game he affects. It'll be much harder for D'Lo to reach that level especially with the plethora of great guards still in the West (esp at PG). Say it takes 4 years for them (fair projection) to reach near that level. At the same time you have the chores of the aforementioned Wolves and even the Jazz that are further ahead in development in that process. Lakers are still a 2nd rd exit even with 2 all star caliber players. When GS finally falls off that'll be the moment hopefully they can take the next step to true contender status. I mean if we're going by the GS model it took 4 years from when Steph was drafted to even make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Ingram more so than D'Lo I'm expecting him to be an All Star, just because of the position and the multiple facets of the game he affects. It'll be much harder for D'Lo to reach that level especially with the plethora of great guards still in the West (esp at PG). Say it takes 4 years for them (fair projection) to reach near that level. At the same time you have the chores of the aforementioned Wolves and even the Jazz that are further ahead in development in that process. Lakers are still a 2nd rd exit even with 2 all star caliber players. When GS finally falls off that'll be the moment hopefully they can take the next step to true contender status. I mean if we're going by the GS model it took 4 years from when Steph was drafted to even make the playoffs.

I don't think the Jazz have a player with the potential of Ingram. We can't predict the future but as far as the young teams in the West with the most potential I would say Minnesota is by far #1 then us.

If you want to point to where the Warriors became serious about contending you'd have to point to 2011, when Jerry West came on board and they started making really smart decisions. We already have smart decision makers on our end, so we escape that hurdle. It's simply a matter of player growth, which as you said, four years is a fair projection for them. Supplemented with capable role players, a Lakers team four years out should be a contender for the title, if not sooner.

Last edited:
Imo, Dlo and Ingram are untouchable, at least at the very moment. Can't say that for Randle...who may be on his way out.

mNllSP.gif

Just for reference...

Randle was 20th in PPG, 2nd in RPG, T-9th in APG among PFs.

Not to mention, his numbers dipped considerably when unnecessarily moved to the bench for really no reason at all. Which requires you to figure out a new role, then was moved back to the Starting Lineup and for the life of me still don't understand what Byron was trying to do.

But yeah, clearly there's no potential for the guy... I mean it's not like we were running an offense that played to his weak areas

Does he need to improve? Absolutely... But some of you are acting like he just pulled Anthony Bennett numbers.

For essentially a rookie, those numbers are really good

Last edited:
If you want to point to where the Warriors became serious about contending you'd have to point to 2011, when Jerry West came on board and they started making really smart decisions. We already have smart decision makers on our end, so we escape that hurdle. It's simply a matter of player growth, which as you said, four years is a fair projection for them. Supplemented with capable role players, a Lakers team four years out should be a contender for the title, if not sooner.

We have smart decision makers? I think that's the exact opposite of what we have at the moment. A dysfunctional brain trust is what we have. Hopefully it's rectified after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom