|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we actually owned our picks it wouldn't be a necessity, but we don't so it's what's necessary to infuse the maximum amount of talent since we can't get any outside ones to come in. 

Well if we actually owned our picks it wouldn't be a necessity, but we don't so it's what's necessary to infuse the maximum amount of talent since we can't get any outside ones to come in. 

Except we've demonstrated an keen eye for talent in the draft, haven't we? Clarkson and Nance are the obvious answers since they're with us now, but our FO has successfully identified and drafted many players who ended being at least contributors with us or with other teams.

:lol: OKC

If they didn't trade Harden AND Bledsoe they'd be a freaking dynasty right now.

Good God they were stupid.

OKC would have been a dynasty even without Harden had they had health. Hell they've been in the WCF 4 outta the last 6 seasons. The downfall started with Harden though for sure. Cheap ownership. 

Except we've demonstrated an keen eye for talent in the draft, haven't we? Clarkson and Nance are the obvious answers since they're with us now, but our FO has successfully identified and drafted many players who ended being at least contributors with us or with other teams.

No doubt. That's why if there was no protection on the pick we wouldn't be talking about the lottery. I'm pretty confident in the Lakers draft evaluations, no matter if it's top 5, 15-20 or 30-35. However, due to the traded pick, we gotta pray for top 3 in the lottery. Unlike previous years, it doesn't matter if we get 1, 2 or 3. There's gunna be a stud at every spot.

Last edited:
Funny thing about the Warriors, they lucked into Curry at 7 cuz Kahn took the wrong 2 point guards. Also, imagine if the Thunder took Curry at 3 instead of Harden?

Then in 2010, they took Udoh over Paul George lol. Luckily they struck gold with Klay & Dray.

Lakers probably most resemble OKC. Gotta hope Dlo & Ingram can turn into our versions of KD & Russy.

Last edited:
After watching the press conference with Ingram and Zubac, I have a feeling that Zubac will be a crowd favorite. He was pretty funny with his answers at the press conference and just genuinely seems real happy to be a Laker.

Kobe's old locker

V0_BEQFo.jpg

I'm against trading for Westbrook right now, but boy his highlights are making me think otherwise. :lol:

I'm against trading for Westbrook right now, but boy his highlights are making me think otherwise. :lol:

Think it happens in February
Depending on where things stand, I would be okay with giving up the Clarkson, Randle and Lou poo-poo platter.

Then offer the extension to him, so he can enter free agency after his 10 year when he's eligible for the 35% super max.

There's really no use in pinning our hopes on more top draft picks going forward.
laugh.gif

We got back to back top two picks and a top ten pick before those two. How many teams pick that high up consistently and end up being good soon thereafter?

It's better for us that we look to move forward with what we've got and give them every tool they need to succeed.
Golden State
OKC

I mean that is who we're trying to emulate right? 

And we haven't exactly made moves that are going to get us a jump in wins. So midas whale try and get one more star in a loaded draft next season. Literally is us, the Sixers, and Nets as the worst 3 teams in the league, it's right there. 
Here's a list of the Warriors most recent draft picks:

2016 NBA 1 30 Damian Jones Vanderbilt University
2015 NBA 1 30 Kevon Looney University of California, Los Angeles
2012 NBA 1 7 Harrison Barnes University of North Carolina
2012 NBA 1 30 Festus Ezeli Vanderbilt University
2012 NBA 2 35 Draymond Green Michigan State University
2012 NBA 2 52 Ognjen Kuzmić Clinicas Rincón (Spain)
2011 NBA 1 11 Klay Thompson Washington State University

How many of those players were a top five pick? (I've highlighted the players that were)

My point is that being at the very top of the draft consistently is not the surest path back to being a great team.

For the hell of it, I'll include OKC with this as well. You'll note that the best players they got were in the top five, but many were picked outside of it that were serious contributors and cannot be ignored.

Draft year League Round Pick Player College/High School/Club
2015 NBA 2 48 Dakari Johnson Kentucky
2014 NBA 1 21 Mitch McGary Michigan
2014 NBA 1 29 Josh Huestis Stanford
2013 NBA 1 12 Steven Adams Pittsburgh
2013 NBA 1 29 Archie Goodwin Kentucky
2013 NBA 2 32 Álex Abrines FC Barcelona (Spain)
2012 NBA 1 28 Perry Jones Baylor
2011 NBA 1 24 Reggie Jackson Boston College
2010 NBA 1 18 Eric Bledsoe Kentucky
2010 NBA 1 21 Craig Brackins Iowa State
2010 NBA 1 26 Quincy Pondexter Washington
2010 NBA 2 51 jamesmark manulat [[Louisiana Tech Bulldogs basketball{FBNHS]]
2009 NBA 1 3 James Harden Arizona State
2009 NBA 1 25 Rodrigue Beaubois Cholet (France)
2008 NBA 1 4 Russell Westbrook UCLA
2008 NBA 1 24 Serge Ibaka L'Hospitalet (Spain)
2008 NBA 2 32 Walter Sharpe UAB
2008 NBA 2 46 Trent Plaisted BYU
2008 NBA 2 50 DeVon Hardin California
2008 NBA 2 56 Sasha Kaun Kansas
2007 NBA 1 2 Kevin Durant Texas
OKC also traded for/drafted Jeff Green at 5. So that's 4 top 5 picks on one team. 

GS was in the lottery from 2008 to 2012, missed on some of those but happened to get Green late.

You could put Cavs in there too. No way Lebron goes back without them having all of those assets (top picks)

I'm pretty much at the same spot. I'd trade Randle & Clarkson for him. But If OKC demands Ingram or DLo, I'll take my chances on signing Russy in free agency

Yea outside of Boston I don't see anyone else that has picks or players to offer OKC. The tea leaves are trending that he wants to come here anyway.

D'Lo and Ingram are the guys with all star potential, Clarkson and Randle are nice players but replaceable. If they take that poo poo platter and we get a bona-fide superstar in Westbrook here see ya later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom