LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Might need an avy/screen name change
frown.gif

fixed for you

I'd take Crowell over JWJ any day of the week.

Buuuut I'm not gonna count by eggs before they hatch. Everything is def point @ FSU right now for Wilder Jr.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Buuuut I'm not gonna count by eggs before they hatch. Everything is def point @ FSU right now for Wilder Jr.

Crowell IMO is the best RB in 2011 now that it seems Black Mamba is gonna play CB

Pretty good so far. Needs to tighten up his technique, but he's competing hard and grinding. Not backing down from anybody.

Probably gonna be the opening day KR.

Crowell is an animal. I  wish he gave us a shot.

And Mamba is 100% CB? Is he that good?

Wouldn't say 100%, but smart money is on that move.

He will be looking up to Dillon Baxter and Co., plus we have depth at RB.

On top of that, he seems to be a good CB, let's face it, more kids are going to strive for that Asoumagha/Revis money.

RB's get the glory, but they take a major beating, have short careers and don't make top dollar.

We will be thin in the secondary, chance to start right away.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

On top of that, he seems to be a good CB, let's face it, more kids are going to strive for that Asoumagha/Revis money.

RB's get the glory, but they take a major beating, have short careers and don't make top dollar.

you should worry about getting him at USC 1st before you figure out what postion he would play for them.

and i thought he commited to USC because they promised him he could play RB? same crap meyers is telling him.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

you should worry about getting him at USC 1st before you figure out what postion he would play for them.

and i thought he commited to USC because they promised him he could play RB? same crap meyers is telling him.

What's the point of worrying?  Leave that to the folks across town.

There is no need to figure out which position he is going to play, because it seems like he is choosing to play the position he wants.

Lane offered him a shot at RB, and I'm sure he still has it.  The kid wants to play CB, don't see what the problem is.  Lane isn't the one telling him to play CB in all these camps.

You don't think these kids are not seeing the money on the table for Revis?  A RB will never make that type of money.  Elite CB's are getting QB money.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by dreClark

Crowell IMO is the best RB in 2011 now that it seems Black Mamba is gonna play CB

No sour grapes but there are plenty of RB's that I think will be better in college than JWJ. I'd honestly take Crowell, Bellamy, Blakely, Malcom Brown over JWJ at RB. But for the battle for FL I'd let him play RB even though I believe it'd be a huge mistake.

No matter who he picks it ain't over. It's gonna be some Elam type +%%*.

At 1st, I was thinking the same thing.

But the more I looked @ it, its not even remotely the same situation. The dynamics are waaaaaaay different.

- Wilder doesn't have family pushing him to Florida, to the degree that Elam did.
- Wilder was only a UF Lean, not a commit like Elam
- Wilder doesn't have the attachment to Urban Meyer specifically, like Elam did.
- Wilder doesn't have a HC/ 3 coaches on his staff that are former players/gator lovers that are pushing him to go to UF. Doesn't have a teammate committed to UF. Everyone knows Dwyer is a UF school. In fact, I don't think the Plant HC has sent anyone to UF and Wilder has only been coached by him for 2 years
-Though Elam was entertaining other schools along the way (WVU, UT, FSU) it took unforeseen circumstances for him to actually de-commit from UF and commit to FSU. It wasn't b/c of a genuine love, fitting into the scheme, etc. JWJ (should he commit) would be coming b/c of Eddie Gran's rep, and actual evidence of how he would be used on offense
- At the end of the day, there are different circumstances, and I think it'll play out different. Definitely won't have the same amount of drama's that Elam did, even if JWJ were to end up @ UF after committing to FSU. That Elam mess was crazy. The whole time he was committed it was shaky, then Urban had his heart to heart/God talk w/ Elam and it was over after that
laugh.gif
smh.gif
. UF's definitely not gonna give up tho

Yeah, I'd take Crowell,

I wasn't speaking specifics. More general how he loves the attention, constant flipping and it won't be over until he signs, no matter who he picks Wednesday.

wilder loves the attention? I dunno about that.
He hasnt been flip floppin or makin a spectacle.
UF was the early leader til he took visit to FSU.
thats just a casse of UF followers believing he was a Gator Lock when he really never was.

U wanna see someone who loves attention, see Gabe Wright's recruitment. every week, every visit its a new leader.

thats just a casse of UF followers believing he was a Gator Lock when he really never was.

U wanna see someone who loves attention, see Gabe Wright's recruitment. every week, every visit its a new leader.

Attention probably wasn't the right word, drama is.

Attention probably wasn't the right word, drama is.

Back
Top Bottom