LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

^lmao. Haha (Haseen's nickname, holla at he ddot7
laugh.gif
) talking about moving up his commitment date. Supposed to come back up here w/ Karlos Williams.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And early word is that Cortez is coming in as a CB, not a safety. Boy is like 6'5. I know he plays CB in highschool but I figured he would move to Safety. Could be like our version of Robert Sands from WVU (who is a baller. How did UM let him get out of Dade
smh.gif
)

Originally Posted by dreClark

^lmao. Haha (Haseen's nickname, holla at he ddot7
laugh.gif
) talking about moving up his commitment date. Supposed to come back up here w/ Karlos Williams.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And early word is that Cortez is coming in as a CB, not a safety. Boy is like 6'5. I know he plays CB in highschool but I figured he would move to Safety. Could be like our version of Robert Sands from WVU (who is a baller. How did UM let him get out of Dade
smh.gif
)
roll.gif

Funny dude.
I just read about the recruit F$U stole.  Tez, right?

Ohio St had their 40's timed yesterday (electronic).

Saine 4.4
J Jackson 4.6
Chris Fields 4.55
Stoneburner 4.58
eek.gif

Hines 4.6
Torrence 4.67

I don't know if I can believe any reported 40 time, electronic or not, prior to the combine. They're all just so inflated it's ridiculous.

Originally Posted by ddot7

I don't know if I can believe any reported 40 time, electronic or not, prior to the combine. They're all just so inflated it's ridiculous.

Well thats why I think those times are legit. They're pretty slow.

Posey, Pryor, and Chekwa didnt run though. They're probably the three fastest players on the team.
Pryor just had surgery to repair the PCL tear he had this past yr.

WHAC has a notoriously fast track but whatever...this should hopefully be the quietest off season for the Buckeyes in awhile. Reminds me a lot of the 2006 spring and summer.

All they really need to see is if Gant or OJ (ay!) can replace Coleman at safety, and then prepare for the Canes on 9/11.

IYE...I'm most impressed with Simon's 4.83.
pimp.gif
Although...I didn't think Stoney could scoot like that.

Originally Posted by The Stoic Paisano

WHAChas a notoriously fast track but whatever...this should hopefully bethe quietest off season for the Buckeyes in awhile. Reminds me a lot ofthe 2006 spring and summer.

All they really need to see is if Gant or OJ (ay!) can replace Coleman at safety, and then prepare for the Canes on 9/11.
There's still a section of the WHAC that has the old surface still intact which is Ohio State's "fast track" which you always hear about. The players were on the newer surface which is considered "slower".

New LeMay article from the AJC:

b
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Elite QB Christian LeMay finding common ground at Georgia[/h1]
1:37 pm March 1, 2010, by Chip Towers

It’s a long way until national signing day and the competition for quarterback Christian LeMayis going to be fierce. But the early returns are favorable for Georgiain its pursuit of this elite quarterback, who may be ranked No. 1 athis position before it’s all said and done.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound LeMay threw for 3,296 yards with 44touchdowns and just two interceptions in leading Butler High toanundefeated record and  the North Carolina 4A state championship lastseason. He projects as one of the top quarterback prospects in thenation for the Class of 2011. Scout.com currently rates him No. 2.

LeMay was at UGA this past Saturday to visit the Bulldogs for theirsecond junior day of the winter. It was the fourth trip to Athens forthe Matthews, N.C., resident since first attending an Elite 11Quarterbacks Camp there last summer. He plans to come back again in thespring.

LeMay brought his entire family on the trip, including his mother,father, sister and two brothers, both of whom are projected prospects. Uriah LeMay is rising-sophomore wide receiver and Benjamin is a freshman running back.

“I didn’t stay overnight. I wish I could have but I had to get backfor church,

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Damn, Rajaan was a powerful man. Sad to see his life cut short.

The freshmen on Michigan that should have an impact:
Demarr Dorsey - Special Teams and secondary.
Cullen Christian- Same as above
Devin Gardner - If nothing more to just give some comp to the other two and make them work harder.
Kenny Wilkins - 6-3 245lbs before he hits campus and should be in the mix to play some DE/OLB
Jibreel Black - Has enough size to get in there for the mix at DE. So weak on the DL depth wise we need frosh to do something.

Hopefully this class will redshirt around 22 of the 27 because the previous two classes will have matured and provide some depth.

Craig "Death" Roh is about to become a problem. If the kid has added anywhere near 10-15 from last year, he will be a beast. Kid has a non stop motor and has a spin move that is deadly. So excited about him. Kid is going to be a star.
pimp.gif

Whats our biggest weakness you suppose for our team this upcoming season ?

^ Defense, alot of inexperience. Young secondary, LB's suck, DL could be alright.

Anybody hear of any new features or info on NCAA Football 2011 dis year?

ND and BCS talks?
laugh.gif

the offense gives me a little hope with; Crist, Floyd, Evans, Rudolph, Riddick and Allen....

but unless things change up front on both sides of the ball, same old story.

Defensively just interested to see Teo and maybe Filer/Fleming/Johnson..

C'mon, now, how can you be that stupid?
laugh.gif

Citadel QB's alleged robbery victim was his assistant coach

The victim allegedly robbed Saturday by a Citadel football player from metro Atlanta was one of the quarterback's coaches.

Police charged Miguel Starks, a 19-year-old quarterback who lettered in football and baseball at Clayton County's Mundy's Mill High School, with robbing Citadel assistant football coach Joshua Harpe, the Post and Courier newspaper of Charleston reported.

Also charged in the robbery was former Citadel linebacker Reggie Rice, who played high school football at Greenbrier High School in the east Georgia town of Evans.

Both Starks and Rice, 22, were charged with armed robbery, first-degree burglary, kidnapping and possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, Charleston police spokesman Charles Francis said in a news release.

Two College of Charleston students were also arrested in connection with the case. Stephen Horace Francois, 20, was charged with armed robbery, kidnapping and first-degree burglary, and Sasha Gaskins, 18, was charged with accessory after the fact.
According to the Post and Courier report, Harpe told police that three intruders with black bandanas, gloves and a silver revolver wrapped him in duct tape, then ransacked his bedroom, stealing a flat-screen television, video games, a Citadel ring, his bank card and other items.

According to the newspaper, Charleston County sheriff's deputies are looking into whether the group was also responsible for a similar home invasion Feb. 24 on James Island outside Charleston.

In that incident, a man and woman were bound with duct tape by masked intruders who stole a flat-screen TV and other electronic items. The woman told police she was forced to perform a sex act at gunpoint, the Post and Courier reported.

laugh.gif
disgusting!

all the buzz is tennessee's all world red shirt frosh RT Aaron Douglas who only played one yr at tackle and dominated is about to be off the team *facepalm*

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Damn, Rajaan was a powerful man. Sad to see his life cut short.

The freshmen on Michigan that should have an impact:
Demarr Dorsey - Special Teams and secondary.
Cullen Christian- Same as above
Devin Gardner - If nothing more to just give some comp to the other two and make them work harder.
Kenny Wilkins - 6-3 245lbs before he hits campus and should be in the mix to play some DE/OLB
Jibreel Black - Has enough size to get in there for the mix at DE. So weak on the DL depth wise we need frosh to do something.

Hopefully this class will redshirt around 22 of the 27 because the previous two classes will have matured and provide some depth.

Craig "Death" Roh is about to become a problem. If the kid has added anywhere near 10-15 from last year, he will be a beast. Kid has a non stop motor and has a spin move that is deadly. So excited about him. Kid is going to be a star.
pimp.gif

Whats our biggest weakness you suppose for our team this upcoming season ?
1. Secondary- Woolfolk is the only returner that is worth a starting spot. My guess is Emilien, Kovacs and Williams are going to go after the other S spot. The corners should be JT Floyd and JT Turner. Could be DD or CC or one of the other frosh but putting 2 guys out there that have little or zero experience is going to be tough. Thats why the DL needs to get after that QB and we have to blitz a ton to try and get pressure.
2. LB- GRob is going to have to do quite a bit with these guys to get them up to par. Mouton and Ezeh need to show that they are worth a starting spot or else you have to go with Fitzgerald and someone else young to get experience up. If Obi and Jonas struggle the first 2 games, they should not see the field again. Roh will be the quick and should be a stud. The spinner IMO will be Mike Jones or Brandin Hawthore. Once again a young guy.

3. Kicking- Mesko is gone and someone needs to just show up and get it off consistently. Dont care if it is 45 per but just to try to get enough air to have guys cover. Ole is gone too so they need a kicker and hopefully Gibbons can be the big leg he was touted as.

Those are the three biggest problems for this team and I don't think anything is close to those. Possibly a healthy Tate but I think he can stay healthy this year. Hope at least. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rutgers to the Big 10 a done deal.... ?

Whoa. Really? RIP to that team if so, they wont have a chance to do anything, ever.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Whoa. Really? RIP to that team if so, they wont have a chance to do anything, ever.

huh? besides Ohio State, what Big Ten team is just pure dominant ?

Quarterback derby begins at UGA

ATHENS -- One is known for his legs, one for his arm and one for a dislocated ankle.

All three were prized prospects in high school, have little or no collegiate experience and desperately want to be Georgia's starting quarterback in the fall.

The high-profile competition begins in earnest Thursday, the first day of spring football practice at Georgia. As tight end Aron White put it, the quarterbacks "come into spring ball with guns blazing, everybody trying to let it loose and prove they're the guy."
The combatants:

* Logan Gray, last season's little-used backup, is a junior from Columbia, Mo., who brings speed and athleticism to the competition.
* Zach Mettenberger, from nearby Oconee County, is a 6-foot-5 redshirt freshman with an arm so strong that, according to White, "everybody says he's like the second coming of [Matthew] Stafford."
* Aaron Murray is a redshirt freshman who gained near-legend status in Tampa by unexpectedly returning from a dislocated ankle/broken fibula and leading his high school team to a state championship while still clearly hobbled.

"The way we're viewing it going into the spring," UGA offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Mike Bobo said of the competition, "it's wide open."

All three candidates embrace the challenge. All three say it will be a battle among friends. All three say they expect to win the job.

"It's definitely a big spring for us three quarterbacks," Mettenberger said. "We’re all really excited about the competition, and we're all pushing each other to do the best we can. ... I think in everyone's opinion, Coach Bobo and us three, we're all tied right now."

Said Murray: "It's not going to be, you know, go out there and cut each other's throat off or anything like that. It's going to be ... nice friendly competition, and in the end the best guy is going to play."

Georgia returns starters at the other 10 positions on offense, but its three quarterbacks have thrown only 12 passes in college games -- all by Gray.

For all of their high school accolades -- all three were invited to the prestigious Elite 11 camp for the best-of-the-best quarterback prospects -- it is perilous for an SEC team to enter a season with so little experience at such a critical position.
"It's a difficult situation," Bobo said. "You never want to start a year when you've got an unknown at the quarterback position, but at the same time I look at it as a great opportunity for a bunch of young guys."

Coach Mark Richt said he's willing to declare a starter at the end of spring practice, which runs through the G-Day intrasquad game April 10, if one candidate separates himself convincingly. But Richt said it's more likely that the competition will continue into the summer.

His best advice for the candidates: "Have a healthy respect for the football."

Complicating the decision is that the quarterbacks won't be competing with the same weapons. Gray brings mobility. Mettenberger brings the big arm. Murray is a hybrid -- less mobile than Gray but more mobile than Mettenberger, not as strong-armed as Mettenberger but perhaps more accurate.

"Maybe you'd see exactly where everybody stood if we all had the tall [frame], strong arm [of Mettenberger] or were a fast guy like maybe me," Gray said. "I think ultimately the coaches are looking for who is going to be the most consistent, who's going to be a leader of this team, who's going to be able to provide playmaking skills that will help us win ballgames. Whether you get it done one way or the other way, whoever is getting it done best is going to be the guy."

The quarterbacks know their competition will be much-discussed and much-dissected throughout Bulldog Nation.

"Everyone is going to have their opinion," Murray said. "There's going to be ... people rooting for Zach or Logan to start with. You just can't let that affect [you]."

White, who admits partisanship for high school teammate Gray, sums up the competition well:

"Logan brings so much more to the table than sitting in the pocket. I think if you don't incorporate him carrying the ball and getting out on the edge every once in a while, you'd be doing him and our team a disservice.

"Mettenberger, if it was up to me, is a guy who would just sit back in the pocket all day. Because that's a guy who has just got a cannon.

"Murray is a little more of a balance between a pocket passer and someone who can break the pocket. He's obviously a very athletic guy.

"I think they all give us a good chance of winning. It's just [a matter of] which one the coaches feel gives us the best chance of winning."

Let's get it, Murray. Ya'll other dudes can go kick rocks...

Originally Posted by Noskey

huh? besides Ohio State, what Big Ten team is just pure dominant ?

Rutgers cant even do anything in the Big East. So I really cant see them being more successful playing against OSU, Penn St, Wisconsin and co. But hey, I wouldnt be mad if they leave the Big East for a better conference.

Back
Top Bottom