LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by ddot7

How often do you Miami fans switch SNs? I know you all have a lot of posts, but that's because you're lame. I can't tell anymore which ones I don't like and which ones I really don't like.

i see you're still mad from the past 2summers when you predicted such a good record for Clemson.......and failed......i'm
mad.gif
for you
laugh.gif
...i really am....get on bc, heard it makes your .easier

Mike Belotti just stepped down as AD. Going to work on College Football stuff on ESPN.

Rumors of Tony Dungy flying around Eugene right now.

Havent seen this posted yet but the Presser is going on right now. Bellotti out as Oregon AD. How far has this athletic program fallen in the last few months?
nerd.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Canzano blog: Mike Bellotti stepping down as Oregon athletic director[/h1][h4]By John Canzano, The Oregonian[/h4][h5]March 19, 2010, 9:01AM[/h5]
UPDATE - 10:48 a.m. Source confirms to The Oregonian that Oregon athletic director Mike Bellotti will step down to take a position with ESPN.

(UPDATE: University of Oregon just released this at 9:24 a.m.... "At 11:30 a.m. today, University of Oregon Athletics Director Mike Bellotti will make an important announcement about leadership at the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics." Portland's 95.5-FM will carry the news conference live.)

Keep a close eye on University of Oregon athletic director Mike Bellotti today. The guy did good things as the Ducks football coach, and has had to deal with a couple of real headaches recently. Reliable source tells me Bellotti is going to make an announcement, and it will have him stepping down as the AD to go to work for ESPN. The recent string of troubles have been the kind of stuff that makes you long for coaching or a job as a television analyst, I'm thinking.
bellottijpg-320b16f038174312_medium.jpg
Thomas Boyd, The OregonianMike Bellotti's last coaching duties were during spring practice, when he served as Chip Kelly's quarterbacks coach. Bellotti had to oversee the recent cluster of activity around the football team, and also, the firing of a close colleague (basketball coach Ernie Kent). Felt during both of those cases that Bellotti must have been thinking about how wonderful it would be to simply worry about your own program, rather than clean up the messes in other ones.
I spoke with Bellotti on a couple of occasions during the football season, and you could tell that he really was enjoying not being in the daily fray of football. During recruiting season, in particular, he talked about the time he got to be at home. But now I'm wondering if he'd have traded that fray for the one he is currently enduring. I would think AD as the least desireable position at the UO athletic department over the last few weeks. When your guys are busy looking like clowns, that makes you the ring master.

Bellotti has to be thinking, "I left the stresses of coaching for this?!?!?"

The job of athletic director is not a glorified position. It's management, without the real glory. You find egos there, but it's not close to coaching if you're talking about the thrill of victory. And, no doubt, from Bellotti's presence on the sideline, etc. he's a guy who prefers to be in the middle of things.

I felt from the start that there was a possibility that Oregon could have Bellotti both as football coach Chip Kelly's predecessor and successor. Is this just a break to catch his breath while Kelly coaches the Ducks for a good spell? Would Bellotti join Kelly as an assistant coach? Or take a year off and go to work as a television analyst before getting back into coaching? Wouldn't be shocked. I don't think Kelly is going anywhere soon, and the setbacks inside the program have certainly hurt him nationally, but keep an eye on Bellotti as this all moves forward.

My bet: A year working as an analyst for college football, then back to coaching.

Chester, I honestly have to say I did not see this coming... Is this as big of a surprise to you as it is to me? And seriously? Tony Dungy? Why would he want to move to Eugene?

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

How often do you Miami fans switch SNs? I know you all have a lot of posts, but that's because you're lame. I can't tell anymore which ones I don't like and which ones I really don't like.

i see you're still mad from last summer when you predicted such a good record for Clemson.......and failed......i'm
mad.gif
for you
laugh.gif
Umm...found the ACC thread.  Quote me, from 9/1/09:

Anyway...I hope we have a winning record this year, 6-6 is most likely though. Week 2, first ACC game against GT on a Thursday night IN ATL? We got screwed with that one. Basically have 2 days to prepare for it, which sucks...though I'm sure they've beengetting ready for Johnson's O (pause). I doubt we'll win it but if we do, it'd be key for the wholeseason.
We ended up 8-4 regular season and in the ACC Championship.

I noticed you were LifeLessons...yeah, I really don't like you.

People are sleeping on Miami. I think they go 3-1 through the first 4 and end up winning the Coastal.

I guess I was right about one of my predictions.  Who won our game too?

Then I said on 9/3:

Watching these two teams playing right now, I'm changing my prediction for Clemson from 6-6 to 8-4.

Nah, its been a rumor for a while now. Mike loves football and has been waiting for an opportunity like this.

He took the AD job simply because he loves the University, but after seeing him at all the Duck Club events and what-not you could tell his heart wasn't in the job.

Nothing but love for Mike - very appreciated!

Anyway...I hope we have a winning record this year, 6-6 is most likely though. Week 2, first ACC game against GT on a Thursday night IN ATL? We got screwed with that one. Basically have 2 days to prepare for it, which sucks...though I'm sure they've beengetting ready for Johnson's O (pause). I doubt we'll win it but if we do, it'd be key for the wholeseason.
We ended up 8-4 regular season and in the ACC Championship.

I noticed you were LifeLessons...yeah, I really don't like you.
trainingdaybo_l.jpg

yea it was actually the 08 season predictions not 09...thats my bad
laugh.gif
but obviously the hate is still in ya blood....
smokin.gif

[h1]Bellotti quits as Ducks AD, joins ESPN[/h1]

Former Oregon football coach Mike Bellotti has resigned as the Ducks' athletic director and will join ESPN as a college football analyst.

ncf_u_belotti_65.jpg

Bellotti

Bellotti, who assumed the position of athletic director in July, will provide studio and game analysis among several ESPN platforms, making his debut April 17 on ESPNU's telecast of Auburn's spring football game.

"I am really excited to join the best team in college football broadcasting," Bellotti said in a statement Friday. "Working as an analyst for ESPN is a dream come true and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I will bring the insight, experience and expertise I have gathered from 36 years of coaching college football to the studio and telecast booth. Spring ball is in full swing, I can't wait to start."

In 14 seasons, Bellotti's Ducks went 116-55 as he became the school's winningest football coach.

"Coach Bellotti ranks as one of the most successful head coaches in the perennial power Pac-10 Conference," Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production said in a statement. "His knowledge and experience will deepen our roster of analysts and provide us with a unique perspective of someone who recently coached in the game."

A UC Davis graduate in 1973, Bellotti joined Oregon in 1989 as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach under Rich Brooks.

Bellotti's resignation follows a turbulent winter for the Ducks' football program.

Most recently, quarterback Jeremiah Masoli was suspended for the upcoming season by coach Chip Kelly after pleading guilty to second-degree burglary in the theft of a pair of laptops and a guitar from a campus fraternity.

On the same day earlier this month, running back LaMichael James was suspended for the season opener after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor harassment charge stemming from an altercation with his former girlfriend.

Masoli pleaded guilty as part of a deal that reduced his charge from a felony to a misdemeanor. Former Ducks receiver Garrett Embry pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of second-degree burglary as well.

Masoli is the biggest name atop a list of incidents involving nine players, five of whom were kicked off the team or suspended for 2010.

Bellotti is gonna quit, stay away for a year, then he can ride back in to save the program from Chip Kelly and be lauded as a hero.

Son (Forget that, I'd murder myself if you were my son)

I don't hate you.  I said really dislike.

PS.  You're the one who still holds a grudge against a teenager for not choosing your school.  Fascinating.

Son (Forget that, I'd murder myself if you were my son)

I don't hate you.  I said really dislike.

PS.  You're the one who still holds a grudge against a teenager for not choosing your school.  Fascinating.
lol_que.jpg

you're really mad? like i said "bc" will make your . easier

and it was all jokes about deonte and antone
laugh.gif
...i couldn't care less...i just find it funny more then anything

Belotti knows when to escape. Great timing.

Chip is on the verge of running thta program into the ground.

Not kicking Masoli off the team completely is a Joke.
Dude has a sheet already, the other guy involved was kicked off completely and Masoli lied to CCK.
smh.gif
Makin it real easy for the rest of the Ducks to continue !#%%@$ up if you dont discipline.

Dungy ant going to Oregon to be the AD he has passed on college jobs, front office jobs in the NFL and NFL head coaching jobs. He likes what he is doing now

There has got to be more to the belotti story

Originally Posted by IYE2

man oregon is having a rough off season.
Nonsense.  They about to be pre season top 5.  *fireworks*  

That program is legit, all about the here and now.  Watch. 

laugh.gif

*sigh* I guess Oregon needs to find a new playcaller for Saturday's. Oh well. Belotti is always gonna be loved in Eugene.

The overhaul of Georgia’s defensive staff and scheme naturally affectsthe type of players the Dogs are looking to recruit. “I mean, you gotdifferent body types, because you got to get outside linebacker typesand your defensive end and nose types,

Originally Posted by DLo13

The overhaul of Georgia’s defensive staff and scheme naturally affectsthe type of players the Dogs are looking to recruit. “I mean, you gotdifferent body types, because you got to get outside linebacker typesand your defensive end and nose types,

I see what Travis Jones' name was hot on list for DC jobs but he never landed one...

He was indicted yesterday on Wire and Mail fraud for soem shady Real Estate deals...
smh.gif

UGA's RB Richard Samuel was moved to MLB
pimp.gif

F662960.jpg

pimp.gif
Hope he wins the job

F662966.jpg

they gave Milner Hibachi's 28
pimp.gif

F662971.jpg

He's be back
sick.gif