LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

QXQVJRCJCGFVSLJ.20100329211605.jpg

sick.gif

roll.gif

it was an April Fools prank

Arkansas Razorbacks Spring Report: Names to Remember

Ryan Mallett still hurt, probably will help him a bit as well as our backups  (in 2011, the team belongs to Brandon Mitchell - absolute TRUTH)
DEEP backfield, but Ronnie Wingo is the clearcut frontrunner, he will make himself known in the SEC this year. WR corps is probably the deepest in America (no homer
sick.gif
)

Defense is the only thing keeping this team from winning a title, talented group of freshmen coming in as well this fall. We had a great hire in Caldwell from UT fame.
Jake Bequette, Darius Winston, Isaac Madison, and Anthony Leon will make themselves known this year

..rest later, but this season looks to be a good one Petrino, they'll compete for a national title. Petrino is excited
wink.gif

..oh yeah, Mallett for Heisman
pimp.gif

Demar Dorsey has sent a LOI to a JC. I knew that he had work to do to qualify so it looks like this may be a "just in case" kind of thing.

I read its a Auburn - UofM battle for Hart.

Just a precautionary thing w/ Dorsey, I agree. It's still plenty of time. I think when all is said and done, he'll be at U of M.

And I haven't heard AU mentioned w/ Hart. Hart and HCD are close, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were a 'package' type deal, and AU isn't even on the radar for HCD. Seems like Bama ---> FSU ---> ND (Which I have doubts about as well)

At the end of the day, I think they'll be driving around in cherry red Tahoe's, just like Ingram
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

that boy 'HaHa' is a Beast.

Once UF, offers Hart then the process will begin.

OOO and Dre, remember I was tellin you I was talkin to Dude from Brookesville and he Loved FSU last season, but couldnt remember his name,

Its Jajuan Story.

I told y'all about HCD. Animal
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. (Not like I went out on a limb or anything)

And yeah, I posted Jajuan's video in here earlier. Dude is a big FSU fan. We were his 1st major offer I believe

Dude is a monster. Idk how true it is (and I haven't heard it verified by anyone legit) but I read where somebody said that he tried to commit on his visit, but was denied. I don't think it's true though.

If true then
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

'Cause we ain't getting Andre Davis or Kelvin Benjamin.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Just a precautionary thing w/ Dorsey, I agree. It's still plenty of time. I think when all is said and done, he'll be at U of M.

And I haven't heard AU mentioned w/ Hart. Hart and HCD are close, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were a 'package' type deal, and AU isn't even on the radar for HCD. Seems like Bama ---> FSU ---> ND (Which I have doubts about as well)

At the end of the day, I think they'll be driving around in cherry red Tahoe's, just like Ingram
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
I believe Hart went and visited AU.  He supposed to be coming to our spring game and he was/is best friends w/ Ricardo so hopefully Ricardo can persuade him to pull the trigger for us.  Ricardo might be our best recruiter.

Alabama will be looking for all the help it can get in the secondary this fall, and one of the players the Crimson Tide were hoping could help won't be able to.

Junior college signee DeQuan Menzie ruptured his Achilles tendon while playing pickup basketball earlier this week and expects to redshirt during the 2010 season. He underwent surgery Thursday, and his recovery could take up to six months.

Having lost so many players in the secondary, Alabama signed Menzie with the thought he would be able to come in and play right away.

But with Menzie sidelined and junior safety Robby Green's eligibility for the upcoming season in question, Alabama's secondary for the 2010 season will easily be the most unproven unit on the team.

The stalwart back there is junior Mark Barron, who returns as one of the best safeties in the SEC. But after him, it gets dicey.

Right now, sophomores Dre Kirkpatrick and B.J. Scott are working with the first team at cornerback, although true freshmen DeMarcus Milliner and John Fulton are both extremely gifted. Kirkpatrick is pretty well entrenched. He's probably the next star cornerback for the Crimson Tide with his mix of speed, instincts and confidence.

Given Nick Saban's track record, it's unlikely that he's going to throw a true freshman out there at cornerback, particularly early, which makes the addition of LSU transfer Phelon Jones all the more important.

Jones is also working in the cornerback rotation and is a candidate for the Crimson Tide's all-important "star" position in the nickel package. It's the same position Javier Arenas played in the nickel last season.

Sophomore Robert Lester is working as the other starting safety opposite Barron.

Saban said this week that he likes what he sees from a talent standpoint in the secondary, but he'd trade some of that talent for more experience.

"To me, you’re always better off when you have guys who have experience, because they will make less mistakes," Saban said. "Even if guys are talented and are going to be really good players, they usually end up costing you back there."

Case in point: Alabama's loss to eventual national champion LSU in 2007.

Arenas, an inexperienced sophomore at the time, was forced into action late in that game. Granted, he left Alabama as an All-American, but Saban said Arenas' inexperience that night was probably the difference in the game.

"He messed up in two-minute, didn’t cover the right guy, covered him wrong and made a couple of mental errors," Saban recalled. "He was a talented kid who was going to be a really good player, but he wasn’t ready to play and he hadn’t played.

"And when he got out there, he kind of froze up, and one mistake led to another. So to have that maturity about you is critical, and that has to develop with these guys."

Saban said he expects to have an answer on Green before the summer. At this point, Saban is planning on not having him.

"But it would be helpful if he was here," Saban said. "We just don't have enough guys who've played back there."

horrible

Just read something from a Florida rivals writer/site owner and he said based on what he heard lately, He doesn't expect Demar Dorsey to qualify, and he's headed to Juco

Rumors going around that Notre Dame recruit Matt James has passed away after a balcony fall during Spring Break...absolutely awful if true.

Good Lord
frown.gif
seems the railing on the Balcony gave way.

Also his teammate Luke massa was seriously injured in the fall

smh.gif
I hope he is okay. this is tragic man... way too many of these type posts goin on .
smh.gif

well this is all thats confirmed
Notre Dame recruit Matt James dies
Posted: Apr 02, 2010 10:11 PM EDT

FOX 28 confirmed at 10:00 Friday night through a source close to the Notre Dame football program that Notre Dame offensive lineman recruit Matt James has died after falling off a balcony in Florida.

Forget about a young man who was a football star. This story is about a son, a teammate and a very popular high school student who happens to be a prized Notre Dame Football recruit. Matt James, a 6' 7" 290 pound offensive lineman from Cincinnati, Ohio has died at a hotel in Panama City, Florida. James reportedly fell off a balcony while there on Spring Break.

James was an amazing lineman. He was a first team All-American by USA Today. He played in the US Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas. He went to high school powerhouse St. Xavier in Cincinnati. Along with Christian Lombard, they were the jewels of Coach Kelly's first recruiting class and thought to be huge building blocks for the future of the Notre Dame Football program.

FOX 28 will have more on this story as it develops.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Good Lord
frown.gif
seems the railing on the Balcony gave way.

Also his teammate Luke massa was seriously injured in the fall

smh.gif
I hope he is okay. this is tragic man... way too many of these type posts goin on .
smh.gif

well this is all thats confirmed
Notre Dame recruit Matt James dies
Posted: Apr 02, 2010 10:11 PM EDT

FOX 28 confirmed at 10:00 Friday night through a source close to the Notre Dame football program that Notre Dame offensive lineman recruit Matt James has died after falling off a balcony in Florida.

Forget about a young man who was a football star. This story is about a son, a teammate and a very popular high school student who happens to be a prized Notre Dame Football recruit. Matt James, a 6' 7" 290 pound offensive lineman from Cincinnati, Ohio has died at a hotel in Panama City, Florida. James reportedly fell off a balcony while there on Spring Break.

James was an amazing lineman. He was a first team All-American by USA Today. He played in the US Army All-American game in San Antonio, Texas. He went to high school powerhouse St. Xavier in Cincinnati. Along with Christian Lombard, they were the jewels of Coach Kelly's first recruiting class and thought to be huge building blocks for the future of the Notre Dame Football program.

FOX 28 will have more on this story as it develops.

Just read this on ESPN.com. I was shocked man...wow.
eek.gif
frown.gif

Horrible news about James. Both of these kids were heavily recruited by Cincy so and Massa was a one time commit. Feel horrible for the X family.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Horrible news about James. Both of these kids were heavily recruited by Cincy so and Massa was a one time commit. Feel horrible for the X family.
Word.  
tired.gif
frown.gif
 sad story.  

Thats a terrible story.

Kind of a wierd random thing but is Munchie Legaux gonna stay at QB at Cincy?

R.I.P.

Extremely sad news.  Not sure about the rail collapsing or what actually happened, but makes you think that something like that could have happened to any one of us while on Spring Break...
frown.gif

Why's it seem like this type of story is popping up significantly more often lately than it has in the past?

Prayers with the family for sure.

Back
Top Bottom