LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by l Silky Johnston l

Nebraska's spring game is today. I'll check back in later and let you guys know what I think. Also, I will be checking out the Auburn and Alabama spring games today.

Let me know how CB Anthony Blue looks out there.

Tennessee scoring a combined 23 points in the Orange/White game
indifferent.gif

A&M pulls commits from Jonathon Henderson and Devonta Sparks... Good gets.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

HaSean Clinton Dix to Bama.

I am not going. Just went to my nephews lacrosse game and now headed to Lowes to check out some tiling for around the basement fireplace. Possibly Babies R Us for rocking chairs. I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

laugh.gif

Ohio St had an offense/defense scrimmage today, the defense dominated.
If they're not better this yr than last, id be stunned.

After watching our spring game I think we'll be alright with DRob running the show for us. He's a pretty good passer just needs to work on his touch. I like him running around more that Tate, tho they both bring different aspects when they scramble. We're gonna have RB by committee unless V Smith can recover and play at the level he was at the end of the year. Our D-line might actually be decent, idk about the rest of the D.

[h1]Accelerated timetable for Big Ten expansion[/h1]
April 17, 2010 3:24 PM |

By Teddy Greenstein

Remember the talk that the Big Ten would take 12-18 months to decide whether to expand?

An accelerated timetable has emerged, according to sources familiar with the process.

High-ranking Big Ten representatives will meet Sunday afternoon in Washington D.C. to discuss expansion. The timing and location of the session make sense considering the Association of American Universities is holding its semi-annual meetings in D.C. from Sunday-Tuesday, and all 11 Big Ten schools are AAU members.

Among those attending will be Northwestern President Morton Schapiro, according to a university spokesman, and University of Illinois interim chancellor Robert Easter.

If the league can emerge from the D.C. meetings with a mandate toexpand, commissioner Jim Delany could take a substantial step next weekat the annual BCS meetings, outside Phoenix.

As laid out in the Big Ten's Dec. 15 statement, Delany would "notify"the commissioner(s) of the affected conference(s) before "engaging informal expansion discussions with other institutions."

In other words, Big East commissioner John Marinatto would get aheads-up if the Big Ten wishes to contact schools such as Rutgers,Pittsburgh and Syracuse.

That would allow the Big Ten more than a month to negotiate withschools before conference presidents and chancellors meet in Chicagoduring the first weekend in June.

That timetable also makes sense from a financial standpoint. The fiscalyears of universities end on the last day of June, "so if you go pastJuly 1, then you have to wait an extra year," said one source.

Delany could not be reached for comment Saturday and has declined interview requests, saying he's in a "silent phase."

The thinking among those in touch with Big Ten officials is that theleague is likely to add at least three schools -- to end up with a 14-or 16-team league.

"I don't think 16 is scaring anyone off, as long as you can find thatmany (five) that are a good enough fit," said one source who has beenconsulted during the conference's exploratory phase. "They're lookinglong-term, across the horizon. What gives them the best shot at keepingvalue at a high level?"

Notre Dame remains Option A, though observers are flummoxed about theschool's intentions because of seemingly divergent statements made byAthletic Director Jack Swarbrick.

By joining the Big Ten, the Irish could increase their annual TVrevenue from roughly $12 million to $22 million per year, get anational TV platform (the Big Ten Network) for its top-notch Olympicsports and decrease travel costs for its teams.

Harvey Unga of BYU dropped outta school with his girlfriend who's on the basketball team because of a honor code violation. Said to be entering the supplemental draft in July.

ok so Im skimming thru this USF Spring Game that I  DVR'd....

amazed.jpg

BJ DANIEL has a real coach and a Real QB coach.

Its going to be REAL UGLY for the Big east.

Originally Posted by TheDoc86

Originally Posted by l Silky Johnston l

Nebraska's spring game is today. I'll check back in later and let you guys know what I think.

Let me know how CB Anthony Blue looks out there.

I will start by saying it's a spring game and we shouldn't read too much into it.
Having said that, Nebraska's offense looks much better than last year. The o-line is pass blocking better and the receivers seem to have much better ball skills when the ball is in the air and more tenacity. Although I believe Zac Lee will be the starting quarterback, Taylor Martinez is pushing hard for playing time and at the least will be utilized in a wildcat package which could feature some interesting running and passing plays.
The defense looks a little young right now and will have to replace a lot of star players but as practice progresses I look for them to be solid once again. Of course Suh, Turner, Dillard, O'Hanlon and Asante will be missed but I have full confidence in Coach Pelini's ability to once again develop players and create pressure; even if that means bringing a fifth person to get after the qb. Rickey Thenarse looked really good and really hungry for action after coming off a medical hardship. I expect him to make the most of his final season. I see Anthony Blue contributing on special teams (punt and kick coverage).
Special teams look great...Alex Henery...enough said. It's amazing how a good place kicker/punter can be such a nice weapon to have and can have a substantial influence on field position, both teams' stats and most importantly the final outcome of a game. Since Nebraska is stock piled with young linebackers and corners, coverage on special teams should be lock down. I expect Niles Paul to field punts again this year and whoever wins the kick return position will earn it because there are a lot of young players vying for that position right now.

I cant even describe what Im watching. it Looks like we're about to see the greatest year to year improvement from the QB position. I never saw him making throws like this...
eek.gif
I am excited

UGA dismissed Mettenberger. Not sure why yet, but it's almost officially The Aaron Murray Show.
pimp.gif

How did Cam Newton do at Auburn's Spring game?

What about Philip Sims at Bama's?

missed both of the games on tv yesterday

Driskel looked very good at the camp today and

He called the Gators his top choice and from the sound of it, he could be ready to make an announcement sooner rather than later.

pimp.gif

Lyons also had a good day and when he is on campus for FNL, could be some good news.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Driskel looked very good at the camp today and

He called the Gators his top choice and from the sound of it, he could be ready to make an announcement sooner rather than later.

pimp.gif

Lyons also had a good day and when he is on campus for FNL, could be some good news.
Hes all Gator,
He has no other choice, His other school is Auburn and they just  got a verbal from Kiehl. He'd be a dummy to choose the Barn,

Driskell is also a  top MLB prospect so be forewarned.

Back
Top Bottom